• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tips for this w/e
Scots by a lot (40+)
2 years ago shore lost by a margin of 80 points and they had some v good players. This Shore team has lost Rixon for the season and still lacks leadership and power on the field.
Newington by a try
Kings by a try

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Two U16 teams at New but only one facing Joeys.
For a proud GPS rugby school, New are matching up against Joeys in 12 fixtures. 29 Joeys teams are facing a mixture of other opponents.
I suppose if they get up in the 1's it would have been a successful day.

No doubt you figures are correct on the face of it, but you haven't factored in the 3rds competition which means that Joeys 3rd and 5th teams would be playing Grammar as would their B and D teams in the age groups - this accounts for 8 of the 29 teams that Joeys are playing against other teams. You also need to factor in the Newington 3rds teams, which mean that 9 Newington teams are playing High - 3rds and 5ths plus Bs and Ds in the age groups. (No 16D team)

So New 16Bs would probably be playing be playing High?

EDIT: In fact Grammar are playing 11 of the Joeys sides as part of the 3rds structure.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Actually I'd like to change my Kings vs Riverview tip to Kings winning, all my others to stay the same.

Also, I'll be at the Joeys vs New game this saturday and will write a few notes down for a match report.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Did Kings play a touring side this week? If that's right does anyone know the outcome. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Did Kings play a touring side this week? If that's right does anyone know the outcome. ?

The Incredible Plan reported at #1307 that Kings were due to play the English school Sherborne on Monday 13 July.

He or Azzuri will probably be well placed to give us a snapshot of that result.

The Incredible Plan

Herbert Moran (7)
The Incredible Plan reported at #1307 that Kings were due to play the English school Sherborne on Monday 13 July.

He or Azzuri will probably be well placed to give us a snapshot of that result.
Sorry - didn't get to the game. I heard that Kings won both 1sts and 2nds but I have no detail.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I believe Riverview is playing a touring team on Thursday
I wonder how they will back up for their Saturday match?
The 1sts and 2nds boys won't play that game. I was told the side will most likely be a mix of 3rd xv and 16's, which is what they've done in the past with mid week touring teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Sorry - didn't get to the game. I heard that Kings won both 1sts and 2nds but I have no detail.

Correct...I didn't keep score but think seconds won by about 5 tries to 2 from memory. Quite an entertaining game and what Sherbourne lacked in size they made up for in detrmination.

Firsts was a scrappy stop start affair with penalties aplenty and several of the regular Kingsmen rested....nonetheless the Sky Blue and White came away with the lollies 4/5 tries to 2 I think.

footyhead111

Frank Row (1)
Correct.I didn't keep score but think seconds won by about 5 tries to 2 from memory. Quite an entertaining game and what Sherbourne lacked in size they made up for in detrmination.

Firsts was a scrappy stop start affair with penalties aplenty and several of the regular Kingsmen rested..nonetheless the Sky Blue and White came away with the lollies 4/5 tries to 2 I think.

Sorry Azzuri, Correction, Kings won the 2nd 69-0 and the 1sts 26-0. Extremely entertaining game in the seconds with the Kings boys really spreading the ball running the English lads around. The Firsts was very stop-start, with Kings struggling to penetrate the defence at times where they should. Im backing the TKS boys to get up in both Firsts and Seconds on saturday by 15+ in both.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Shore v Scots: Difficult to see Shore coping with Scots' physicality up front which will allow Scots to secure front foot ball for their backs. Shore's renowned spirit will need to be at the fore. Scots by 20

Newington v Joeys: Newington will not have things all their own way with Joeys giving plenty of cheek and enough to hand Newington their first loss of the season. Joeys by 7

Riverview v Kings: Both sides very capable but prone to peaks & troughs in the same match. Whichever side can showcase more of their A game for the duration will prevail. I'm hoping that will be Riverview at home. View by 3

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
the more rain ... and slop that is coming to Sydney ... is only swinging things in favour of Newington

Newington has a big pack and big backs and they will love the heavy conditions ... they probably have the sprinklers going as we speak

whereas Joeys I would argue would do way better on the fast draining Hunters Hill track

so tipping Newington in a mudbath ... Joeys will have a better shot in return match :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.