• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
For reasons I won't bore you with, I have been completely out of touch, very out of touch. It seems that TAS were playing Iggies yesterday in trials. Is this correct? Does anybody know the results?

runtheunders12345

Bob McCowan (2)
Scots teams from trial v kings

1sts
1. Harry Todd
2. Dylan Woods
3. Forest Koroka
4. Charlie Crawford
5. Ryan Mcauley
6. Charlie Smith
7. Hugh Green
8. George Miller
9. Theo Strang
10. Dan England
11. Jake Prinderville
12. Gus Chadwick
13. James Hawkins
14. Dylan luisi
15. Strath Yeo

2nds
1. Angus Currans
2. Charlie Jeavons Fellows
3. George Brownlow
4. Mackenzie Dale
5. James Gavin
6. Edward Pegler
7. James Suttor
8. Max Girdler
9. Oli Poiner
10. Dylan Mclachlan
11. Blake Taylor
12. Angus Simpson
13. Winston Yunupingu
14. Jimmy Mcarthy
15. Jarod Cullen

Expect some big changes for 1st round, i do believe ryan mcauley was a late omission and girdler filled in at 2 row against kings.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For those who don't know....

Marcus Blackburn joins Hereford Cathedral School

Written by Editorial Intern Leah Alger
Marcus Blackburn has been appointed as the new Assistant Head of Sport and Extracurricular at Hereford Cathedral School from July 2015.
He was the National Rugby Sevens Coach and Development Manager for the Singapore Rugby Union, Coaching Director of the New South Wales Waratahs Sevens Programme, and author of ‘Coaching Rugby Stevens’. Marcus is also currently Head of P.E and Director of Rugby at The Scots College in Sydney. The college is one of Australia’s leading independent schools, with a national and international reputation for sport because of it producing a number of World Champions and Olympians in an array of sports, including a number of international rugby players.
“I am very much looking forward to the role, and I am looking forward to playing a part in the short, medium and long-term development plans of the school,” commented Marcus.
Mr Paul Smith, Hereford Cathedral School’s Headmaster, added: “I am delighted that Marcus (Blackburn) has agreed to join us and lead our whole school sporting and extra-curricular provision forward. Not only did his credentials, experience and potential stand out, but his passion for sport and drive to enable pupils to achieve their very best was clear to see.”

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys vs Shore the results were pretty much well expected.
Newington vs Riverview was tipped to be much much closer, maybe a poor preseason and little match time led to fatigue for Ignatius, with all those unanswered points in the second half, or could we be seeing the emergence of a dominant Newington side, the likes similar to those of the past years Premiership sides of 2010 or 2012.
Scots vs Kings however, was surely the upset match for this trial round, with Scots being favourites trying to defend last years title. Again maybe fatigue led to this upset, or Kings indeed had a cracker. It will be interesting to see how Kings goes next week, it would be good to see them keep this form up.

Having said that, this was a trial round, however it was an interesting trial round nonetheless. I think GPS Observer said it perfectly;

"All of a sudden there are 5 sets of hands on the trophy. Next 2 weeks will be a cracker."

Keep your thoughts coming in,
Major R

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Trial game guys trial game ...standard was trial game.teams were trial game ..Girds and Charlie played in the ...trial game.few players didn't play in the ...trial game.rugby mum says relax that's good advice..

Well as a Scots supporter I'm far from relaxed.
Kings were simply better on the day.
Better prepared, better organised and played with greater intensity and passion.
They thoroughly deserved the win.
Scots were found wanting in a number of areas.
There is a lack of size in the front row, scrums were lost against the head and Scots were penalised a couple of times for taking the scrum down.
McCauley was missed and Girdler and Smith were the best of the forwards despite lacking a bit of match fitness.
In the backs Hawkins and Prindiville both seemed to pick up from last years form and made good yards with the ball in hand.
England played OK and Strang showed glimpses of his undoubted promise but none of the newcomers really stood out. The backs were all competent but there is no Crichton waiting in the wings to provide penetration, suck in defenders and open gaps for other runners.
The brand of running rugby that Scots play is contingent on precise preparation and a stable scrum base.
Neither was particularly evident yesterday.
A lot of work to do before next weekend.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
The View v New trial really was a game of 2 halves. Riverview were ahead of Newington in most aspects of the game in the 1st half, where Newington were much better in the second half. Riverview had opportunity early in the second half but a lack of composure near the line saw Newington advance downfield and ultimately score to gain the momentum. From there Riverview hardly had any possession for the rest of the game and it showed on the scoreboard. The score blew a little in the end as Riverview emptied its bench. Newington showed great composure to work their way back into the contest and thoroughly deserved the win. Riverview has showed some real potential and will be a different side when McGregor gets back.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I couldn't help but notice that New 16 A and 16B played Riverview 16 B and 16 D respectively. Is this age group particularly weak at Stanmore?

mike parker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Scots teams from trial v kings

1sts
1. Harry Todd
2. Dylan Woods
3. Forest Koroka
4. Charlie Crawford
5. Ryan Mcauley
6. Charlie Smith
7. Hugh Green
8. George Miller
9. Theo Strang
10. Dan England
11. Jake Prinderville
12. Gus Chadwick
13. James Hawkins
14. Dylan luisi
15. Strath Yeo

2nds
1. Angus Currans
2. Charlie Jeavons Fellows
3. George Brownlow
4. Mackenzie Dale
5. James Gavin
6. Edward Pegler
7. James Suttor
8. Max Girdler
9. Oli Poiner
10. Dylan Mclachlan
11. Blake Taylor
12. Angus Simpson
13. Winston Yunupingu
14. Jimmy Mcarthy
15. Jarod Cullen

Expect some big changes for 1st round, i do believe ryan mcauley was a late omission and girdler filled in at 2 row against kings.

girlder was a standout last year! Any reason for his demotion?

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Girdler Played first XV
Girdler stepped in to play second row for the injured McCauley.
He is coming back from injury but still had a great game.
Lacked a bit of match fitness but he is a big strong boy and will be a force again this year.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Good win to the Tahs and Kings in the final trial. When a certain GPS team loses, this thread goes silent. When that same wins, this thread comes alive. Azzuri, it's easy to work out that this thread is really an email exchange amongst contributors from 1-2 schools. This is ok but makes it irrelevant. Don't bother.

Misplaced criticism given that a brief review of just the 2 pages preceding your post showed at least one post from a supporter of 5 of the 6 schools playing in the 1sts comp with the exception being the absence of any obvious post from a Shore supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.