• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
After an impressive pre-season, Sam Horowitz continues to impress on and off the field. While only playing in the 2nds at the moment, I believe Sam has the potential to play in the Scots’ gold jersey at some point later in the year. Sam Horowitz is looking more and more like his brother everyday.

Is he a 5/8 too?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
After an impressive pre-season, Sam Horowitz continues to impress on and off the field. While only playing in the 2nds at the moment, I believe Sam has the potential to play in the Scots’ gold jersey at some point later in the year. Sam Horowitz is looking more and more like his brother everyday.
First things first, the young gentlemens name is HORWITZ.
And of course he is looking more and more like David... The same mum and dad will do that :)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
".....a lively halfback". Scrummies are only five-eighths who're yet to grow up. He'll be wearing his brother's hand-me-down jumpers before too long. ;)

Afternoon Tea

Frank Row (1)
After a short stint in early days playing for the representative team of Central West, Nick Duffy should not be written off as Joeys' power play halfback. I've done my research on him, and I expect him to at same point to debut in the 1sts team for Joeys. Well done.

he's already played 1sts, for the past 2 weeks. and he's put in some great performances. I'd rate him over Banjo Travers for the halfback spot in 1sts

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
GPS Match reports

I'm starting to panic because we don't have enough writers to cover GPS this year.

We've got View and Joeys games covered reasonably, but nobody from the other four teams.

Can folks please put their hands up to help out and send me a convo? You click on Inbox above and follow the yellow brick road.

If you are too shy for that write a post on the game like a match report in this thread so it can be lifted (with your permission).

Help

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Waverley and Cranbrook have sporting Facebook pages which have images we are permitted to use.

If people are aware of GPS schools who are so involved with Facebook, would they please provide a link?

Thank you

LG

PS - If anybody in Qld is reading this and can provide such a link for Qld schools please provide the link to "TheKing"

T

The Big Show

Anyone know who will be lining up at hooker for Scots? Max Mansfield, Chris Epakis, Will Adams and Jacob Sedgemen are names that have been tossed up to play the position. Max Mansfield sees himself as the likely suitor, as a string of formidable performances against strong opposition in South Africa have him in firm in the mind of coaches and teammates alike. I personally believe Jacob ‘Sledgehammer’ deserves the first go in the position, as he offers pace out wide and size inside.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone know who will be lining up at hooker for Scots? Max Mansfield, Chris Epakis, Will Adams and Jacob Sedgemen are names that have been tossed up to play the position. Max Mansfield sees himself as the likely suitor, as a string of formidable performances against strong opposition in South Africa have him in firm in the mind of coaches and teammates alike. I personally believe Jacob ‘Sledgehammer’ deserves the first go in the position, as he offers pace out wide and size inside.
Sledgehammer? Really? Talk it up or what? ;) ;) ;)

In saying that SEDGMAN will be the 1st XV hooker if uninjured. Best by a long shot at set piece whilst only coming to this position when he moved? down from the Central Coast. His pairing with Toby Rudolph have a more than mobile front row, probably not seen since Tom Robertson was at SJC with Matt Sandell.
Can scrum and is fast and able over the ball. If you check his stats, Jacob Sedgman would be the 2nd best/3rd best pilferer in scots. I know that a lot of other schools wished they had got him.

And Big show, if you are aiming for world domination, at least please please please please spell your minions names correctly?

Quade Mysterio

Frank Row (1)

Big Show you seem to be quite informed, then could i ask you to confirm nor deny the following statement. Someone told me not naming names but apparently samuel tabuatamata is doing pathways and will return this week.. cmon.. surely not

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm unsure, I have heard off a source the unknown Andrew Cameron from st Joseph's has been playing terrific rugby in 3s and has moved to the 2s for this week against scots, can anybody confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

The Big Show

Predictions:
Scots v Joeys: Game of the round. The question is, is Angus Crichton even better after an injury laden season last year? Scots are coming off some strong performances at home and overseas. I expect them to hold at bay a passionate Joeys outfit at home. Will be interesting to see how Scots lineup given the secrecy which has surrounded their selection process. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some changes out of left field. It will be a learning experience for the men in pink. Scots by 10.
Newington v Shore: I would describe Shore as the 'underdogs' of the competition - everyone is riding them off, including myself. So that is why I am tipping Newington by 8. Stick to rowing Shore.

Riverview v Kings: Ah, Riverview, where to begin really? They shape up as tournament favourites, and I think this week we will see why this is the case. If Kings have any chance, they will have to really grind it out. While Kings will show a lot of heart, Riverview will be too strong. Look for Henry Hutchinson's famous 'two step'. Riverview by 15+​

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Predictions :

The Joeys boys will upset Scots by 5 points - big improvements in team cohesion from Oakhill to Newington game;
Newington over Shore - just on size and speed out wide
Kings will upset Riverview - just because

Someone has to go against the trend….

Doona

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st XV for the weekend
1. Fergus Bragg
2. Olly Stump
3. Lawson Muir
4. Rory Suttor
5. Jack Preece
6. James Doyle
7. Jum Wooohil
8 Henry Wrench
9. Simon Litchfield
10. Dom Naylor
11. Matt Dowsett
12. Charlie King
13. Harry Kemball
14. Nathan Corbett
15. Jock Armstrong

How many of the Shore 1st XV are returning from last year.
They showed some interesting signs last year and impressed with the ticker they showed against some bigger sides.

From the team posted above 6 were in the 1st XV last year
Emery was off the bench playing 1/2 due to being sick
Notable omission Olver and Lucus are out due to injury
Shore team for the Newington game should be at least 7 players from last year 1st XV. So plenty of experience at this level

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
New Posters.

Leave the school yard rumours to other forms of social media.

If you haven't learned by now, there is ZERO TOLERANCE to that here.

If a post LOOKS like it is a dodgy rumour, talking up a mate, or a piss take of a student, then it will be deleted.

This is NOT a democracy. No correspondence will be entered into.

Do not feed the trolls.

The Moderators.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predictions:
Scots v Joeys: Game of the round. The question is, is Angus Crichton even better after an injury laden season last year? Scots are coming off some strong performances at home and overseas. I expect them to hold at bay a passionate Joeys outfit at home. Will be interesting to see how Scots lineup given the secrecy which has surrounded their selection process. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some changes out of left field. It will be a learning experience for the men in pink. Scots by 10.
Newington v Shore: I would describe Shore as the 'underdogs' of the competition - everyone is riding them off, including myself. So that is why I am tipping Newington by 8. Stick to rowing Shore.​
Riverview v Kings: Ah, Riverview, where to begin really? They shape up as tournament favourites, and I think this week we will see why this is the case. If Kings have any chance, they will have to really grind it out. While Kings will show a lot of heart, Riverview will be too strong. Look for Henry Hutchinson's famous 'two step'. Riverview by 15+​

I wouldn't count Shore out, they showed some great patches of running rugby in their win over Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.