• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Perhaps the boys from Riverview have voted themselves on the poll to convey their supposed dominance?

They obviously have strong links on this website, WTG with his brother (can confirm) and aka_the_think with his debating enthusiasm and his ability to make sure everyone knows that he is a smart little kid.

Let's hold off the personal comments as they are ruining this forum. Aka, cast your mind back to a previous conversation you and i had, pin.

Back to the rugby, Riverview are going to Bathurst, what are other schools doing? View should get the win with an understrength team however they still have top level players such as Freeman, Peterson, Reneker and Minke (spelling?). Should get up by 10+

Any other trials?

H

harrysboy

Perhaps the boys from Riverview have voted themselves on the poll to convey their supposed dominance?

They obviously have strong links on this website, WTG with his brother (can confirm) and aka_the_think with his debating enthusiasm and his ability to make sure everyone knows that he is a smart little kid.

Let's hold off the personal comments as they are ruining this forum. Aka, cast your mind back to a previous conversation you and i had, pin.

Back to the rugby, Riverview are going to Bathurst, what are other schools doing? View should get the win with an understrength team however they still have top level players such as Freeman, Peterson, Reneker and Minke (spelling?). Should get up by 10+

Any other trials?

I note that Newington are hosting games against Oakhill. It will be interesting to see the 1st XV result given that Newington will have some of their better known players out because of Athletics.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Any other trials?

Thanks for that, im curious to here about this Reneker player, i've seen his name mentioned a few times now and it surprises me that i haven't heard anything about him.

Also random2 reckon you could give us an in depth analysis of this joeys side taking on St. Pats?

Peter Patrol

Frank Row (1)
Thanks for that, im curious to here about this Reneker player, i've seen his name mentioned a few times now and it surprises me that i haven't heard anything about him.

Also random2 reckon you could give us an in depth analysis of this joeys side taking on St. Pats?

Yeah I have to agree with you here, this Reneker know one has ever heard of, maybe it is just a personal joke between him and his mates? Riverview GPS seems to be too packed and i dont see a spot for him anywhere.

Look i think the joeys team will be a bit of a surprise package, with plunkett (spelling?) starting in the front row? Any confirmations on this? ALso they seem to have a strong backline, with their outside backs having some serious speed.

Back to the riverview boys, I am curious to see what they do with their forward pack when aths boys return. One position im looking out for in 8. I hear they dont really have many options in the position, and that will possibly be their weakness in the very big forward pack. Jack Minke (spelling?) seems to be a player with some big backers, im interested to see where he fits into the forward pack as well.

What about kings and new? who are they playing this week?

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah I have to agree with you here, this Reneker know one has ever heard of, maybe it is just a personal joke between him and his mates? Riverview GPS seems to be too packed and i dont see a spot for him anywhere.

School must be back - I think you need to get more info about this years Riverview side. I have good informants about these players, in particular Reneker and Minke (spelling?).

Please continue to offer your opinions however attempt to do so in a less confrontational way.

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
You seem to be misunderstanding the point of everything that I have said. I have never said that Riverview would not or could not win this year, I have merely expressed surprise at the survey figures which show that they have received 43.8% compared to 12.5% for the next school. I don't believe that this is an accurate reflection of how close the competition will be.

Interesting that you choose to dismiss 2013 facts which tend to disprove your theories, while embracing history which suits your argument.

Newington have certainly lost a big part of their team, I'm not sure that you could say the same about Scots, who also performed very strongly in 2nds, 3rds and 16As. I was talking to a Riverview parent recently and he has strong doubts about whether they will be able to beat Scots.
Absolutely, how people are underestimating the scots side in 2014 is beyond me. Always going to be tough to beat at bellevue hill..

Peter Patrol

Frank Row (1)
School must be back - I think you need to get more info about this years Riverview side. I have good informants about these players, in particular Reneker and Minke (spelling?).

Please continue to offer your opinions however attempt to do so in a less confrontational way.

As seen from above posts, your the one who is still in school. Being a graduate a few years back, i have seen in my time many people like you. Wh think its funny to talk someone up who has no particular talent at all just for a laugh. Now you seem like you know your stuff about Riverview, but please do not bring up this reneker fella anymore, because its a waste of our time

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
As seen from above posts, your the one who is still in school. Being a graduate a few years back, i have seen in my time many people like you. Wh think its funny to talk someone up who has no particular talent at all just for a laugh. Now you seem like you know your stuff about Riverview, but please do not bring up this reneker fella anymore, because its a waste of our time

Mate, like I said in ISA the things I choose to write are of my opinion and I am happy to discuss your differing views in a non-aggressive manner. You won't impress anyone around here by writing offensive replies such as the one you just did.

