• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

factanonverba

Frank Row (1)
I need to raise another very serious issue.

COFFEE AT GROUNDS

This needs it's own category.

Last week at Scots The Black Witch Cafe did quite a reasonable job.

For your flat white with extra shot I score you a 7.5

Now Riverview.

Atrocious, absolute rubbish, undrinkable. God awful. Score 1.5

My advice would be to stop at that trendy Cafe on the way in.

I,d give it a 2...it has milk and optional sugar!

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
2015 AAGPS Rugby Coffee Review:

Summary of my coffee tasting notes from AAGPS season 2015

Kings: Earthy and unmistakably rural. The subtle undertones of Mallee bull co-mingled with essence of pheasant plucker give this premium blend an egalitarian quality. Pleasing to the palate and made from 100% genetically modified Brazilian Wax Beans this ultra-smooth blend romances the tongue, Barry White style?...

Newington: With no running water or coffee culture to speak of expectations for a blood pressure surging cup of caffeine were low. The coffee van which looked eerily like a mobile meth lab from Breaking Bad was parked 50 meters away from the food preparation area…..for good reason. I spilled most of the “coffee” down the front of my shirt as the respirator got in the way.

Ahhhh, Az. A revisionist historian of some note you may be, but a theologian and a modernist to boot, who'd figure?? (obviously not RM2!), mixing saucy 16th century activities (for the unannointed, see a couple of pages back...!), and with some up-to-date social-media webiscites??

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Re Joeys Coffee - The Kings forward pack might feel like that after Saturday - hope they don't wear their tutus. And I hope Lindommer doesn't choke on his sushi.

Another masterful effort Azzuri, the poet of Parramatta. New and View were right on the $$.

And the Joeys RMs are busy polishing the plastic trays and separating the doilies in anticipation of a favourable post match afternoon tea review. Hell hath no fury like a bad review….

@RM2..... .:cool: Hopefully the Joe boys will underestimate Kings and while their attention is diverted by your bewitching display of doily origami and the plastic plate concourse the Kingsmen will swoop in and claim the fatted calf.

I have no doubt the Joe Boy RM's will produce a feast fit for a Kingsman and look forward a drop or two of altar wine and a communion wafer at the post game soiree.

Major Rennie

Herbert Moran (7)
Looked at Shore v Scots results and found something interesting. Every A team from Scots won comprehensively yet Shore B sides did not lose one match.
Does this surprise anyone ? As a passive follower of rugby (rowing more my thing though dont hold that against me) this has me baffled. Like my maths and the probability of this is off the richter....

MR

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
assuming no stumbles, it looks like another shared title in 2015

that will mean over the last 10 years, there have been 5 shared titles, and the titles are split as follows:

Riverview 4
Newington 4
Scots 3
Joeys 2
Kings 2
Shore 1

so an amazing period of Joeys not dominating ... at least not in the 1st XV

I thought maybe in previous 10 years ... it would have been Joeys ... but in fact it was Kings ... who won most titles

so really you have to say the last 20 years there has been no real dominance, by any 1 school

and I think that is a good thing

although interesting to note that this is stretching to be one of the longest periods without a Joeys 1st XV title ... soccer has been more successful

I believe the current spell to be the longest stretch where the Joeys Rugby trophy cabinet has remained empty ... since 1908 - 1917 ... when Joeys similarly didn't get a look in

Beard

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys underestimating Kings and not being up for the clash with only two games left in the tank .... I'd like to see that!..... in any of the games on Saturday Azzuri.

... enjoy the scones... oh and new in house baristas in the canteen may be worth a fresh review ;)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

that will mean over the last 10 years, there have been 5 shared titles, and the titles are split as follows:

Riverview 4
Newington 4
Scots 3
Joeys 2
Kings 2
Shore 1

so an amazing period of Joeys not dominating . at least not in the 1st XV

I thought maybe in previous 10 years . it would have been Joeys . but in fact it was Kings . who won most titles

so really you have to say the last 20 years there has been no real dominance, by any 1 school

although interesting to note that this is stretching to be one of the longest periods without a Joeys 1st XV title . soccer has been more successful

I believe the current spell to be the longest stretch where the Joeys Rugby trophy cabinet has remained empty . since 1908 - 1917 . when Joeys similarly didn't get a look in

absolutely no surprises there SDW.....:D

Hello

Stan Wickham (3)
Looked at Shore v Scots results and found something interesting. Every A team from Scots won comprehensively yet Shore B sides did not lose one match.
Does this surprise anyone ? As a passive follower of rugby (rowing more my thing though dont hold that against me) this has me baffled. Like my maths and the probability of this is off the richter..

MR

I noticed the same thing, 2nds and every B side winning, and a varying degree of results across the board below the top levels of each age group.

Statistically speaking throw it in a pivot table and away you go it will come up parachutes.

Hello

Stan Wickham (3)

Riverview 4
Newington 4
Scots 3
Joeys 2
Kings 2
Shore 1

so an amazing period of Joeys not dominating . at least not in the 1st XV

I thought maybe in previous 10 years . it would have been Joeys . but in fact it was Kings . who won most titles

although interesting to note that this is stretching to be one of the longest periods without a Joeys 1st XV title . soccer has been more successful

I believe the current spell to be the longest stretch where the Joeys Rugby trophy cabinet has remained empty . since 1908 - 1917 . when Joeys similarly didn't get a look in

Easily across the board Joeys is the strongest rugby school bar the 1st's.

