• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Observer

Frank Row (1)
16 A wrap for the weekend New 12 beat View 7. View not the same team without McGregor and HH. Could have been more in it. Joeys beat Shore 17 to 5 in a tough encounter, score flattered Joeys. Shore forwards were pretty good. Scots beat Kings 20 to 5 in an open affair. I'm told its was a game of Scots backs v Kings forwards. Kings dominated set pieces, Scots backs were quick and well organised and made plenty of inroads.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
16 A wrap for the weekend New 12 beat View 7. View not the same team without McGregor and HH. Could have been more in it. Joeys beat Shore 17 to 5 in a tough encounter, score flattered Joeys. Shore forwards were pretty good. Scots beat Kings 20 to 5 in an open affair. I'm told its was a game of Scots backs v Kings forwards. Kings dominated set pieces, Scots backs were quick and well organised and made plenty of inroads.

Anything to report on the 15's? :)

B

Br Henry

Joeys will need to lift their game after last weekend. Across all grades I saw lots of dropped ball. Speed means nothing when you can't keep the pill.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
I can't see any recent mention of the GPS teams, when are they announced as I believe they play against CAS on Tue 18th.

main event

Stan Wickham (3)
Possible GPS 1st based on form and merrit

1. Doug Streeter (Shore)
2. ?
3. Matthew Sandell (Joeys)
4. Lachie Cannel (New)
5. Ned Hanigan (Joeys)
6. Olly Kamp (Scots)
7. Jack McCalman C (Kings)
8. Dave Morris (New)
9. Rory Davis (Kings)
10. Corey Tulloch (Kings)
11.Taane Milne (New)
12. Will Davies (Kings)
13. Tepai Morea (New)
14. ?
15. Andrew Kellaway (Scots)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 1 scores are not really represented in the possible GPS 1 team.

Kings x 4. Scots x 2.
Joeys x 2, Shore x 1
New x 4, View x 0

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Not a bad team at all main event though it's tough to make a call on players when you (I mean, I) haven't seen them this year.

I would be surprised if the admirable Crichton isn't picked at 8 as he was quite a player for Scots last year and NSW Schools U/16 — and don't forget that he was in the GPS 3rds in 2012.

Fotukava of View would have to be a chance for the hooking spot as would his team mate Freeman on the wing,

But if they are looking for fast wingers who can take a chance like a soccer striker, Robinson of Joeys could fit the bill, and his mate on the other wing, McCutcheon, knows how to score a try - though he's still in Yr. 11.

I don't know about Hanigan as a lock. In schools rep rugby I like to see power runners, the Harry Rorke type, in the second row.

Hanigan is skilful backrower with a big engine, who is good in the lineout — and is a player of high value — but I doubt if he is a rep second rower.

Starting Lineup

Stan Wickham (3)

1. Doug Streeter (Shore)
2. ?
4. Lachie Cannel (New)
5. Ned Hanigan (Joeys)
6. Olly Kamp (Scots)
8. Dave Morris (New)
9. Rory Davis (Kings)
11.Taane Milne (New)
12. Will Davies (Kings)
13. Tepai Morea (New)
14. ?

Crichton of Scots would be my No 8 over Morris

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not a bad team at all main event though it's tough to make a call on players when you (I mean, I) haven't seen them this year.

I would be surprised if the admirable Crichton isn't picked at 8 as he was quite a player for Scots last year and NSW Schools U/16 — and don't forget that he was in the GPS 3rds in 2012.

Fotukava of View would have to be a chance for the hooking spot as would his team mate Freeman on the wing,

But if they are looking for fast wingers who can take a chance like a soccer striker, Robinson of Joeys could fit the bill, and his mate on the other wing, McCutcheon, knows how to score a try - though he's still in Yr. 11.

I don't know about Hanigan as a lock. In schools rep rugby I like to see power runners, the Harry Rorke type, in the second row.

Hanigan is skilful backrower with a big engine, who is good in the lineout — and is a player of high value — but I doubt if he is a rep second rower.
Ah Lee, when in doubt there's always someone in cerise & blue who would not look out of place.
Only problem with that dig by me is its actually true.
;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Round 1 scores are not really represented in the possible GPS 1 team.

Kings x 4. Scots x 2.
Joeys x 2, Shore x 1
New x 4, View x 0

I'd be surprised if Kings had more players in the GPS 1s than Scots after last Saturday's games between the two teams. The no 9 Davis was the only real stand out in the four Kings players you've named. Scots Matt Craft should be on one of the wings and in the forwards Angus Crichton and Hamish Murray would be strong chances of selection.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)

1. Doug Streeter (Shore)
2. ?
4. Lachie Cannel (New)
5. Ned Hanigan (Joeys)
6. Olly Kamp (Scots)
8. Dave Morris (New)
9. Rory Davis (Kings)
11.Taane Milne (New)
12. Will Davies (Kings)
13. Tepai Morea (New)
14. ?
Somehow I think that McCalman will be a little down the order as far as skipper goes with Kellaway, Sandell and Streeter already Captaining last year or Aus Reps ahead. In saying that, it depends on what the selectors want

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
GPS Team
1. Doug Streeter (Shore)
2. Hosea Fotakuva (View)
3. Matt Sandell (c) (Joeys)
4. Ned Hanigan (Joeys)
5. Lachie Cannell (Newington)
6. Olly Kamp (Scots)
7. Jack McCalluman (Kings)
8. Angus Critchon (Scots)
9. Joey Lussick (Newington)
10. Andrew Deegan (Joeys)
11. Taane Milne (Newington)
12. Will Davis (Kings)
13. Tepai Moerea (Newington)
14. Sam Mete (View)
15. Andrew Kellaway (vc) (Scots)

Joeys - 3
View - 2
Newington - 4
Scots - 3
Kings - 2
Shore - 1

A few positions are tough to pick. Hooker could go to just about anyone but I've heard some wraps on Hossie over the past few weeks. The 6 jersey has a few options too including Dunbar (Scots) Morris (Newington) O'Brien (Joeys) and Woodhill (Shore) all of whom would do a great job if selected. Deegan at 10 I feel is right although it looks like Tulloch (Kings) will get it, Jack Clancy (Shore) is a fine 10 also. As stated before there is a lot of options for that extra wing spot, the Joeys pair of Robinson and McCutcheon have been in great form whilst the Scots winger (whose name I've forgotten) has been in great form I hear. No matter who is picked, I think they'll smash the CAS boys by about 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.