• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Shore and joeys next week will be very telling. Joeys have dropped a couple of forwards and several backs are on notice to shape up. The 15,14 and 11 just didn't aim up in defence against scots and shore will no doubt aim a lot of attack their way. The result could well define the season for both sides.

I think it's fair to say that Shore won't provide the same level of opposition that Scots did last week. It will be very interesting to see how these two schools compare.

F

fireball

No shore won't be the team scots was but joeys fancied themselves a bit this year and this will test whether the scots loss was just a bad day or if there are deeper issues, I think if you look across joeys 1s, 2s and 3s there is a potentially strong 15 but they haven't settled on their best combination yet. As for shore I suspect they are better than the last result showed as well. There won't be a lot between them.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Is @GPS Row your youngest @Wreckless?

How quickly you move on when the young'uns leave school/junior footy.

June Long Weekend is NSW JRU State Champs. Colts and Grade play. No School Footy -ever.

Thanks HJ - "my bad" as they say in the classics!!!

Yes - With GPSrow migrating from New to Gordon I am done & dusted with active participation in the schoolboys scene - so apologies for my ignorance! Probably the relief from the fees has gone to my head and addled my mind!!!;)

There is another one - I've referred to him as "Careless" or "Gormless" I believe but he's a bit of an enigma! Playing colts but not at Gordon - makes for interesting family get together's!

BTW - my work has taken me to the dark side - I'm living in NZ and overdosing on the glut of coverage for our game here! Junior RWC has been outstanding!!!

Cheers, Wruckluss :)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thanks HJ - "my bad" as they say in the classics!!!

Yes - With GPSrow migrating from New to Gordon I am done & dusted with active participation in the schoolboys scene - so apologies for my ignorance! Probably the relief from the fees has gone to my head and addled my mind!!!;)

There is another one - I've referred to him as "Careless" or "Gormless" I believe but he's a bit of an enigma! Playing colts but not at Gordon - makes for interesting family get together's!

BTW - my work has taken me to the dark side - I'm living in NZ and overdosing on the glut of coverage for our game here! Junior RWC has been outstanding!!!

Cheers, Wruckluss :)

No schools this week with Queens Birthday long weekend.

Next week
Joeys v Shore
Kings v Scots
New v View

Full draw at http://www.aagps.nsw.edu.au/

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
My predictions for this weekend:
Joeys vs shore- extremely tight game as these two teams seem to be very similar(shore to win by 5)
Kings vs scots- scots being too strong for kings(scots winning 30+)
New vs view- another tough game with both teams coming off big wins but I think view will out do new(view to win 15+)

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
When are the GPS teams picked?

"Combined GPS Rugby Teams will be selected on the evening of Saturday 14th June 2014.
Teams will be posted on the website and in the Sunday morning papers.
Selectors will also phone the schools to inform them of representation details on Saturday evening."
taken from the aagps website

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
On Tuesday 17 June:
GPS Whites v GPS Blues 12.45pm
GPS 2 v CAS 2 2pm
GPS 1 v CAS 1 3.15pm
To be played on Scots College Main oval.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
S
Well said. No school will ever have a 1st XV that is made up of (insert year) Year 7 intake. Country kids often arrive in the later years 9-11 because the fees are so expensive thats all they can afford to send them for.
Sorry bud but I think you'll find your wrong. Shore has a strict waiting list and 99% of the boys in year 12 started in year 7. The only reason why they wouldn't have start in year 7 is if someone left and a place became available. For both boarding and the day school system this exists. It is becoming harder and harder to get in.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
S
Sorry bud but I think you'll find your wrong. Shore has a strict waiting list and 99% of the boys in year 12 started in year 7. The only reason why they wouldn't have start in year 7 is if someone left and a place became available. For both boarding and the day school system this exists. It is becoming harder and harder to get in.
It is well known that Shore are blessed with an over supply of parents wanting their children to enrol, however this is not the case with other schools. I think Shore are the exception to the rule. I also know, if you are interested in boarding at Shore, then it is relatively easier to get your child in. A relative of mine from overseas with two boys were told this by someone at Shore. The overall premise of the previous discussion was that for a lot of schools, they have kids joining a school in later years and that these kids are not necessarily "imports" in the ordinary sense.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
It is well known that Shore are blessed with an over supply of parents wanting their children to enrol, however this is not the case with other schools. I think Shore are the exception to the rule. I also know, if you are interested in boarding at Shore, then it is relatively easier to get your child in. A relative of mine from overseas with two boys were told this by someone at Shore. The overall premise of the previous discussion was that for a lot of schools, they have kids joining a school in later years and that these kids are not necessarily "imports" in the ordinary sense.
Opps just realised that this best be discussed on the other thread....sorry!

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
My predictions for this weekend:
Joeys vs shore- extremely tight game as these two teams seem to be very similar(shore to win by 5)
I reckon this will be the game of the round. Shore has played a very disciplined brand of rugby and has shown a big heart, but their lack of size has counted against them, particularly in the back half of the game. Earlier in this thread gps_selector mentioned some injuries for Shore, but has the two week break been enough time to get those injuries sorted? Joeys have yet to settle on their team, have made a couple of changes and will be stinging from the shellacking Scots inflicted on them in the 1st round. My heart is Shore by 5, but my head tells me Joeys by 10 particularly as they have the home ground advantage and more rain is forecast for the weekend.

YNWA

Frank Row (1)
Can someone explain to me how the 3rd XV is drawn? Because why is it the case that some schools like Grammar have 3 home and 5 away games where as schools like Kings have 5 home and 3 away? Shouldn't it be a simple 4 home/4 away split?

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Can someone explain to me how the 3rd XV is drawn? Because why is it the case that some schools like Grammar have 3 home and 5 away games where as schools like Kings have 5 home and 3 away? Shouldn't it be a simple 4 home/4 away split?
No idea. Sporting field availability may be?

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Because Kings are playing Firsts and Seconds and it fits 'beterrer'.

moneyball

Bob McCowan (2)

In fact i think you will find that Shore has a boy playing in the 1st XV this year who has started in year 10. In addition the 2nd XV has a boy who arrived in year 11. I know of others who have started in year 10 as boarders and live in Sydney. Shore better hope they don't all play 1st XV at the same time or we will be talking about it in the other thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.