As I said I have been involved in GPS rugby for a number of years and I believe my information is rather credible, especially with the likes of Minke (spelling?), Reneker and Rudd.

Now for the boys sake can we not start an argument about these kids as the pressure that is heaped on them is far too much already. It would be difficult for the kids and their families to see slanderous things written about them online.

Also, Rudd and Peterson have switched in the 2nd row for View, Rudd to 5 and Peterson to 4

Peter Patrol

Frank Row (1)
Mate, like I said in ISA the things I choose to write are of my opinion and I am happy to discuss your differing views in a non-aggressive manner. You won't impress anyone around here by writing offensive replies such as the one you just did.

As I said I have been involved in GPS rugby for a number of years and I believe my information is rather credible, especially with the likes of Minke (spelling?), Reneker and Rudd.

Now for the boys sake can we not start an argument about these kids as the pressure that is heaped on them is far too much already. It would be difficult for the kids and their families to see slanderous things written about them online.

Also, Rudd and Peterson have switched in the 2nd row for View, Rudd to 5 and Peterson to 4

Like i said you do have some insightful opinions which i well and truly believe. But the only problem i have is this Reneker fella. Ive seen the team lists for stannies trials this weekend. And from what i see Reneker is in the 11ths? can i confirm?

So please lets move on away from this aggressive manner.

Yes i am liking the looks of rudd and peterson in 2 row. Should provide a great combination.

Just a quick inquiry on scots, how is crighton (spelling?) now we all know what he is capable of, but was riddled by injury last year. Whats his form looking like so far?

One last thing, joeys, i hear they have a few contenders for the 10 jersey, any word on it?

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Potential GPS 1's sides anybody? Here's my crack

1. Vunipola ? (Newington, unsure of name)
2. Matt Serhon (New - not sure if finished school)/Jono Burke (Kings)
3. Mitch Howden (View)
4. Koim Wingti (Joeys)
5. Toby Rudolf (Scots)
6. Jack Minke (View)
7. Charles Redden (View)
8. Angus Crighton (Scots)
9. Harry Emery (Shore)
10. Will McDonell/Connor O'Shea (both Joeys)
11. Latrell ? (Joeys)
12. T. Collins (unsure what school - great unders lines
13. Hutchison (View)
14. James Kane (Kings)
15. Simon Kennewell (New)

footytime

Stan Wickham (3)
It's extremely disappointing to hear about Paddy Olver, he's a very talented player, and therefore a huge loss to Shore, and one of the GPS representative sides by extension.
It seems that a lot of people have predicated their scepticism of Riverview's success on the fact that last year's side wasn't particularly strong. I have a few responses to this. Firstly, they were strong, they came 3rd in a year where Newington and Scots were extremely strong - they still convincingly beat Joeys, Shore, and Kings (not the second time round mind you), and they were testing for New and Scots. Secondly, there seems to be a somewhat misplaced trend towards basing predictions about school's form on their previous year's 1st XV success. It is obviously worthwhile to consider that 12, I think, students in Riverview's 1st XV last year WEREN'T in Year 12. When you take that into consideration, and combine it with the fact that Riverview went well last year, it makes some of the hype justified. Lastly, the reason that people think this Riverview side is good isn't because they were absolutely outstanding last year, it's because they have been consistently strong, and have a lot of great individuals. Sure, Scots and Newington may have been the best sides last year, but, all things being equal, a comparison between the sides these teams are fielding for THIS YEAR'S and THIS YEAR'S Riverview side surely lends itself to the latter.
I have provided my reasons for why I think Riverview is the side to beat, and I am happy for people to disagree, and by arguing in favour of them I don't in anyway discredit the outstanding teams and individuals other schools have to offer. Hype inevitably develops from sort of perception that a team is strong - it is grounded in some sort of truth - they are a strong side, and all we can do now is speculate. It is entirely probable that claims made on this forum will be proven incorrect, but that's why we're speculating, not determining success. By its very nature a forum like this encourages that sort of sooth, so it is somewhat frivolous to complain that a team is "overhyped".

Riverview play Stannies this weekend in Bathurst, with every single athlete not allowed to play. The side that is playing looks radically different from every other side they have offered so far:
1. Alex Hamilton
2. Evan Pritchard
3. Alex Hancock
4. Jack Rudd
5. Beau Peterson
6. Jake Meincke
7. Lachlan Archer
8. Jack Hayson
9. Daniel Rorke
10. Lachlan Condon
11. Tom McBryde
12. Bill Freeman
13. Elliot Gehrig
14. Matt O'Brien
15. Louis Anderson
The week after is GPS Aths, so unfortunately there's no rugby, but the week after Riverview play Augustine's, in what is firming to be one of the most challenging matches of the season. Athletes from Riverview will be playing, so there are no excuses if they lose.

