• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
BTW @NIS.you've done a sterling job in managing the tipping comp and wrangling all the various correspondents. Big fan of the super rounds and the fact that you've included 2's and 3's!.

Thanks Azzuri,

With the 2's and 3's we get to see a few more letters of the alphabet, Notably E, K & I make more appearances in the tipping,

I will be more organized next year and get everyone involved earlier, I think it must have 2's and 3's otherwise its too easy for those who tip with their heads.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Thanks Azzuri,

With the 2's and 3's we get to see a few more letters of the alphabet, Notably E, K & I make more appearances in the tipping,

I will be more organized next year and get everyone involved earlier, I think it must have 2's and 3's otherwise its too easy for those who tip with their heads.

My experience has been that tipping with the heart has proven costly to my tipping prospects this season. ;)

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tahspark
Good point ..tipping your favourite team often costs you big time in these tipping comps .. Therefore it is obvious that a SHORE supporter will WIN this tipping comp easily.Their hearts have been broken a long time ago .. 2 wins in 3 seasons, so they can only Tip with their Heads.:(

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
By the way Azzuri how did you fair with the RM's down at Jacks after a belly full of pies?

Thanks for asking, oh hirsutly named one.

Any matchup out at Hunters Hill is always an experience.

Last weekend was not different except for the added anticipation of bumping into the wild RM2 in her natural environment. It’s indeed an understatement to say that my senses were on high alert throughout the day.

Wild eyed and anxious I was careful to walk in the foot prints of others down the access road to the ground, in case RM2 had picked up any tricks from her last three stints in Afghanistan. I need not have worried as it seems she’d decided to abandon her direct assault strategy in favour of a campaign of psychological terror to avoid collateral damage to Joey’s supporters.

The open air grandstand offered good cover and several quick escape routes so I removed my ghillie suit and set up base camp, all the while carefully watching for unusual movements or furtive glances. On venturing away from my base camp to secure a supply of sausage sambos I stupidly made eye contact with a rather attractive auburn haired woman who shot me a “knowing smile” transfixing me to the spot. A quick recovery saw me shakily making my way back to base camp concerned that my cover had been blown. My paranoia turned to sheepishness when I notice my fly was undone.

After decamping from the grandstand at the end of the game I cautiously approached the dining room for the after match function. Being one of the first 10 people there gave me the opportunity to scout the area for “bogeys”. Having once again donned my Ghillie suit to avoid detection I still couldn’t help but feel like a baby wildebeest trapped on the wrong side of an alligator infested river. I knew I had to dive in but also knew the danger.

Alas, despite the provocation RM2 did not reveal herself and both her and her RM accomplices seemingly melted into the shadows with no obvious signs of their existence other than the tell-tale sprinkle of hundreds and thousands on the chocolate donuts….. She was both everywhere and nowhere.

On the subject of Jacks Bar I unfortunately had a function to attend back at Kings that night so had to run.....but the place, as usual was chockers. Joeys supporters as you know always describe Jacks with a reverence usually reserved for great wonders of the ancient world and non-aficionados could be excused for thinking it looks like this

Jack B&G 2.JPG

when in fact this is closer to the reality..

humpy.jpg

Beard

Allen Oxlade (6)
@Azzuri .. I think the locals prefer reality ;)

& we are all pleased you survived... yes I'm sure RM2 is as well, although I know she was downwind all day with her san trackers and blunderbuss at the ready.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Tips for this week:

1sts JKN
2nd JKN
3rd JKIG

JKNJKNJKIG

I see you're voting with your heart rather than your head Azzuri.
A clean sweep to Kings against Scots is a courageous call.....foolhardy perhaps.....blind faith.....myopia at the very least.
Pity.......you seem so well informed on other matters.....:)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I see you're voting with your heart rather than your head Azzuri.
A clean sweep to Kings against Scots is a courageous call...foolhardy perhaps...blind faith...myopia at the very least.
Pity...you seem so well informed on other matters...:)

You are indeed correct @Wristman. All of the above and aspirational to boot! I know there's most probably more chance of the sun rising in the West than the Kingsmen winning all three grades on Saturday but hey blind faith is what being a fan is all about isn't it?

As an aside the etymology of the word "fan' indicates it's derived from the modern Latin word "fanaticus" and means "insanely but divinely inspired".....If the tinfoil hat fits then I suppose I have to wear it.:confused:

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
What a fun season it has ultimately turned out to be. Well done to all the grown ups who have posted some very funny posts - CJ and Azzuri have taken line honours in the last few posts with some high quality banter. Joker has provided light entertainment along the way. Thanks to NIS for keeping us all engaged with the tipping, PsychoPath for making sure we don't step over the line, Jim Belshaw, IS and Beard all banging on about the Thirds.

After Round 10, bring on Colts.

PS Azzuri, the snipers noted how many donuts you slipped down the Khakis and we won't mention the sorties on the spring rolls…..

And tips:

JKI - why not?
JKN
JKIG

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
What a fun season it has ultimately turned out to be. Well done to all the grown ups who have posted some very funny posts - CJ and Azzuri have taken line honours in the last few posts with some high quality banter. Joker has provided light entertainment along the way. Thanks to NIS for keeping us all engaged with the tipping, PsychoPath for making sure we don't step over the line, Jim Belshaw, IS and Beard all banging on about the Thirds.

After Round 10, bring on Colts.

PS Azzuri, the snipers noted how many donuts you slipped down the Khakis and we won't mention the sorties on the spring rolls…..

And tips:

JKI - why not?
JKN
JKIG

Gotta say @RM2.... Im loving the "devil may care" approach to this weeks tips.......and will only confess to scoffing two spring rolls, one party pie and one of those delicious roast beef and crusty bread rolls. I steered away from the chocky donuts. They looked evil!

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tahspark
Good point ..tipping your favourite team often costs you big time in these tipping comps .. Therefore it is obvious that a SHORE supporter will WIN this tipping comp easily.Their hearts have been broken a long time ago .. 2 wins in 3 seasons, so they can only Tip with their Heads.:(
Don't forget the draw against Joeys last year that counts for something.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The home games against King's and Riverview are special days for the Joeys faithful: King's due to the high number of country boys as their parents and supporters make the trip down to watch at least one game (King's and Joeys still have by far the largest numbers of country boys of all schools), and Riverview with the traditional rivalry between the two closest members of the GPS. Most old Catholic families from country New South Wales can count OBs of both schools in their flocks, mine are no different, but I retain a healthy suspicion of the lace-curtain Catholics from Lane Cove. That nothwithstanding the buggers certainly know how to drink beer! Some OBs from Hunters Hill and Lane Cove well remember a First XV match from 2005 with an early, controversial incident at the scoreboard corner..... Good thing Pell was at the match, the last rites were readily available if needed. I took my young bloke to Jacks in a capsule when he was four months old, two charming young ladies (daughters of a View OB drinking with my mate) goohed and gahhed over him and took him off my hands for a few hours, so I can't be too antagonistic towards the Jesuits.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Does anyone know how many players from this year's New team played in the match against scots at scots last year. I re watched the video of that match last night and there were a number of familiar faces

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Does anyone know how many players from this year's New team played in the match against scots at scots last year. I re watched the video of that match last night and there were a number of familiar faces

Not sure about that particular game but from memory i am fairly sure Murray, Kuenzle, Simmonson, Sepesa and Kennewell all played in the New 1sts last year

Status
Not open for further replies.