• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We are still looking for a 2nd writer for Joeys, Kings and New; so please send me a convo if you are willing to have a crack.

You will be given some guidelines to follow.

And if you go to games of the other schools and want to write one or two match reports during the season give me a convo also - sometimes writers aren't available and we need a bench writer.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Need to step up in the tipping stakes after my inauspicious 1/3 in rd 1. I can feel it in my waters as follows:

Joeys v Scots: Joeys to capitalize on the confidence derived from their big win over View and to ride their home support to consign the pre-season favourites, Scots, 0/2 in a tight finish: J by 5.

Kings v Newington: A cracking battle up front, very even at set piece and the breakdown. The class of New's outside backs the difference: N by 7.

Shore v Riverview: Barring a draw one of these teams will seize the momentum heading into the break. View to dominate in the forwards so that the re-jigged backline see the front foot ball they lacked against Joeys. R by 14.

T

themanger

Newington 1st 15 for saturday v kings:

1)Opeti
2)teu atiola
3)jacob story
4)Tom piroddi
5)Charlie Mannix
6)adam goodman
7)campbell clifford
8)nathan lawson
9)matthew long
10)hamish duvall
11)tyrone
12)cameron murray
13)simon kenewell
14)sam gilfedder
15)sepesa

Will be an interesting match, boys to watch:
-Tom piroddi
-Simon kennewell

Yours Truly
The Manger

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
OK I will try to pick this weekend
Riverview vs Shore: Shore to be spoilers and keep the score close but I would think that Riverview would make some changes from their last game and be improved. Riverview to win a close one
Joeys vs Scots: Riverview made Joeys look good in their last game. Scots while having the players have not produced any real form. Joeys to win again in a close one
Kings vs Newington: I have seen neither team this year but it looks too close to call...a draw!

Big Marv

Frank Row (1)
Striking similarities between the new Wallabies jersey and a certain GPS school's current rugby jersey? The good Doctor at work me thinks. Also very similar play style between the two gentlemen pictured. Good spot Big Marv.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.21.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.21.24 AM.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 425

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newington 1st 15 for saturday v kings:

1)Opeti
2)teu atiola
3)jacob story
4)Tom piroddi
5)Charlie Mannix
6)adam goodman
7)campbell clifford
8)nathan lawson
9)matthew long
10)hamish duvall
11)tyrone
12)cameron murray
13)simon kenewell
14)sam gilfedder
15)sepesa

Will be an interesting match, boys to watch:
-Tom piroddi
-Simon kennewell

Yours Truly
The Manger

Seems a good team this year, a couple of outsiders for GPS !'s or 2's, Jacob Story the prop has good skills and is tough, and Clifford the #7 has been carrying an injury ,but wont be surprised if he plays his way back into rep calculations, was GPS 3rds last year as well.

My Tips theis week Newington by 1o
Joeys by 6. Riverview by 12.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
CTPE, god bless his little cotton socks, will take a screen shot of this but here goes this weekends tips... Kings by <7, Shore by 10? and Joeys by 2

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
fearless predictions

scots to come to the fore and belt the catholics bursting the balloon of overconfidence that has swollen their heads after beating the lace doily makers from across the creek. look for a big performance from the scots pack as they demolish the sausage rolls in the tea closet after.

view to win the game. meanwhile in the car park it will be the finer nz chardonnay, highly polished rm williams boots and better imported brie that will prove the winner for shore in a tight contest

newington proving that the taro root is mightier than a pomme de terre in a match which will see those with sand in their boots stronger than those with western red soil. could be an upset in the after match afters when the pies run out

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
fearless predictions

scots to come to the fore and belt the catholics bursting the balloon of overconfidence that has swollen their heads after beating the lace doily makers from across the creek. look for a big performance from the scots pack as they demolish the sausage rolls in the tea closet after.

view to win the game. meanwhile in the car park it will be the finer nz chardonnay, highly polished rm williams boots and better imported brie that will prove the winner for shore in a tight contest

newington proving that the taro root is mightier than a pomme de terre in a match which will see those with sand in their boots stronger than those with western red soil. could be an upset in the after match afters when the pies run out

but let's not stereotype anyone!!!!!!

scrum-doctor

Stan Wickham (3)
If Jack Mann is coming in at 10 for Kings I would be watching him.

I watched this kid in the U/16's and he was easily the greatest head on the park.

Unfortunately has been hampered with injury but if he gets back to good form the Kings side is a 10 point better team if not more.

Great game management with good precise general play kicking and silky hands.

Definitely one to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.