• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Another tough day in office for the Shore boys - Riverview were particularly good around the ruck. Forwards were making ground and their halfback Noonan had a good day out scoring twice. I don't think he was touched for his first try as he scampered down the blind. McGregor controlled the game well and they made plenty of ground up the middle from him. Riverview looked good all day scoring 7 tries.
Shore had a brief moment when they made a break up the wing and eventually scored with their No. 11 Gregory taking an inside ball to go over under the posts. Then Fergus Bragg made a big bust from the restart - but that was about it. Poor hands and turnovers proving costly again, and some of the defence at times was non-existent.
No. 6 Robin Allen looks to have been injured too and will miss the rest of the season. Scots at Bellevue Hill next week will be tough.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Funny, they are not off the pace in the seconds or thirds.

That's because 2nd's and 3rd's are well coached. To be a good coach you have to be a good selector,the 1St XV coaches seem to do neither well.2nds and 3rds are also 8 players down but perform well most weeks. The next few weeks get worse with Scots ,New and Joey's. The boys are really struggling now to keep their chins up and finish off the season with some pride. They are are fine bunch of young men courageously lead by Fergas Bragg . Shore have no rugby program in place through out the school and it is showing badly.
it is time HQ at Shore did something about it or the old boys who proudly built the Shore tradition of Rugby and also donate $$$ every year will be storming the gate with a please explain.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Another tough day in office for the Shore boys - Riverview were particularly good around the ruck. Forwards were making ground and their halfback Noonan had a good day out scoring twice. I don't think he was touched for his first try as he scampered down the blind. McGregor controlled the game well and they made plenty of ground up the middle from him. Riverview looked good all day scoring 7 tries.
Shore had a brief moment when they made a break up the wing and eventually scored with their No. 11 Gregory taking an inside ball to go over under the posts. Then Fergus Bragg made a big bust from the restart - but that was about it. Poor hands and turnovers proving costly again, and some of the defence at times was non-existent.
No. 6 Robin Allen looks to have been injured too and will miss the rest of the season. Scots at Bellevue Hill next week will be tough.
Riverview much improved from round 1. Any ream wanting to beat them needs to mark the big no. 5 very closely. He stands very wide (about outside centre), very strong and has good handling for a big bopper.

View showing some form and might get themselves a scalp. Obviously very unluckly against Joeys.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Added up all the points from the 3, 2, 1's from 7 rounds so far according to the match reports - top 10 so far are below:

1st Dylan Pietsch 21 points
2nd Cam Murray 13 points
3rd Fergus Bragg 11 points
3rd Max Girdler 11 points
5th Tom wright 10 points
6th Will Terry 8 points
6th Jack McGregor 8 points
6th Dan England 8 points
9th Michael Fenn 7 points
9th Simon Kennewell 7 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Highlights of the 1stXV clash at Bellevue Hill [will take a few more minutes processing until it's available in HD though]. LG welcome to embed it on blog [best watched on blog cos optimum viewing screen]. Sadly i missed the second Joey's try 'cos the cam shut down. The rest is there though. Can't believe how many times I've seen Theo Strang score from a quick tap and go near the line, defenders seem to relax when they hear the whistle, bad idea!

Sorry, some technical issues: youtube rejecting the 42min video highlights [?the backing audio, although i've used it all before]. I'll change it & have it back up in a day or two.

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
He signed with them weeks ago. They just formally announced the squad today.

Well informed 'Cash' Stars must really see something in him.

Big step up. With Nick Phipps signed as one of their half backs yet most likely away with international duties, is there a chance of Strang getting game time?

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Well informed 'Cash' Stars must really see something in him.

