• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
Great day for Joeys winning all opens games. Congratulations to Scots and Kings for their wins in the top two grades.

Can anyone finish off this 1st-3rd list for the season:

1sts
Scots
View
Joeys

2nds
Kings
Joeys
Shore

3rds
Grammar, TAS, Scots

16As
Newington
Kings
Joeys

15As
Joeys
View
Shore

14As
Kings?
Joeys
?

13As
Joeys
View
?

Thanks IS. Does anyone know the result of the 3rds Scots vs View game or was it called off today?

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Some of the tries from Joey's 3rds defeating Newington 69-0 at Hunters Hill yesterday. Check out the state of pitch after all the recent torrential rain, hardly a divot or mud patch in sight...quality

Ricey

Frank Row (1)
This is my 2nd season following this forum and I have enjoyed the discussion.

Some stats on Joey's Rugby at the end of the 2014 season.

42 Teams

Win rate - just over 80% for the season

Scored just over 18,000 points

Undefeated Teams eligible for a Pennant:

Opens: 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths, 8ths, 10ths, 11ths, 12ths
16B, 16C, 16D, 16E, 16F
15A, 15B, 15C, 15D, 15E
14A Joint winners (not eligible for a Pennant 1 loss), 14E, 14G
13A, 13B, 13D, 13E, 13F, 13G

The 13Gs won their last game 117-0 and scored 908 points for the season.

onthegreg

Frank Row (1)
congrats to the championship team that charge their spectators/parents $50 to sit in exclusive seating on their main building......... it's absolutely disgusting what this school has turned schoolboy rugby into

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
congrats to the championship team that charge their spectators/parents $50 to sit in exclusive seating on their main building... it's absolutely disgusting what this school has turned schoolboy rugby into

Slightly confused Greg........Do you not enjoy the free flowing 'attack from anywhere' style of rugby they play?
Personally I think it's a breathe of fresh air to see a team attack from anywhere and everywhere.
Some of the earlier matches in the dry were the best schoolboy rugby I've ever seen.
As for the exclusive seating greg.........the real rugby fans get a much better view close to the action down on the touchline for free so don't worry about it.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
This is my 2nd season following this forum and I have enjoyed the discussion.

Some stats on Joey's Rugby at the end of the 2014 season.

42 Teams

Win rate - just over 80% for the season

Scored just over 18,000 points

Undefeated Teams eligible for a Pennant:

Opens: 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths, 8ths, 10ths, 11ths, 12ths
16B, 16C, 16D, 16E, 16F
15A, 15B, 15C, 15D, 15E
14A Joint winners (not eligible for a Pennant 1 loss), 14E, 14G
13A, 13B, 13D, 13E, 13F, 13G

The 13Gs won their last game 117-0 and scored 908 points for the season.
Not sure about the 7th being undefeated
Think that was one of the only games shore won in first round

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not sure about the 7th being undefeated
Think that was one of the only games shore won in first round

Through other results with Shore losing to Kings they are eligible, as they are a year 12 team who went joint in their comp they will probably get one.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Good info random2 . To me confirms that gps rugby is alive and well

Joeys remains the powerhouse, kings despite the closure of boarding houses remains very competitive, riverview was unlucky not to upset in ones, and has some strong age groups, scots are stronger in 14s and 15s then results suggest and Blackburn needs to be credited as an excellent coach and big part of successful year.

Newington would easily be best in 14s if it wasn't for kids playing up and again some strong age groups . And 16s bodes well for next year

shore hanging in there . Grammar , tas and high , not going away

SDW, didn't New go through the 13As undefeated last year?

You may or may not know, but why would they play 14s up in the 15s and end up not finishing in the top 3 in either? Seems a strange way to run a rugby programme:confused:.

Wilkinson's Right Boot

Stan Wickham (3)
I wi
I thought it was pretty poor how the scots crowd went on at views line out time just in my opinion. There's rugby banter of course but abit far in my opinion

In almost every GPS game I've been to, both crowds have done that. I'd say it's part of the culture. Similar to everyone going silent for penalty and conversion attempts when, apart from Ireland, you don't find it often elsewhere such as at international and higher level games.

I also remember a point where the Scots crowd wasn't as loud as they had been and the View hooker beckoned for them to get louder. Of course the crowd would respond to that.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
The View hooker enjoyed himself immensely today yesterday, at one stage he walked up to the Scots hooker and wiped both his hands on the front of his opposite numbers jumper before a lineout ....... big smiles on both faces and absolutely hilarious to watch.
Congrats to Evan for his callup to Oz Schoolboys.

James Day

Stan Wickham (3)
I think riverview are not copping the credit they deserve. Yes scots have an undefeated premiership which is an amazing achievement. View were the far better team yesterday especially considering they were missing Henry Hutchinson. Their scrambling defence was again very good which kept them in the game. Thought they were unlucky not to score in the final stages of play with the ref ruling an offside from the charge down. View 12 scored an amazing try where he beat 4 or 5 players. All up though very good game! Gps rugby lives on

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
A good finsh for Joeys as a school. 42 games of which 25 v Newington. Won all but 16A's and 13H's (who played New F's).
In other games, vs View, Grammar, Shore and High: Joeys won the lot.

40/42 Won.
Notably the 14F's beat the Shore F's 117-5...

Every week was similar with a handful of losses each Saturday with most of the non- A or B grade teams playing up 1 or 2 grades each week.

Well done Joeys Rugby.

I was the coach of that 13F's team that took down the joeys 13H's. My god what a game!

Status
Not open for further replies.