• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spirit of cupertino

TSC Saffer Tour Information:
Courtesy of School Rugby Tribune

Source: http://schoolstribune.com/scots-to-fly-aussie-flag-at-rsa-easter-festival-p1073-1.htm

TSC Games
THURSDAY 17 APRIL
15:30 Pretoria Boys High School vs Scots College (Australia)

SATURDAY 19 APRIL
13:30 St John’s College (Johannesburg) vs Scots College (Australia)

MONDAY 21 APRIL
11:30 Scots College (Australia) vs Jeppe High School for Boys

TSC def Pretoria Boys High in a very close encounter. Try scorers: Charlie Smith (1), Jake Prindiville (2), Angus Crichton

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
TSC def Pretoria Boys' High 24-14 and def St John's Jo'burg 42-14. They are down to play Jeppe High School for Boys today.

Jeppe have won 1 and lost 1.

Other undefeated teams after 2 matches:

Paarl Boys' High,
Hoërskool Waterkloof
Hoërskool Nelspruit

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
QH School info has it the other way around TSC 21 Jeppe 5 - not sure who is correct...................

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Regardless of the result of the final game, it sounds like the TSC safari to Africa has been a success. Having taken players on tours overseas, I'm sure that the boys who went will look back on the experience all their lives. For most of them, probably the rugby experience they'll remember ahead of all others.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
this only became relevant in 1978 when Rex Mossop suggested the team with the most points on the day would win. For some of the more traditional amongst us the score is not as significant as it's now made out to be when deciding the winner

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
"The most important thing in the Olympic Games(sport) is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." ;)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
May 17 St Augustines v Riverview trial might be worth a look

My money would be on St Augustines .... View might have a better chance with their athletes onboard

the view pack are pretty handy ... definitely rate Hosea Fotukava & Bowditch ... among others

... although View, will have their hands full with the likes of Aisea

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-boppa-schoolboy/story-fngr8iii-1226861460483

interesting that Aisea was only recently at Balgowlah Boys High School

http://www.nswschoolsrugby.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=194606

although good on him

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
May 17 St Augustines v Riverview trial might be worth a look

My money would be on St Augustines .. View might have a better chance with their athletes onboard

the view pack are pretty handy . definitely rate Hosea Fotukava & Bowditch . among others

. although View, will have their hands full with the likes of Aisea

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-boppa-schoolboy/story-fngr8iii-1226861460483

interesting that Aisea was only recently at Balgowlah Boys High School

http://www.nswschoolsrugby.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=194606

although good on him

It's going to be a great match, that's for sure. I am 95% sure Riverview will have its athletes back, which is a welcomed manoeuvre, but don't quote me on that, as my mathematical abilities are limited.

I don't know a lot about the St. Augustine's team, like many I am familiar with a few well known individuals, but on balance I would say Riverview has a superior team on paper, and the recent trial form of the players most likely to be in the starting XV for this game has been excellent, in my opinion.

I've seen the footage Augustine's compiled from their game against Waverley, and I must concede they looked impressive, however, I am interested to know whether or not Augustine's have had any other trials yet, and if so, what the feedback is from people who've seen games. This Aisea bloke certainly looks, and I can't wait to see him pack against Hosea, a clash which will be a microcosmic representation of the excellent battle we are sure to see at Riverview in a few weeks time.

I'm looking forward to it.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
In regards to St Augustine's, as an ISA supporter as such I'm really looking forwardto seeing how the view Auggies match goes. They are obviously both very skillful teams and it will be a tight affair I feel.mhowever from what I have noticed Augustine's always go to to the next level for the big games and this will almost be their biggest game of the season. To put into perspective last year they flogged Oakhill 70 odd nil in the ISA decider, yet beat Pius underwhelmingy by 30ish. No doubt they will get up for this game though.

They, evidently, didn't get to the next level when they played Riverview last year, I don't recall it being particularly close.

Any news on St. Augustine's trial form? They are getting almost as hyped up as the Riverview side, and the proliferation of ISA supports on this thread is ample evidence of this!

H

harrysboy

Riverview are firming as hot favourites for the GPS Premiership, including 43.4% of the votes on this site. Surely though Scots should also be getting more of the votes after their 2013 season and the number of boys backing up?!?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Riverview are firming as hot favourites for the GPS Premiership, including 43.4% of the votes on this site. Surely though Scots should also be getting more of the votes after their 2013 season and the number of boys backing up?!?

You'd think so - but Scots supporters don't come around here as much as they used to

rugbyfanatic123

Stan Wickham (3)
A quick question to the Joeys supporters, in regards to this coming weeks fixtures with St Pats, do you know if the teams are been matched ie 1st v 1sts or will it be aligned to ensure a more competitive match. I know last year that St Pats 1sts played Joeys 3rds due to well timed byes. Needless to say that St Pats will get towelled up if it is a straight match.

In regards to St Augustine's, as an ISA supporter as such I'm really looking forwardto seeing how the view Auggies match goes. They are obviously both very skillful teams and it will be a tight affair I feel.mhowever from what I have noticed Augustine's always go to to the next level for the big games and this will almost be their biggest game of the season. To put into perspective last year they flogged Oakhill 70 odd nil in the ISA decider, yet beat Pius underwhelmingy by 30ish. No doubt they will get up for this game though.

By the looks of things it looks like it will be a straight 1sts v 1sts match. Any team lists for Joeys available at the minute?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Can anyone confirm or refute the report that Kings will have more soccer teams/players than rugby teams/players this year for the 1st time ever?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can anyone confirm or refute the report that Kings will have more soccer teams/players than rugby teams/players this year for the 1st time ever?
No but I can tell you that I was told 3 years ago that the SJC year 7 of that year had more soccer players than rugby: that would be this years u16s-any chance it's true?

Status
Not open for further replies.