• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unders Line

I also hear there was a fair bit of biff in the 15As: justifiable red cards missed because no touchies.
Is there usually so much feeling between NC and SIC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was no "biff" in the 15As game, no justifiable red cars. Just an extremely competitive game. No 13 from New did lose his cool, but it could have been caused by the tension caused by the tight scoreline

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The coaches are well within their rights to vent their frustration at an unjust call. It happens from both sides every game, and definitely shouldn't be seen as the instigator or catalyst to a boy copping a beating at the end of the match.
No they're not, it is specfically contrary to the GPS code of conduct.

And I'm afraid that coaches venting their frustration does contribute to the behaviour of boys on the field.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There was no "biff" in the 15As game, no justifiable red cars. Just an extremely competitive game. No 13 from New did lose his cool, but it could have been caused by the tension caused by the tight scoreline
My source was a view parent who thought view should have received the cards. And the 13 was specifically mentioned as having received some late attention that caused him to get upset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
No they're not, it is specfically contrary to the GPS code of conduct.

And I'm afraid that coaches venting their frustration does contribute to the behaviour of boys on the field.

Agree completely with this, whilst there has always been the occasional fight, someone losing their cool, send offs etc as well as the odd idiot spectator since the beginning time.

I must admit I have never seen official coaches openly abuse refs or other players in front of boys from any school. The occasional coach has questioned the ref at oranges but always quietly out of earshot and not in a confrontational manner.

Coaches entering the field uninvited is totally unacceptable. Entering under the justification 'to protect players' to me implies that it is then acceptable for them to physically involve themselves and manhandle players. This would escalate the situation without doubt.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I was watching the game from a top of Newington's beautiful hill today and what i saw in the 2nds game disgusted me. A riverview boy put a hit on the Newington player and as soon as the Newington boy got up (won't say name as just a kid and kids make mistakes) he started laying into the helpless boy on the ground. Then what came next was embarrassing 3 Newington boys came in and started swinging at this defenceless riverview boy on the ground. Then as you said players from both teams came in and there was some argy bargy. Two red cards one each and as i saw it for the game to be canned was a fair call. The coaches from view came to the aid of their players and were pulling players apart in no way aggressive just restraining what was now completely out of control. I thought the ref handled it extremely well with such a ridiculous altercation that had arisen.

Also the Newington boys had been filthy all day with two yellow cards already having been given out for foul play. It was a pity because it was such a great game.

I would have to say congratulations to the boys from both sides who showed cool heads and split up the fight especially i noticed number 5 from View (i think captain) and the two big islander boys number 1 and 2 from Newington.
Newington has a beautiful hill??? Where??? Lindfield????

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
OK - having lobbed the hand grenade at post #2935 I will take on board all the considered comments in the 60 or 70 posts since and comment later when I have had a chance to digest all the input!

BTW - I find it a little perplexing that there has been so little comment on the 1st XV game and indeed the other games involving the other protaganists!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
BTW - I find it a little perplexing that there has been so little comment on the 1st XV game and indeed the other games involving the other protagonists!

Good point - here is my attempt.

Regrettably I didn't get much out of the 1sts game at Stanmore. New were always in control and it seemed just a question of how far they pressed the accelerator as to what happened.

Milne is not a fullback and Moeroa desperately needs to learn how to set up his outside man before he gets into contact: having a stock pass out of the back of the hand has a very limited life expectancy in this code - until about the HSC would be my forecast!
Lussick was pretty bloody good and some of the skills he has which are vital for union (long pass and huge box kick) will be wasted in league. I thought Vassilis read the game well but I don't mean to suggest that the New pigs were other than all good.

Probably too much defensive pressure in the SIC backs to draw many conclusions. I'm sceptical of a 10/12 switch off you're own line out ball - particularly tap ball - as there's inevitably going to be a backrower in 12's face and yet this was called 3 or 4 times.
The rest of the time there was too much cross field running - defensive pressure on the inside shoulder? This also saw the SIC 10 only really take on the line once - which led to a half break, when his opposite had drifted just a little too early, which I'll give McGregor credit for spotting and exploiting: he needs to eb threatening to do that more in order to hold up the drifting defence.
SIC's defence in the outside backs (although McKay made a very good tackle on Moeroa which saved a long incursion into the New backfield)) looked suspect and there were a few New runs through the edge of the forwards.
Very impressed with SIC's fullback under the high ball.

I suspect NC would not be entirely happy with the scoreline, but as we often say they'll take the points.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Inside Shoulder

Edited

The reality for View is that when you play one of the top 2 sides ( and they are miles ahead ) you just have to get the basics right. Riverview failed to win at least 6 of their own line outs in attacking positions in the first half. That ends up meaning they have to make probably another 50-60 tackles, on top of giving up great attacking possibilities. You just can't be competitive when you don't execute your own plays properly. In the end they were worn down by the sheer size they were up against. On the positive side for View when their 8 got smashed, by a totally legitimate tackle ( easily the best hit this year) their forwards fired up, got some front foot ball, and the 10 executed a coupe of great balls wide for them to score. I think it was 2 tries each in the second half, so a much better effort by them in the second period.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Clearly Grammar's age group sides were mismatched against Newington Cs. Scores like that are no good for anyone (and I know that Grammar have been on the receiving end - they'll know how it feels)

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Milne is not a fullback and Moeroa desperately needs to learn how to set up his outside man before he gets into contact: having a stock pass out of the back of the hand has a very limited life expectancy in this code - until about the HSC would be my forecast!
Lussick was pretty bloody good and some of the skills he has which are vital for union (long pass and huge box kick) will be wasted in league. I thought Vassilis read the game well but I don't mean to suggest that the New pigs were other than all good.

I suspect NC would not be entirely happy with the scoreline, but as we often say they'll take the points.

I think you have got it completely right on the New side of things, but I think they may have shifted Milne to fullback to stop him being sent off for a shoulder charge every game. Tepai did look lost without his partner in crime outside him all the time, but with that in mind, the times they did combine were the times New scored. Lussick had a brilliant game and I have no doubt he will push for a promotion from schoolboy A's to the main team if he keeps improving, even his goalkicking is more solid. The New forwards did struggle to get some go forward sometimes but Mill and Fifita also helped get some go forward when Iggies put the pressure on. Once again New was under performing. I think we might see the bear back up maybe for sepesa next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom