• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vindíctam

Nice refurbished scoreboard opened today. Joeys have lost 2 games today.
tedaha5y.jpg

blastblastbronco

Frank Nicholson (4)
is anyone aware if Grammar's participation in the 3rds competition effects potential GPS selection? From what I saw today the 6,8,10,11,12 all stand decent chances, as would the seconds 3 and 10.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Only able to watch the first 30 minutes of scots v kings game, and they were already up 24 nil in convincing fashion

Number 10 Callum styles was gone with a shoulder injury, within first few minutes of game

Crichton was at outside centre and between him and the massive number 14, hendrie, that right edge is lethal for scots

The left wing was noticeably less formidable

Scots have probably the smallest number 8 in charlie smith, but he made up for the lack of size with great speed and skill

The half back theo strang was very zippy

Kings definitely looked outclassed although courageous without I believe their star, Kane?

Scots front row also looked good ... Although kings front row and back row were playing ok too

Think scots going to be hard to beat, despite styles injury

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
View 25 beat New 10, in what I think was a pretty ordinary game. View were definitely not that impressive and won simply because New played like a headless rabble.
The first 10 mins were not too bad with New showing some structure but then that fell apart. The big difference were at least View played as a team, but I would not be putting too much on them to win the comp yet.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Only able to watch the first 30 minutes of scots v kings game, and they were already up 24 nil in convincing fashion

Number 10 Callum styles was gone with a shoulder injury, within first few minutes of game

Crichton was at outside centre and between him and the massive number 14, hendrie, that right edge is lethal for scots

The left wing was noticeably less formidable

Scots have probably the smallest number 8 in charlie smith, but he made up for the lack of size with great speed and skill

The half back theo strang was very zippy

Kings definitely looked outclassed although courageous without I believe their star, Kane?

Scots front row also looked good . Although kings front row and back row were playing ok too

Think scots going to be hard to beat, despite styles injury
Styles popped his shoulder in the game against Joeys two weeks ago, so I was surprised that he was back so early. Clearly he was not right. The school holiday break will help, but won't be surprised if he is out for at least the next two rounds in term three.

F

fireball

Joeys may be warming into the season. I wouldn't say the firsts win was that impressive too much dropped ball and some flimsy defence at times but there were some positive signs. What they do have is depth the seconds are very strong and to be honest some of the boys are better than the players above them. 4 7,8,9 and 11 must be putting some real pressure on for a start. As the season goes on and injuries play a role joeys may just stake a claim.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Solid win for Joeys who got off the a great start leadinf 17-0 after 15 minutes. Shore fought back but in the end Joeys put it away late 34-19. Strong performances from Horton, Duffy, O'Shea, McCutcheon, McDonnell and Wright. From Shore Woodhill, Emery and the 6 looked good. Joeys fullback Tom Wright put in his contender for Try of the Year with a blistering 60m effort, burning half the Shore backline. Joeys 2s and 3s also had strong wins and look very very good. With that here is my tip for the GPS 1s side:

1. Fifita (Newington)
2. Serhorn (Newington)
3. Horton (Joeys)
4. Peterson (View)
5. Rudolph (Scots)
6. Hayson (View)
7. Woodhill (Shore)
8. Crichton (Scots)
9. Duffy (Joeys)
10. McGregor (View) or O'Shea (Joeys)
11. Hendrie (Scots)
12. Freeman (View) or McDonnell (Joeys)
13. Hutchinson (View)
14. Sepesa (Newington)
15. Porter (Scots)

Assuming that Kane and Lehmann are both injured from Kings and the news from today that Kennewell (Newington) Condon (View) and Stiles (Scots) are all out.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Joeys very good in the backs in both the Ones and the Twos but the Ones forwards weren't so good against the pick and goes, and mauls.

The Shore Ones were well-drilled in those departments but neither their Ones or Twos had the flair in their backs to build on what their forwards did.

Agree with the assessment of random2 about the try of Wright I hope they put it on You Tube so everybody can see it—Campese-like.

We saw him do the same kind of thing in the U16s last year and here he goes again.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
View 25 beat New 10, in what I think was a pretty ordinary game. View were definitely not that impressive and won simply because New played like a headless rabble.
The first 10 mins were not too bad with New showing some structure but then that fell apart. The big difference were at least View played as a team, but I would not be putting too much on them to win the comp yet.

Riverview won the game through linebreaks in the back line and good co-ordination through the outside backs, Newington's points came from a strong forward pack

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Riverview won the game through linebreaks in the back line and good co-ordination through the outside backs, Newington's points came from a strong forward pack

Views backs were far superior, especially in structure and shape to the New backs, it was Views ability to capitalise on crap defense that allowed them to make the breaks and their execution when doing so. While they were 10x better in than New I was still not that impressed. The odd moment when New did have a decent defensive structure in the backs the View backs were shut down.

There was more than one occasion that New should have scored through the backs, but the because of the quite obvious lack of being a "team" they did not score.

Status
Not open for further replies.