• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
George Smith, I just had a little chuckle at your two or three threads in a row, where you quoted yourself. (It takes little to amuse me).

Where would G&GR be if you couldn't chuck some ideas around to see who would run with them?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
George Smith that would be a useful exercise, and I know that the 1st XV i

The MIC Rugby at the Schools should be ensuring that the littlies in the 13's and 14's and the battlers in the various D's and E's teams get the best available coaching, and just don't get saddled with a disinterested Drama teacher who has been press ganged into the coaching position.

Newington knows exactly what you mean........(speaking on their behalf)

K

kbw

i hear there had been another addition into the Newington Dream team and he is only in year 10, comes by the name of Simon kennewell he is from st. Augustines...another one haha but he plays centre and is a big unit, i expect big things from this kid and i think he may play a key role in the Backrow and george prassas may move to prop.

MY Pick for 2013

1. George Prassas 2nd XV
2. Campbell Shearer/Matt Serhorn 2nd XV, 16A
3. Vuni..(not too sure of his full name, correction will be made if i am wrong) 2nd XV and 16A
4.Anthony Vasilis (1st/2nd XV, got injured early on with a thumb injury)
5.Simon Kennewell (centre to backrow, interesting to see how he goes or if he changes to this position)
6. David Morris 1st XV
7. Jordan Roods/Tom Meaney/stuart Mill (all strong ruckmen) all 2nd XV members
8. Lachie Kannell (easy rep player if he keeps up his form) 1st XV
9. Joey Lussick 1st XV
10. Ellis Abraham (english lad, strong with the ball and good defender) 1st XV /Lachlan Anderson (small but a key play maker and controller of team mates) 2nd XV
11. Tanne Milne (needs to prove himself in this position, imposing and a good ball runner) 1st XV
12. Josh Mitchell (needs more exposure to the 1sts, great with the ball and a key defender when it counts) 2nd XV
13. Tepai Meoroa (big unit, Aus. school boy rep and hits like steam train) (1st XV)
14. needs to be filled in (any ideas)
15. needs to be filled in (any ideas)

this could well be one of the greatest teams that Newington had put together, even more so than last years winning team, but if the coaches use this players right and don't lose key players, they will for sure be a dominat team once again and win the GPS title on the anniversary!

I think you are quite off the mark in a couple of cases.
Kennewell would be in the 1st XV, too young.
You are missing Tim Lee.
Taane is completely wasted on the wing,, so I would be very surprised if thats where they play him.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I think you are quite off the mark in a couple of cases.
Kennewell would be in the 1st XV, too young.
You are missing Tim Lee.
Taane is completely wasted on the wing,, so I would be very surprised if thats where they play him.

Agree re. Tim Lee - maybe #2 or #6 ? Mill can play #2 as well if reshuffle is needed!

Luke Strong ( if fit ) could go in at #5 - strong ( pardon the pun ) credentials although this season wrecked with injuries.

Sione Folotua (?) from the 3rd's could be an option up front?

Milne made a great fist of #11 this year, particularly in the set plays ( kick offs, drop outs, re-starts ). But I tend to agree - 2013 may require him to make more impact at #13 - switch him for Josh Mitchell who impressed me this year?

Hood is going to be hard to replace at #15 - any ideas anyone?

Cheers, Wreckless :)

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Luke Strong ( if fit ) could go in at #5 - strong ( pardon the pun ) credentials although this season wrecked with injuries.

Sione Folotua (?) from the 3rd's could be an option up front?

Hood is going to be hard to replace at #15 - any ideas anyone?

Cheers, Wreckless :)

couldn't agree more, shouldn't included this fine newington boys, luke strong may need to know do some serious pre season training to come against the other schools or boys wanting the same position as him. a great fullback to complete a hopefully sound back line could be last year 2nd XV centre, Josh Mitchell. he looks like a grizzly bear and acts like one on the field to, he is suffered injuries throughout his rugby career but should be fine for that position unless they shift him to centre with tepai??

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone want to have a punt at a Scots likely for next year?

This team was suggested a bit earlier in the thread:

1. Tom Cleaver (1sts)
2. Marley Crossley, Olly Kamp (if changes position)
3. Aiden Brown (16As)
4. Toby Rudolph (16As)
5. James Lough, Matt Boustred (2nds)
6. Hamish Murray (1sts), Will Ridley (2nds)
7. Olly Kamp (1sts), Hamish Dunbar (1sts), Nick Kellaway (2nds)
8. Angus Crichton (1sts)
9. Mitch Short (2nds)
10. Ben Starkey (1sts)
11. Sam Tabuatamata (3rds)
12. Max Champion (2nds), 13. Simon Johnston (16As)
14. Guy Porter
15. Andrew Kellaway (1sts)

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)

1. Tom Cleaver (1sts)
3. Aiden Brown (16As)
4. Toby Rudolph (16As)
8. Angus Crichton (1sts)
9. Mitch Short (2nds)
10. Ben Starkey (1sts)
14. Guy Porter
Some tough selection issues there...can Nick play second row. Interesting to see if Aiden can mix it with the big boys......no lack of aggression. The other question is where to play Ben S. he was outsstanding in the back half of the comp at 12. Porter is a talent but he will still be an U16 next year,is he big enough yet(bulk).

H

HarveyColon

it's been long overdue but it's time for a rant to come steaming out of the colon.

Now that grammar are gone no one cares........but i care.

Having watched the antics of the 1sts basketball coach today i am absolutely f***ing ropable.......

"last year when i coached the under 15's we had a win loss record of 14-1, so i'm just gunna forget that these next two years even happen" coach of the 1sts basketball

Obviously, watching Through my binoculars I wasn't able to hear much (the quote from the coach was relayed to me) but by the body language you can tell no-one wants to be there.

There is a wierd phenomenon at grammar which i call the Alpha culture which involves a bunch of testicularly challenged dickweeds (i used to play for grammar so i know what i'm talking about) jump up at half time speeches and all have their respective rants at their team mates. Everything is someone elses fault. Everyone thinks they are a leader superstar.

All credit to you headmaster for buying new improved coaches.....looks like it went really well in rugby and that the environment in basketball is looking really enjoyable and progressive. I know you read this through your connections with inside shoulder and let me just say that there are a bunch of players who will walk away at the drop of a hat so just a haeds up if that happens. BUYING NEW COACHES DOESN'T WORK UNLESS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CATTLE TO COACH.

congratulations to all hsc students who are finished

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Some tough selection issues there.can Nick play second row. Interesting to see if Aiden can mix it with the big boys..no lack of aggression. The other question is where to play Ben S. he was outsstanding in the back half of the comp at 12. Porter is a talent but he will still be an U16 next year,is he big enough yet(bulk).

Backrow will be Chricton, Kamp and Dunbar. 2nd row N Kellaway and Murray. Other locked in positions A Kellaway 15, Starkey 10, Short 9 and Cleaver 1

S

Sydneybra

Toby Rudloph will probably get the 2nd row sport as he is currently in NGS and was probably the 16A's best player

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
About 200 boys (aged 14-17) in attendance at Kings this morning for the induction of the Sydney based participants in the 2012-13 Junior Gold Squad. Boys will be splitting into their specific training venue groups from next week (at either Kings, Scots or Knox) with 6 more Sunday sessions prior to Christmas and a further 9 sessions recommencing from late January.
Were there many likely GPS first XV players there?
A re-post from the Gold Squads thread

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)

1. Tom Cleaver (1sts)
3. Aiden Brown (16As)
4. Toby Rudolph (16As)
8. Angus Crichton (1sts)
9. Mitch Short (2nds)
10. Ben Starkey (1sts)
14. Guy Porter

Some tough selection issues there.can Nick play second row. Interesting to see if Aiden can mix it with the big boys..no lack of aggression. The other question is where to play Ben S. he was outsstanding in the back half of the comp at 12. Porter is a talent but he will still be an U16 next year,is he big enough yet(bulk).
Sydneybra said:
You are really, should we way, single minded if you think Luke Lough will play opens next year. He will bee 15!! Only reason that he is dominant in the ISA comp is because he developed much before everyone else and plays against not so top-notch opponents as GPS or CAS. Also 13 year old Tyrone Taukamo destroyed him in a club game in every aspect. Also he is not in the 15s NSW this year, he is 14 and trialled for Gordon 15s and didnt make it​
"For the records. Luke is under14s this year. He plays up in the Auggies 15a, where he is very dominant and not that big.
The Auggies 15a have beaten all the GPS teams they have played over the years.
He has never played against Tyrone.
He has not trialled for the older Gordon (15) rep team.
He did not trial For the (15) age group city or NSW teams.
Wont be playing opens next year because the Auggies backline are mostly year eleven so will be back.
Just run 11.7 ( no training) for the 100.
Just for your records"​
10to12, Aug 30, 2012 Report
#104 Like Reply

Hugh Jarse Peter Sullivan (51)

^^^ Looks like the mail on Lough x 2 to Scots for 2013 with both boys in 1st XV (Opens) is wrong.​
though there does appear to be a new bus rout opening from Nth Narrabeen to Rose Bay, Maybe more for 2014​
Rugby is a wonderful show: dance, opera and, suddenly, the blood of a killing. - Richard Burton
The most simple way to identify a very powerful athlete is to look for the combination of low skin folds and big arse. - Bruce Ross

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
does anybody know if the infamous 'hound dog' Tyrone will be playing up an age group or playing in the opens next year for Newington??

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
does anybody know if the infamous 'hound dog' Tyrone will be playing up an age group or playing in the opens next year for Newington??

I suspect this trolling. We'll see.
given the crap written about Tyrone and others on here we need to set the ground rules: what would you call "playing up an age group" for Tyrone?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I suspect this trolling. We'll see.
given the crap written about Tyrone and others on here we need to set the ground rules: what would you call "playing up an age group" for Tyrone?

sorry bout the nickname, one was needed.....hopefully he will just mature into opens rather than playing him up....he is so young still

Status
Not open for further replies.