Big step up. With Nick Phipps signed as one of their half backs yet most likely away with international duties, is there a chance of Strang getting game time?
I wonder if he can handle the big boys especially seeing him injuries a lot in the school footy?? I hope they don't rush him.
Good on him for making it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 AAGPS Draw and Results for 1st XV, 2nd XV, and 3rd XV games

Round 1 30 May 15
1st XV – K 21 def E 7, S 14 def by N 27, J 45 def I 12
2nd XV – K 27 def E 7, S 19 def by N 27, J 24 def I 0
3rd XV -Trial 2 – K 24 def E 10, S 24 def H 0, J 29 def I 10, N 7 def by A 35, G Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Results-Round-1-20151.pdf

Round 2 13 Jun 15
1st XV – E 17 def by I 22, J 15 def by S 21, K 7 def by N 36
2nd XV – E 14 drew with I 14, J 14 def S 10, K 17 def N 5
3rd XV – Round 1 – E 5 def by I 7, N 5 def by S 24, K 15 def by G 33, A 47 def H 10, J Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Results-Round-2-2015.pdf

Round 3 18 Jul 15
1st – E 15 def by S 43, N 26 def J 23, I 36 def K 26
2nd XV – E 14 drew with S 14, N 10 def J 5, I 14 def K 0
3rd XV – Round 2 – E 3 def A 0, I 14 def by S 24, G 0 def by J 38, N 28 def H 5, K Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Results-Round-3-2015.pdf

Round 4 25 Jul 15
1st XV – N 43 def E 17, S 36 def I 26, K 12 def by J 47
2nd XV – N 18 def E 17, S 0 def by I 15, K 17 def by J 19
3rd XV – Round 3 – K 21 def by E 22, S 7 def by G 10, H def by J (no scores reported but believed to be H 0 def by J 61), A 26 def I 5, N Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Results-Round-4-2015.pdf

Round 5 1 Aug 15
1st XV – J 39 def E 18, S 36 def K 12, I 36 def by N 45
2nd XV – J 26 def E 24, S 7 def by K 40, I 7 def by N 10
3rd XV – Round 4 – G 34 def E 25, J 38 def S 0, N 0 def by A 24, H 15 def K 7, I Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/results-/

Round 6 8 Aug 15
1st XV – E 0 def by K 32, N 17 drew with S 17, I 23 def by J 33
2nd XV – E 10 def K 5, N 26 def S 5, I 27 def by J 34
3rd XV – Round 5 – S 52 def H 6, I 5 def by J 24, G 36 def N 0, A 24 def K 5, E Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Results-Round-6-2015.pdf

Round 7 15 Aug 15
1st XV – I 43 def E 7, S 34 def J 29, N 55 def K 10
2nd XV – I 19 def by E 22, S 14 def by J 29, N 14 def by K 15
3rd XV – Round 6 – H 0 def by E 30, A 7 def by J 31, N 5 def by K 24, I 10 def by G 19, S Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Results-Round-7-20151.pdf

1st XV Table
N - 13 pts, S - 11 pts, J - 8 pts, I - 6 pts, K - 4 pts, E - 0 pts
2nd XV Table
J - 12 pts, N - 10 pts, K - 8 pts, E - 6 pts, I - 5 pts, S - 1 pt
3rd XV Table
J - 10 pts, G - 10 pts, A - 8 pts, S - 6 pts, E - 6 pts, I - 2 pts, N - 2 pts, K - 2 pts, H - 2 pts

To come
Round 8 22 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – S v E, J v N, K v I
3rd XV – Round 7 – S v E, J v N, K v I, G v A, H Bye

Round 9 29 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v N, I v S, J v K
3rd XV – Round 8 – E v N, S v A, J v K, I v H, G Bye

Round 10 5 Sep 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v J, K v S, N v I
3rd XV – Round 9 – E v J, K v S, N v I, G v H, A Bye

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/upcoming-fixtures/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 8 22 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – S v E, J v N, K v I
3rd XV – Round 7 – S v E, J v N, K v I, G v A, H Bye

Tips
1st XV: S, N, I
3rd XV: E, J, I, G

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Tips for this week:

Scots to keep the scoreboard attendant busy at Bellevue Hill - Scots 30 plus

New just over Joeys in what should be another epic battle - New by 7 or less

Riverview with a little to spare against Kings - View by 10-15

3rds

Shore
Joeys
Kings
Grammar

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
1st XV's, Round 8, 22/8:

1. Joeys vs Newington - MoTR (Match of The Round)

New won't have it all their own way this week in the return bout at Hunters Hill.

