• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
keen to see how newington go after losing most of their 1st xv team. hopefully there will be some good competition from riverview, joeys and kings. Id really like to see grammar back in the comp and having a good go. They have a history of success i would like to see return, also sydney boys high, who played in the 3rd xv comp last year. All schools have the chance to uncover some talent they may have been laying hiding through the b teams over the years. looks like a good season coming up. keen to see how it pans out with the extended rounds.

Wolf Out.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Potential Team

Props: Al Baxter and Patricio Noriega

Hooker: Phil Kearns

2nd Row: James Horwill and John Eales

B Aways: Tim Gavin and Greg Cornelson

Lock: Mark Loane

Half: George Gregan

5/8: Mark Ella

Centres: Tim Horan and Jason Little

Wings: David Campese and Joe Roff

Fullback: Mat Burke

Best I could come up with on short notice. Lots of scholarships.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Potential Team

Props: Al Baxter and Patricio Noriega

Hooker: Phil Kearns

2nd Row: James Horwill and John Eales

B Aways: Tim Gavin and Greg Cornelson

Lock: Mark Loane

Half: George Gregan

5/8: Mark Ella

Centres: Tim Horan and Jason Little

Wings: David Campese and Joe Roff

Fullback: Mat Burke

Best I could come up with on short notice. Lots of scholarships.

Newington boy as hooker........imported?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Geez I hope they find them soon.
Most of them are going into yr 12 next year and it would be sad if they miss out on the HSC (or IB) because the school lost them ...

yes it would be, 5 to of the 6 current year 12 first XV members were completely the English Advanced Course, with one managing to excel in Visual Arts and PDHPE (band 6 hopefully). 3 were completing 3 unit maths, while the rest were doing 2 unit or general maths.

All completed at least 1 year of service learning at the Loaves and fishes Restaurant, blood donations and Red Shield Appeal.

Take into consideration that none were doing the IB and all should be congratulated in completing the HSC as balancing a heavy workload of rugby, academics and extra curricular activities.

Wish them will lads, as an old boy they were great assets to the school both through rugby and academia.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
You seem to have your information very well organised, thanks for explaining that to our good mate kbw. It seems as though their is a lot of biased against Newingtons methods in this thread, and i would like to ask everyone to keep it clean and not target one school. thankyou guys,

Wolf Out.

K

kbw

ah Mr Wolf you will be interested to know that my son is in for a beating for giving me false information ... :)
They are losing 10. But I still hope someone finds them ... :)

all tongue in cheek

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
keen to see how newington go after losing most of their 1st xv team. hopefully there will be some good competition from riverview, joeys and kings. Id really like to see grammar back in the comp and having a good go. They have a history of success i would like to see return, also sydney boys high, who played in the 3rd xv comp last year. All schools have the chance to uncover some talent they may have been laying hiding through the b teams over the years. looks like a good season coming up. keen to see how it pans out with the extended rounds.

Wolf Out.

I believe Newington will have about 7-8 players returning from last years 1st XV, the seconds were also very strong and their are players returning from this team also. So one can expect an experinced team based around Year 12 boys. News problem maybe in this years U/16s entering the open division for 2013 not one of strongest age groups despite their improvement throughout the season. However, there maybe some boys entering the school in Year 11. They could add to New's depth and talent. Our senior years are often bigger in numbers than the junior years. I beleive we have secured a year 10 boy of talent and two Tongan boys who are backrowers maybe arriving at the school but again as year 10s. Do any New supporters know of players entering the school in 2013 who may add to the school's rugby talent.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fantastic news from Grammar: plans have been laid for development through touring to NZ, among other places, some camps and the appointment of some sort of rugby guru with responsibility for rugby in the prep schools.
Some other changes in student selection could see a little more interest in the game they play in heaven.
This is fantastic news: and everyone knows how negative I have been!!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Fantastic news from Grammar: plans have been laid for development through touring to NZ, among other places, some camps and the appointment of some sort of rugby guru with responsibility for rugby in the prep schools.
Some other changes in student selection could see a little more interest in the game they play in heaven.

Good to hear. No doubt plenty of other Grammar supporters will be as excited about these developments as you are and Grammar will return to the top flight of GPS rugby in the near future.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Great news indeed. One hopes that it will lead to the return of Grammar to the AAGPS 1st XV competition. If it's done the right way, the winners will not only be the rugby community at Grammar, but the school as a whole.

I think about 2/3 of Year 7 at Grammar come through the 2 Prep schools, so this is the right way to do it. Solid foundations will lead to good results down the track.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
How old was he? Must've kept his hair in good order, he looked about 50ish to me.

For those familiar with the full gamut of GPS sports, Tony Lantry, a stalwart of GPS cricket, died this week.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Both are terrible losses to the GPS community. Their families are in our thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.