• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Dear fellow GaGr bloggers. Whilst I wait for all the rep footy this week I received this today which I thought we could adopt! We all know those cute little computer symbols called 'emoticons,' where:
: ) means a smile, and : ( is a frown. As well as we use :) :confused: etc.
Well, how about some 'ASSICONS’ which I am sure could be applied to us! So here goes:
(_!_) a regular ass
(__!__) a fat ass
(!) a tight ass
(_*_) an ass hole
{_!_} a swishy ass
(_o_) an ass that's been around
(_x_) kiss my ass
(_X_) leave my ass alone
(_zzz_) a tired ass
(_E=mc2_) a smart ass
(_$_) Money coming out of his ass
(_?_) Dumb Ass
enjoy . .. . .

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
next time you try to sound like you have some sort of knowledge, just ponder on the possibility of many boys in the 1s comp playing in the gps teams
gents, only if the injury is REALLY serious would a player admit to having an injury after being selected in a GPS team. Those 3 or 4 players I saw leave the field on the weekend, and are in GPS squads, all fronted the team management on Sunday without fuss or confession.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
To anyone of influence, the results and points ladder for GPS is an embarrassment! Still not updated, out of interest I flicked over to the CAS site, it was uptodate on Sunday night, that is how the GPS site should be.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
To anyone of influence, the results and points ladder for GPS is an embarrassment! Still not updated, out of interest I flicked over to the CAS site, it was uptodate on Sunday night, that is how the GPS site should be.

It's updated now (4:50pm)

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
RD 1 Newington Kings 0 -- 13
15-Jun Riverview SBH 7 -- 7
Grammar Joeys 21 -- 10
Shore Scots 0 -- 43
TAS Bye
Summary of 3rds results may be of some interest to those that were looking at the depth across all the schools and also where SBH, Grammar and TAS were fitting into the scheme of things.
At this early stage my money will be on TAS, Scots and Grammar for the Gold, Silver and Bronze positions in a boxed trifecta.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
I see that The Armidale School had three boys in the NSW Country Schools team that played CHS II yesterday (Score NSW Cnty 25 CHS II 19)..

Are TAS are in the 3rd XV competition along with High and Grammar?

Any reports on how they have been going?

Yes, they are competing in the 3rd XV competition. They beat Sydney Boys a few weeks back in a close game - 15 to 5, though I believe this may have been a trial game. As a side note, a lot of the previous year's team was composed of Year 12 boys, as I understand.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes, they are competing in the 3rd XV competition. They beat Sydney Boys a few weeks back in a close game - 15 to 5 as I understand it, though I believe this may have been a trial game. As a side note, a lot of the previous year's team was composed of Year 12 boys, as I understand.

There's a possibility the 3rds comp will be more even than the 1sts

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
There's a possibility the 3rds comp will be more even than the 1sts

I must admit that I missed the boys' game on Saturday, but the result gives me hope that this will be true for them through the rest of the year.

I decided I would watch a CAS game for the weekend, and ducked round the corner to attend the Aloys-Trinity game. I sincerely hope such a game can be replicated in the GPS this year, but these early results (and the referee complaints!) have concerned me.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I am aware of what "all the other schools do" - i have no problem with the concept of a lunch and the arousal of passion and interest, or interest and passion as the case may be, by that means.
I do not understand the necessity to raise money to play rugby when the schools are flush with funds: see the rampant building programs and renovation of their playing fields on an almost annual basis, in one case.

There was one, in which I was involved in an unofficial capacity, that was fairly actively discouraged and therefore died about 2 or 3 years ago.
My understanding was that the school did not want them raising money for scrum machines etc and actively discouraged that type of thing. Masters were discouraged, if not prohibited, from going to an annual dinner.
Parents were not encouraged, let alone invited, to have any real input - but this is not an approach confined to rugby: the one exception is the Boatshed.
That said there has been a sea change with the arrival of Fear.
I am told that everything he has asked for he has received.
I am not easily impressed (which may be obvious) but I am extremely impressed with him.
If he thinks he needs a supporters group he might ask for one and may get one - he is well placed to determine the need for such a thing.
There is simply no rugby culture among parents at grammar: few come from a rugby background. Relatively few old boys have sons there. Few parents played the game or even watched it. with a few exceptions its a distraction from the real business of life.
There is no real interest in the game beyond a few die hards in each age group. Fear is working on that - hence the first step in his plan was achieved by getting 2 boys into GPS U16's: this demonstrates to the other boys that it can be done. It would have been nice for Gorry to make GPS opens for the same reasons: at 6' 5'' and still growing Gorry has potential beyond school.
Just like Cam Crawford.
where are the sonsof Old Sydneians being educated? What about the boys that come through from St Ives and Mosman Prep? Arent' they and their parents 'rugby types'

Status
Not open for further replies.