• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
22 all.
Didn't see the game, but 3rd hand he was solid but did not have his usual impact.
I did however get glowing reports about his younger brother who apparently was outstanding in the 16A's.
Scored a belter of a try apparently.

ps: I was also told that the program listed every team the riverview boys played in,so they are basically listing their year of enrolment in their programs.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Not sure that this is going to deserve its own thread and it is silent as to a year or years in which this happened - but:

No idea as to the identity of the Shore boy, but I have heard stories for years about a former Wallaby (didn't attend a GPS school, but a school in another private school association) who was on 'the juice' in his early post school years.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Joeys 1st 36-10
Joeys 2nds 61-5

1st looked pretty good with very little ball and a big penalty cout in the second half. Both Deegan and OShea got runs at 10 and both looked very comfortable. Ned Hanigan put on some massive shots and as always Mat Sandell led well. Star of the day though was Tim McCutcheon, scored 5 tries for the 2s then came on for the 1s, scored three and set up another. Expect him to feature more in 1s this year.
How did Tierney Glasson go at hooker?

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
King's 1sts 54 def Stannies 7 with Stannies scoring inside the last two minutes of the game. Kings 2nds & 3rds had big wins as well.
Riverview beat St Stannies 56-7 a few weeks back but I don't think that much comparison can be drawn from these near identical scorelines as Riverview's athletes weren't playing in their game against Stannies. Still Riverview have had plenty of trial games and from your previous comments this was Kings first one for the year so I expect there was no doubt some "rustiness" in their game. As Kings are coming over to play Joeys next week were there any injuries to the side named to play Stannies and is there anyone else to come back into their firsts other than Tulloch?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Alistair Murdoch ... Former shore boy and played 2 tests if memory serves me correct. He was built like a brick s...house. Oh well unless proof ... All just here say, besides some short blokes are just naturally like that ... Trust me I am one of them ... Although sadly wasn't ever as fast as alistair :(

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Are Auggies still the powerhouse that they used to be? If so, the big win from View against them on the weekend has to increase their credentials as title contenders right?

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys 1st 36-10
Joeys 2nds 61-5

1st looked pretty good with very little ball and a big penalty cout in the second half. Both Deegan and OShea got runs at 10 and both looked very comfortable. Ned Hanigan put on some massive shots and as always Mat Sandell led well. Star of the day though was Tim McCutcheon, scored 5 tries for the 2s then came on for the 1s, scored three and set up another. Expect him to feature more in 1s this year.
These seem like very good wins as Oakhill are supposedly the top side in ISA at present?

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Are Auggies still the powerhouse that they used to be? If so, the big win from View against them on the weekend has to increase their credentials as title contenders right?

Auggies lost all their big boys last year so could be said to be rebuilding as view is.
Of interest is 15a draw, 16a solid win by Auggies, 3 and 2 win by Auggies.
Similar situation at Oakhill, where their strong team last year were nearly all in year 12.
Hope this View team does well as its the core of last years 16 Gordon and Norths teams so some very able boys in it. The following year 2014 I know they will be good.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
These seem like very good wins as Oakhill are supposedly the top side in ISA at present?

10to12 has explained it well in the discussion around St Augies and 'View matches
This was a good first time match between the schools. It would be great if both could find time in their schedules to repeat it over the next couple of years as they have some good teams on the way through the ages. Who knows, whoever hosts the next one may even light the BBQ so the guests can have a sausage sandwich!!

Oak hill are the current ISA champions as they won in 2012. The bulk of that team has moved on. This is a new year and the top side is not likely to be decided until the end of the season.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Scots won by a cricket score.
Did I see in an earlier post that A.Kellaway was running at 10? If so, why, and how did he go?
either Scots have uncovered a better 15 (unlikely) or they are very short of quality 10's (more likely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom