• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Can someone please inform me how they select the GPS rugby coaches? I have had good reports regarding the shore forwards coach (G. Inches) but i really can't say that about the backs coach. Andrew Cleverley and Brian Smith from TSC can clearly warrant their 'selection' as the 1st XV coaches.

Is it a form of rotation between the schools? Or just a lucky dip each year.
I'm pretty sure its appointed on the basis of the schools placing in the previous year. The overrider is when a schools coach has been appointed to NSW coaching positions or higher. So last year, Scots finished first and Riverview 2nd, and thats how those positions in GPS 1's and 2's have been appointed. Last year I think Lachlan Fear , Grammar had the GPS blue or white side, so maybe its abitary once you go past 1's and 2's.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Never understood this pod structure that scots play with ... But yesterday a 9 year old kid explained it to me, and now I think I understand and see that they have these pivots, and least think I understand it

Incidentally don't know that going by yesterday's results pod system is that great ... However the 1st xv sure implemented it very well

At least from my novice perspective

When are scots playing waverley ... Could be reasonable game if Waverley can get back to full strength in time ...?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Never understood this pod structure that scots play with . But yesterday a 9 year old kid explained it to me, and now I think I understand and see that they have these pivots, and least think I understand it

Incidentally don't know that going by yesterday's results pod system is that great . However the 1st xv sure implemented it very well

At least from my novice perspective

When are scots playing waverley . Could be reasonable game if Waverley can get back to full strength in time .?
I wouldn't think Scots would play Waverley any time soon. They play in different associations.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Does anyone have any news on Max Girdler?
He didn't look in great shape when he came off injured yesterday against Joeys.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm pretty sure its appointed on the basis of the schools placing in the previous year. The overrider is when a schools coach has been appointed to NSW coaching positions or higher. So last year, Scots finished first and Riverview 2nd, and thats how those positions in GPS 1's and 2's have been appointed. Last year I think Lachlan Fear , Grammar had the GPS blue or white side, so maybe its abitary once you go past 1's and 2's.

Cheers mate!

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Cheers mate!

It is appointed from scratch but obviously players who have made teams in passed years are considered highly.. The selectors go to the trials rounds before the season as well as the first 2 rounds to fill in the spots for each team. Your team success is weigh in, however, the ultimate factor is how well you've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjamin Dover

Frank Row (1)
Quick shout out to Billy Smith. Charlie smith's younger brother who played the last 15 minutes for Scots in win over Joey's. Didn't get much ball on attack but was solid in attack and was able to hold his strength among the big boys.

Benjamin Dover

Frank Row (1)
You obviously at watched the game through a Scots filter! Some cheeky but bad niggle from Scots 7 lead joeys on - which made him look like an absolute grub. Also, I feel that if the same Scots 7 hadn't pretended to be so hurt from the "dangerous" tackle the it would not have been a yellow card. Same applies for Scots 6 and 9 that milked penalties through their injuries. The awfully inconsistent refereeing didn't help either!

Your most likely a Joey's parent or have something to do with their rugby programme! Joey's number 2 Tom Horton was giving cheap shots to Scots 7 Charlie Smith all game long and Scots number 2 Dylan Woods was there to back up his mate. To say that scots boys were milking penalties is ridiculous. Charlie Smith was clearly on the wrong end of a crusher tackle by Joeys 7 and could've seriously injured himself there. He is obviously just a tough boy and knew if his team wanted to win he had to stay on.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
only to the extent that they control the subs.
you don't want to be a 10 shuffled to the wing to 'balance' the team

my understanding is that even that is often at the request of NSW selectors - as Huge keeps pointing out these are NSW Schools trials.
I doubt we'll solve the question of how much the coach matters in this context.
They each justify their appointment week in week out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
General reminder to all about the rules and protocols we observe here in the Green and Gold Forums. The forums are for objective, mature and sensible discussion of children's sport. Differing opinions, and witty banter is encouraged.

If on or off field behaviour by players, coaches, administrators or spectators is beyond the pale, then the best place to redress that is by contacting the school you are associated with directly and leaving it up to the relevant authorities there to close the issue.

Some recent posts, particularly from those new to G&GR are sailing perilously close to being in breach of G&GR rules and protocols. Those posters need to lift their collective games. The AAGPS thread does not exist to promote your mates or associates, bully or take the piss out of others, nor to bag spectators or players from other schools or settle petty schoolboy squabbles.

If you don't want to play by G&GR rules, then go elsewhere.

If you don't play by G&GR rules, then your posts will be deleted and you will be banned.

G&GR forum posts also record IP addresses and when there are swarms of inappropriate posts from certain locations, the relevant School Administrations are informed of what their students are up to.

This is not a democracy nor is it facebook, snapchat, redit or whatever the flavour of the day social media tool happens to be.

The Schoolboy Thread moderators have a hair trigger when it comes to deleting posts, and banning posters.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Your most likely a Joey's parent or have something to do with their rugby programme! Joey's number 2 Tom Horton was giving cheap shots to Scots 7 Charlie Smith all game long and Scots number 2 Dylan Woods was there to back up his mate. To say that scots boys were milking penalties is ridiculous. Charlie Smith was clearly on the wrong end of a crusher tackle by Joeys 7 and could've seriously injured himself there. He is obviously just a tough boy and knew if his team wanted to win he had to stay on.

Look there is no love lost between the two sides who have been playing one another for years. Tough game, bit of niggle, cheap shots all over the field if you watch the video replay, good game of footy. Pity Joeys lost. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.