• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
of course its illegal - thats why you get marched 10, or carded if you do it twice

What happens when the ballboy won't give the opposition player the ball after a penalty has been awarded and has to be directed by the linesman to relinquish the pill. Can we give them 10 as well?
It was actually quite funny to watch.

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
I like this little bit of levity on this site its been pretty serious for the last week.In one way it has been good because everywhere people have been talking rugby.
That ball boy is probably going to go places.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What happens when the ballboy won't give the opposition player the ball after a penalty has been awarded and has to be directed by the linesman to relinquish the pill. Can we give them 10 as well?
It was actually quite funny to watch.

Many moons ago the league ball boys were trained to stuff the visitors around which is why they had (I don't know if they still have) a rule that the ball had to be placed on the touchline opposite the place where the tap was to be taken.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Many moons ago the league ball boys were trained to stuff the visitors around which is why they had (I don't know if they still have) a rule that the ball had to be placed on the touchline opposite the place where the tap was to be taken.

Still the rule. The devious little characters used to pass the ball to their own team and thus enable a quick tap restart, and dither as much as possible to delay the opposition.

IIRC a couple of years ago and English soccer player was criticised for grabbing an opposition ball boy who tried to hide the ball.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Still the rule. The devious little characters used to pass the ball to their own team and thus enable a quick tap restart, and dither as much as possible to delay the opposition.

IIRC a couple of years ago and English soccer player was criticised for grabbing an opposition ball boy who tried to hide the ball.

He was. And guess what?
The ball boy took a dive.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
He's one tough kid!
I dunno if its being tough or stupid? Scots physio even came on after this, and anyone with a right brain would have known he was in all sorts. Serious brain damage could have occurred after the game or even during it. Going by the concussion rule, you are supposed to have a week off, i bet you he wont.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I dunno if its being tough or stupid? Scots physio even came on after this, and anyone with a right brain would have known he was in all sorts. Serious brain damage could have occurred after the game or even during it. Going by the concussion rule, you are supposed to have a week off, i bet you he wont.
Big Man? Paul whomever??? Rob Hart??? You guys seem to know. Any Neuro's out there???

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Another factor,
at exactly 32.16 you see the Riverview 12 (Joe Stagemen) being bitten by the Scots 12 (Angus Chrichton) if an official complaint is made by the school regarding the offence, Angus will receive a 1-2 match ban as this happened to a Riverview player Mitch Whitely a few years ago against Joeys. Angus may have some talking to do, that is not acceptable in this day en age, reminds me of two year olds crying and Louis Saurez more recently.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I have to admit to feeling sorry for the Scots First XV.... Gale force tail winds, hyperbaric chambers, scholarships stacking , altitude training, supplements program's, playing against 14 men oppositions, bad refereeing, Gastro epidemics..... Rabid, foaming mouthed harping from both Scots supports and detractors..... And the winner is???!

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
With all we know about concussion these day, this is crazy.

Concussion guidelines in regards of returning to play:

GRADUATED RETURN TO PLAY

All players diagnosed with a concussion must go through a graduated return to play (GRTP) program.

The IRB acknowledges, as per Zurich 2012, that younger athletes who sustain a concussion
should be managed more conservatively. The IRB recommends different minimum rest periods and different length GRTP stages for differing age groups - protecting our young athletes.

These recommendations are outlined the IRB Age Specific Concussion Return to Play
Protocols
U/6 - U/15 - Players 15 years and under
• Minimum rest period 2 weeks and symptom free
• GRTP to follow rest, with each stage lasting 48 hours
• Earliest return to play - Day 23 post injury

U/16 - U/19 - Players 16, 17 and 18 years of age
• Minimum rest period 1 week and symptom free
• GRTP to follow rest, with each stage lasting 24 hours
• Earliest return to play - Day 12 post injury
INTERNALRUGBYBOARD Puttingplayers
Adolescents and children 18 years and under, MUST NOT return to play without clearance from a medical practitioner or approved healthcare practitioner.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Another factor,
at exactly 32.16 you see the Riverview 12 (Joe Stagemen) being bitten by the Scots 12 (Angus Chrichton) if an official complaint is made by the school regarding the offence, Angus will receive a 1-2 match ban as this happened to a Riverview player Mitch Whitely a few years ago against Joeys. Angus may have some talking to do, that is not acceptable in this day en age, reminds me of two year olds crying and Louis Saurez more recently.

Big accusation to make from the video evidence 'Whose that guy'
Very hard to be sure from the distant grainy partially blocked footage that a bite took place.
Has Stagemen confirmed that he was bitten?
May add some substance to the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.