• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
maybe its not a case of being under resourced its just that other schools chose to "over resource" their 1sts to the detriment of the entire school rugby program. Looking back at AAGPS records it was only a few years back when Shore performed very well before the landscape changed.

Can Not in Straight tell us how the other A and B teams perform against other schools? I would hazard a guess that they are competitive.

funny how everything points to 2006

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Not in straight . You might be right, don't know him

I was just going by his employment history as documented on the web

Either way , shore has really moved towards being more academic. And I am not commenting on that being right or wrong

No doubt in the long run most benefit from a good atar .MORE than sporting memories

Either way agree Wallace is a champion, so if he is under resourced that would be a shame . And you wAnt to hang onto people like him

Re shore 15as they have a few backing up for lindfield big Sunday game?

Or have they stopped playing club . Eg Farr-jones junior?

I don't know about the under 15's. Cant comment.

But its a bit of a myth about Shore not allowing boys to play club. Plenty of them play for Clubs - particularly younger kids. So the F-J boy might be playing.

Its just the GPS squad where there are issues, and discouraged.

My boy was given the green light to play club & state champs.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
maybe its not a case of being under resourced its just that other schools chose to "over resource" their 1sts to the detriment of the entire school rugby program. Looking back at AAGPS records it was only a few years back when Shore performed very well before the landscape changed.

Can Not in Straight tell us how the other A and B teams perform against other schools? I would hazard a guess that they are competitive.

Well I can tell you the 2nd's and 3rds are both having reasonable comps this year. Had 2 very close results for the 2nds against Joesy and New gone Shore's way they would now be leading or have a Share of it. 2014 seconds were in with a chance of a shared title up till the last game.

As for the other age groups, Im not too sure. Apparently 15's are struggling but the other ages are all ok. Some other Shore parents might be better informed in relation to other ages.

I am going to have more to say on the other thread, I dont want another yellow card.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
Not in Straight - earlier today you quite emphatically posted that 'Shore is NOT a selective school'.

I'm not wanting to get into an argument here but i beg to differ. In almost every possible interpretation of the word 'selective' bar two (academic and rugby) Shore is clearly selective as are the other GPS schools. I think you are using a very narrow and assumed interpretation of the word selective.

Ironically, therefore, great compliments to Shore that despite this 'non academic selectivity' they seem to have tremendous academic success. Shame it doesn't wash over to the rugby! Both situations could be argued to be secondary derivatives of other areas of selectivity if there is such a word!

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Just wondering if you are still planning to upload a copy of the Scots v Joeys game,looking forward to seeing it

Yes, definitely want to share this one with you... here it is [4th attempt], had to use a different site to get around the red-tape which was blocking me uploading videos more than 15mins long.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Not in Straight - earlier today you quite emphatically posted that 'Shore is NOT a selective school'.

I'm not wanting to get into an argument here but i beg to differ. In almost every possible interpretation of the word 'selective' bar two (academic and rugby) Shore is clearly selective as are the other GPS schools. I think you are using a very narrow and assumed interpretation of the word selective.

Ironically, therefore, great compliments to Shore that despite this 'non academic selectivity' they seem to have tremendous academic success. Shame it doesn't wash over to the rugby! Both situations could be argued to be secondary derivatives of other areas of selectivity if there is such a word!

Ok Providence,

On that basis every school is selective in some manner or form. Kempsey High School would of course be highly selective and ONLY take students from Kempsey, to the disappointment of those from say Port Macquarie who are excluded.

Yes Shore is selective in that it favors sons of old boys, and obviously favors familys that have the means to pay for an education. Beyond that it only selects time of enrollment and place in the waiting list.

But it is not selective for academic admission. never has been. It clearly states it aim to be the leading Comprehensive school in Australia. They have many boys with various leaning difficulties.

The difference between Shore and other GPS Schools is that Some of these school will facilitate and make available places at the school for boys who are elite sportsman.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
Agreed. But perhaps it should be considered that the second point in your second paragraph, ie time of enrollment, is the most selective part of all for all schools. This policy genuinely narrows the demographic of children and can't be considered constructive or positive for a school i wouldn't have thought.

As i have said previously this has created issues for Shore and other schools. Some have addressed this some have not.

Re your last point your inference is that the 'difference' is singular. The differences are multiple but not for discussion here.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)

Here is how their A teams are performing:
4 wins from 34 games; 324pts for v 1049 against

Attachments

• shoretable.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 316

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
SDW, you must be going back along way in history.

Tim Wright was at All Saints College Bathurst for quite a few years.

All Saints do play Rugby in all age groups, Its only a small school and competes in a lower tier comp. I note one of their recent boys got a call up to the NSW Country side.

Shore is NOT a selective school, and yes I do think this headmaster is very focused on academic results. But that's the main reason we send our kids there.

I can tell you participation in sport is encouraged even in year 12 students who can elect not to play.

I think they have the balance right.

And I think Dr Wright spends a lot more time being a Headmaster and a Lay Preacher than he does building/developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.