Joeys will be hurting from letting go a 19 point 1st half lead last week against Scots, but they will hurt even more with the loss of skipper and Aussie Rep hooker, Tom Horton, joining Tom Wright in the infirmary.

Passion and pride won't be enough to carry the day for the Joe Boys on Saturday. Instead, the big Newington pack will rumble the cerise and blue, setting the platform for Messrs Kuenzle, Murray and Kennewell to run merry through the Joeys three quarters. Tyrone and Simmonson may well have to come inboard some if they want to get a touch on the pill!

New to win comfortably by 15-20.

2. Scots vs Shore

Shore's troubled year will get no better playing away to Scots, and Scots will look to tune up for their much bigger test away at Riverview the following week in Round 9.

The Ref might need to call for uncontested scrums before this one is over, with Scots "Eveready Bunny" Charlie Smith to go pilfer-crazy, Pocket Battleship Jake Prindiville to score a trilogy to top up his Season's tally, and Scots to clear their bench during the 2nd half to give everyone a canter in all Gold tunics.

Scots at home to put more than 40 points on the Shoremen.

3. Kings vs Riverview

At Parramatta this week, the Kingsmen will not play as loosely as they did last week at Stanmore when they gave up this Season's first 50-pointer in 1st XV games.

But if, bewilderingly, they do so again, then Dr Azzuri will be inviting each of the miscreants to some form of one-on-one, "Dark Arts"/HTFU 'special' coaching clinics down on the Massie Fields flats the following week!

If Jack McGregor plays as expected, he'll be the difference feeding any number of his outside finishers.

View to take the chocolates and the Kings maidens by a touch more than the first encounter, by 15.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Riverview much improved from round 1. Any ream wanting to beat them needs to mark the big no. 5 very closely. He stands very wide (about outside centre), very strong and has good handling for a big bopper.

View showing some form and might get themselves a scalp. Obviously very unluckly against Joeys.

IMHO there were a few selection issues in View's backline that took to the field against Joeys in rd 1 that hadn't been ironed out during the trials.

After their 2nd half pasting at Joeys' hands, O'Reilly was promoted to wing, Pirina moved to inside centre and Hurley to fullback. Apart from the last 1 1/2 games when Pirina has been injured and Smeallie has been his able replacement at #12, View has fielded a settled and strong backline of Noonan, McGregor, Mete, Pirina, Terry, O'Reilly and Hurley since rd 2 that has been at least the equal of their opposition.

Noonan, new to the school, understandably took a while to settle and has in recent weeks been going from strength to strength. Some of View's set piece tries have been fantastic eg. their first tries against New and Joeys (2nd rd).

In the forwards View would love to have first choices Hancock, Gehrig, Todhunter and Archer (only now working his way back) available and their inclusion would probably have seen View higher placed.

View is, of course, not Pat Malone in the team rehab stakes at this end of the season.

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
IMHO there were a few selection issues in View's backline that took to the field against Joeys in rd 1 that hadn't been ironed out during the trials.

After their 2nd half pasting at Joeys' hands, O'Reilly was promoted to wing, Pirina moved to inside centre and Hurley to fullback. Apart from the last 1 1/2 games when Pirina has been injured and Smeallie has been his able replacement at #12, View has fielded a settled and strong backline of Noonan, McGregor, Mete, Pirina, Terry, O'Reilly and Hurley since rd 2 that has been at least the equal of their opposition.

Noonan, new to the school, understandably took a while to settle and has in recent weeks been going from strength to strength. Some of View's set piece tries have been fantastic eg. their first tries against New and Joeys (2nd rd).

In the forwards View would love to have first choices Hancock, Gehrig, Todhunter and Archer (only now working his way back) available and their inclusion would probably have seen View higher placed.

View is, of course, not Pat Malone in the team rehab stakes at this end of the season.
A few Newington backs battling injuries. One out for potentially 2 to 3 weeks (the season).

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Tips for the week.

Joeys in another nail biter
Scots by the biggest blow out of the year.
Riverview comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.