• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilbert15

I sometimes think the selectors with the requirement to select squads before the GPS season starts get caught up with the hype around the fancied schools at the start of the season (eg. View and Kings in 2012) and dont properly look at the other schools' players.

Now that the season is all but one over I wonder what the GPS 1st XV would look like? Also, how many players (without nominating names) would each school get in the GPS 1,2,3s (ie top 45)?

What about the Aussie Schools, I'm wondering who will be called into to replace Foketi, after his very unfortunate season ending injury. Will Horwitzs or jones be brought back in???

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
2013 DREAM TEAM at New to be out-right champions

Starting XV

1. Tepai Morea- Makes is much awaited move to prop, the position which he plays in league (very similar)
2. Lachlan Osmond- Very heavily built, great body shape for a hooker IMO
3. Lachlan Anderson- Seen a big step up from him this year, I personally believe he has he potential to go a far way in the future in this position (watch this space)
4. George Lucas- Hearing great raps from him at the top level, amazing player
5. Luke Strong- Big Boy future star''
6. Tim Lee- Power and aggression to make big hits and stay strong in collision, also good over the ball
7. David Morris- Future Pocock
8. Lachlan Cannel- Keen to see his development, potential Aus schoolboy next year
9. Joey Lussick- No brainer
10. Guy Beever- Returning on pathways, has a great rugby brain, directs play well
11. George Prassas- Looks to have the natural body shape of a 6 but is actually a winger in disguise
12. Taane Milne- No brainer
13. Tyrone Taukamo- Makes his much anticipated move to 1st XV
14. Oscar Pople- Pace to burn
15. Ed Pollitt- The speed on this kid is unbelievable and I think he can play at fullback excellently, also his cover tackles this year have been out of this world for the 16A's

looks like a great team tome. nice to see the return of the solid lachlan osmand. ed pollitt a fantastic runner should be able to step up to the challenge. lachlan anderson, no with his teeth now and straight may found them falling out again, stepping up to the challenge playing in the front row!!!

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
Is this Tyrone from this year's Newington's 14As I know that Tyrone is a try scoring machine who has destroyed singled handedly opposing sides at this level. He certainly has the strength, speed and size, but I would be concerned about his lack of experience. I heard he only turns 13 at the end of this year.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Is this Tyrone from this year's Newington's 14As I know that Tyrone is a try scoring machine who has destroyed singled handedly opposing sides at this level. He certainly has the strength, speed and size, but I would be concerned about his lack of experience. I heard he only turns 13 at the end of this year.
Correct - what is being suggested is he could play 1st when eligible for year 8.
Surely this is a joke.
He's good for his age - repeat for his age - or even his age + 1 year or 2 years - hell I'd even concede 3 years.
This is in the same category as the poster who picked Luke Lough in the Scots 1's for 2013...except Tyrone is actually at the school.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)

It's a "pisstake"! :)

S

Sydneybra

The concept about his age is a regularly miss-conceived mystery... We all know he is turning 27 by the end of the year

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
2013 DREAM TEAM at New to be out-right champions

Starting XV

1. Tepai Morea- Makes is much awaited move to prop, the position which he plays in league (very similar)
2. Lachlan Osmond- Very heavily built, great body shape for a hooker IMO
3. Lachlan Anderson- Seen a big step up from him this year, I personally believe he has he potential to go a far way in the future in this position (watch this space)
4. George Lucas- Hearing great raps from him at the top level, amazing player
5. Luke Strong- Big Boy future star''
6. Tim Lee- Power and aggression to make big hits and stay strong in collision, also good over the ball
7. David Morris- Future Pocock
8. Lachlan Cannel- Keen to see his development, potential Aus schoolboy next year
9. Joey Lussick- No brainer
10. Guy Beever- Returning on pathways, has a great rugby brain, directs play well
11. George Prassas- Looks to have the natural body shape of a 6 but is actually a winger in disguise
12. Taane Milne- No brainer
13. Tyrone Taukamo- Makes his much anticipated move to 1st XV
14. Oscar Pople- Pace to burn
15. Ed Pollitt- The speed on this kid is unbelievable and I think he can play at fullback excellently, also his cover tackles this year have been out of this world for the 16A's

Lachlan Anderson, the 2nds five-eights? I love the ambitious approach, but he is probably the skinniest player I saw in either 1sts or 2nds this entire year. And Oscar Pople is Year 12, not returning next year. I struggle to see Tepai being able to understand and develop the necessary intricacies to play prop at a GPS 1sts level. Opposing backlines would be breathing an enormous sigh of relief if this does happen.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone know the status on Teams for tomorrow,in particular Scots v Kings?...is HJ playing? Would be a good match up out wide with Frost and Holmes who are on fire at the moment.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well said Scaraby.

Too often it is forgotten that these are just kids, doing kids things.

There is plenty of time for them to find out about the big bad world out there. Let them embrace and enjoy their childhood.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
.the next person who tells me that our kids who also happen to be good at summer sports shouldnt play Rugby in winter might end up short some talent themselves.. Its Sport, theyre kids and where i come from you play one sport in summer and one in winter and you play because you bloody well enjoy it not because some coach or official wants to win a kids comp..yes KIDS COMP.
I don't know about other summer sports but cricket want your heart and soul from about 12 years of age - and then if they don't like the look of you or like the look of someone better there's not even a "sorry mate about all those hours you put in last year"....let kids be friggin kids!

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
2013 King's School Dream Team
1) Lucus Bateman
2)Jono Bourke
3)James King/Nick Brown
4)Ben Stacey
5)Sam Connor?
6)Robert Black
7) Jack McCalman
8)David Ballantyne
9) Rory Davis
10)Corey Tulloch
11) James Kane
12)Will Davies
13)John Robertson
14)Tom Bucknell
15) Harry Jones

Remember this team was the premiership winners of the 16A's in 2011!! With add on players from year 10's

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
2013 King's School Dream Team
1) Lucus Bateman
2)Jono Bourke
3)James King/Nick Brown
4)Ben Stacey
5)Sam Connor?
6)Robert Black
7) Jack McCalman
8)David Ballantyne
9) Rory Davis
10)Corey Tulloch
11) James Kane
12)Will Davies
13)John Robertson
14)Tom Bucknell
15) Harry Jones

Remember this team was the premiership winners of the 16A's in 2011!! With add on players from year 10's

You'll need to find a place for Sam Carter in the backline. Can't see Sam Connor playing 5 - more likely he'll be at 6 with Rob Black going to 5.

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
You'll need to find a place for Sam Carter in the backline. Can't see Sam Connor playing 5 - more likely he'll be at 6 with Rob Black going to 5.
oh yes i forgot about Carter. Carter will go centre with Davis, which will push a backline member to fullback

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Anyone going to list a Shore Dream Team for 2013?

From the 16s age group alone it should look something like this
2. Sam Cater
3. Doug Streeter
4. Nathan Lucas
6. Paddy Olver
7. Jum Woodhill
9. Harry Emery
10. Jack Clancy
12. Toby Cooke
13. Charlie King
14. Matt Dowsett?
15. Nic Clancy