In saying that Joeys 1st's are a very good side being 3rd on the table 1 win behind the leaders Newington & Scots.

The 2nds leading the comp by 2 wins by themselves.

And the 3rds are tied first place with Joeys and Grammar who are both 2 clear.

TouchPauseBanter

Bob McCowan (2)
Big Match Ups This weekend, can we see The View Boys getting up over the Lion's Pride? I believe the Lions from the Hill have the legs to romp them, and look very hungry for the shield to stay in their cabinet, thoughts anyone?

hugeplaysinthehowse

Frank Row (1)
Big Match Ups This weekend, can we see The View Boys getting up over the Lion's Pride? I believe the Lions from the Hill have the legs to romp them, and look very hungry for the shield to stay in their cabinet, thoughts anyone?

I personally believe the newo boys could really see a big performance this weekend. That's where i'd be putting my money.

Good insight, but I suggest you read up a little more before posting champ.

TouchPauseBanter

Bob McCowan (2)
I personally believe the newo boys could really see a big performance this weekend. That's where i'd be putting my money.

Good insight, but I suggest you read up a little more before posting champ.

Hey mate, thanks for that, but if you cared to do some "reading" you'd know in fact that the White and Black Warriors from Stanmore are matched up against the long fringes and Mercedes Benzs of the North Shore ... champ

hugeplaysinthehowse

Frank Row (1)
Hey mate, thanks for that, but if you cared to do some "reading" you'd know in fact that the White and Black Warriors from Stanmore are matched up against the long fringes and Mercedes Benzs of the North Shore . champ

I'm talking more directly to Newo's big game and a look in to overtake the boys from the hill.

I know where i'll be eating my chicken sambo, straight in northbridge.
:cool:

TouchPauseBanter

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm talking more directly to Newo's big game and a look in to overtake the boys from the hill.

I know where i'll be eating my chicken sambo, straight in northbridge.
:cool:

Hey mate, Sounds great, keep an eye out for my old waterboy from 86'. He'll be running the BBQ, don't let him fool you with his rugby knowledge, little fella never even suited up for the 2nd XV, let alone the 1st XV. I'll be over watching the boys in gold up against the Catholics on the North Shore, be sure to let me know how it all goes down.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
2015 AAGPS Rugby Coffee Review:

Summary of my coffee tasting notes from AAGPS season 2015

Kings: Earthy and unmistakably rural. The subtle undertones of Mallee bull co-mingled with essence of pheasant plucker give this premium blend an egalitarian quality. Pleasing to the palate and made from 100% genetically modified Brazilian Wax Beans this ultra-smooth blend romances the tongue, Barry White style.

Riverview: Shamelessly disguising the constituent parts that comprise its real identity this subversive coffee substitute is served in an asbestos mug using BBQ tongs and a welding mask. Brewed in an ancient communal chamber pot from the original View boarding house the questionable aromatics of this blend coupled with the heady whiff of a bushman’s outhouse simultaneously confuse and assault all five senses at once and have been known to trigger a tsunami like laxative reaction that would rival an explosion at the Cadbury factory.

Scots: Brewed at altitude and delivered with an air of smug superiority. The coffee artfully dodges all taste receptors in the mouth but nonetheless scorches across the tongue and down the oesophagus with the subtlety of a barbed wire enema. Colloquially known amongst coffee cognoscenti as Bombay Bovril.

Joeys: I approached the cup in anticipation of a religious experience and walked away feeling like I’d been dressed in a tutu and locked in a cell in D block with Bubba, Killer and Ricki-Bobby on a Saturday night. Playfully presented in a cerise and blue stripped cup the rich glossy crema adorning the surface was mesmerising and showed great promise but choked on consumption like Greg Norman with a 6 shot lead over Nick Faldo in the 1996 Masters.

Shore: With Karl Benz’s creations littering the carpark like dandruff in a hippy commune hopes were high that the coffee would, like the world renown Shores pie, be engineered to within a nanometre of absolute perfection. On first sip however those hopes were crushed like an outside back with size 9 feet holding a size 7 glass slipper. A classic example of Schadenfreude at work.

Newington: With no running water or coffee culture to speak of, expectations for a blood pressure surging cup of caffeine were low. The coffee van which looked eerily like a mobile meth lab from Breaking Bad was parked 50 meters away from the food preparation area…..for good reason. I spilled most of the “coffee” down the front of my shirt as the respirator got in the way.

Bravo....

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Penultimate round and a big shout goes out to those year 12 boys who will be going around on their home paddocks for the final time.

Newington v Shore: Pleasing to hear that some members of Shore's team rehab will return to action this week. Still smarting from their loss to Joeys, New will be keen to ensure that as a minimum they remain in the hunt for a joint premiership. New too strong across the park: N by 20

Riverview v Scots: No longer a game in arrears to New, Scots can be masters of their title aspirations. View missing too many up front on paper but if they can get close to parity in the piggies this could be the week that their elusive 70 mins performance is on show: R by 2

Joeys v Kings: Both last start winners surprising many but not their respective supporters. Bragging rights are not to be sneezed at and there's plenty of individual and collective match ups to savour. I can't go past the home team riding on the back of their passionate home cheer squad: J by 10

PS. Match reports will be secondary to many forum members who await with bated breath Azzuri's post mortem as a stranger in a strange land aka Jack's amidst the Joeys' RMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.