Yeah I heard that riverview 1st XV to be playing Stannies at Bathurst this weekend which by the looks of it should be a victory to view, but might not be a convincing victory cause of the athlete dilemma.

Though something that I find very bazzar is the fact that View 2nd XV will be playing Kinross 1st XV on Saturday in Bathurst at Stannies grounds. Now I dont have a team list but you'd think that the Athletics problem would dribble down to the 2nds aswell. Plus it was my understanding that Kinross usually have an edge over Stannies, but then they are put up against a 2nd grade side which just makes no sense to me.

The only possible explanation I can think of is it being a pride thing for Stannies, to play another 1st XV side on their home turf.
Really I think that the two teams should switch oppositions...

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
Like i said you do have some insightful opinions which i well and truly believe. But the only problem i have is this Reneker fella. Ive seen the team lists for stannies trials this weekend. And from what i see Reneker is in the 11ths? can i confirm?

So please lets move on away from this aggressive manner.

Yes i am liking the looks of rudd and peterson in 2 row. Should provide a great combination.

Just a quick inquiry on scots, how is crighton (spelling?) now we all know what he is capable of, but was riddled by injury last year. Whats his form looking like so far?

One last thing, joeys, i hear they have a few contenders for the 10 jersey, any word on it?
O'Shea looks like a likely favourite for the 10, has been looking good in training.

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
very surprised to see Condon in the 1XV side for the weekend despite many of the current players away on athletic duties. Hardly a capable 3rdXV player in 13", struggled immensely in the realms of defence and lacked any creativity when found with ball in hand. Expect clean jerseys for his outside men this weekend.

it is called a trial for a reason, to try players out to optimise their full potential. Condon performed quite well in his short time at half back for the 1sts in the final couple of trials last term so it will be interesting to see how he performs. You may be surprised though, he has potential

ilive4315

Frank Row (1)
it is called a trial for a reason, to try players out to optimise their full potential. Condon performed quite well in his short time at half back for the 1sts in the final couple of trials last term so it will be interesting to see how he performs. You may be surprised though, he has potential
i like the way u think, yet i also believe in that case, Riverview may aswell test the likes of Reneker and Collins in having a run at the highest level for that reason to test there potential (food for thought)

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
i like the way u think, yet i also believe in that case, Riverview may aswell test the likes of Reneker and Collins in having a run at the highest level for that reason to test there potential (food for thought)

Being a parent of boys at the school, it is always interesting to see some of the creative things boys come up with whilst they are 'studying'.

Outsidein

Frank Row (1)
Looking at the carnivals leading up to GPS on the 10th of May, it seems this years GPS teams will have some serious pace in the outside backs with likes of: Kennewell, Hutchinson, Mete, Yates, Kane, Connelly, Dowsett, McCutcheon who are all mostly running 11.2 secs (hand time) and under for their 100's. Interested to see who can use their pace in a game situation in combination with their size and skill.

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
Looking at the carnivals leading up to GPS on the 10th of May, it seems this years GPS teams will have some serious pace in the outside backs with likes of: Kennewell, Hutchinson, Mete, Yates, Kane, Connelly, Dowsett, McCutcheon who are all mostly running 11.2 secs (hand time) and under for their 100's. Interested to see who can use their pace in a game situation in combination with their size and skill.

i know there are quite a few of these boys who are expecting to run sub 11 seconds come the athletics carnival. These players speed contribute significantly to their individuals games especially the likes of Hutchinson. His pace and agility would have played a role in his selection the the schoolboys team last year

Outsidein

Frank Row (1)
Most of these boys are actually running sub 11, in particular Dowsett.
Both Dowsett and Hutchinson in the recent carnivals have been running sub 11. Both around 10.7-9 I believe. Hutchinson in particular, very quick. However, this will change once placed under electronic time. Regardless, an incredible speed, and especially useful when you have 2 attacking players that quick on the same team, eg: Dowsett and Connelly together, helpful ball chasers and runners.

L

Left right out

I would like to request an amendment to the poll, I personally believe Sydney Bpys have the greatest chance in this years competition. They have good boots this year, as everyone got heaps from their hongbaos

Outsidein

Frank Row (1)
Yes Outsidein I agree with you. If Mete is on the wing for view ball chasing will be interesting to watch.
Could be some hefty unexpected ball turnovers created from that and good momentum for lower rated teams such as SHORE. Where is Connelly be playing this year, will he be outside Dowsett? He missed all of
Last season, interested to see how he shapes up this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.