• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Well we all know it won't be the first time you've been wrong. It's time to give that overused wrist a rest.;)

Interesting little statistic based on the updated tipping table Azzuri.
You have predicted a defeat 9 times for Scots when they have in fact won.
If you had tipped Scots you would have gained an additional 18 points and be just 4 points below me on the table :) rather than in 13th place!! .......I am in 3rd spot by the way...........funny how these things work.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting little statistic based on the updated tipping table Azzuri.
You have predicted a defeat 9 times for Scots when they have in fact won.
If you had tipped Scots you would have gained an additional 18 points and be just 4 points below me on the table :) rather than in 13th place!! ...I am in 3rd spot by the way.....funny how these things work.

I will always be above you Wristman. Since you love statistics so much I suggest you get onto the AAGPS website and have a look how many times Scots have won the AAGPS rugby premiership compared to Kings ....funny how these things work

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
I will always be above you Wristman. Since you love statistics so much I suggest you get onto the AAGPS website and have a look how many times Scots have won the AAGPS rugby premiership compared to Kings ..funny how these things work

I prefer to live in the present not the past Azzuri.......but reminisce if you will.....

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Azzurie, your impact on this forum,which is both bloody funny and intelligent, is note by this wet behind the ears new comer, as are many other combatants.Very interested on your thoughts re my comments on the 13s-16s weekly results updates for both GPS and CAS! and a final for the age groups between the comps,and added profile etc!

I could agree more, there needs to a whole school rundown of results from the 13Gs to the 11th XV and 12XVs. This is done with precise and well organised detail amongst all UK Rugby playing rugby schools.

Queensland GPS results also are featured from the 13Fs to the 6th XV results. I therefore encourage the moderators of Green & Gold to embark upon this wonderful concept of Public Relations for schoolboy rugby.

A further suggestion is also to establish a Victorian Schools site as the quality of Victorian Rugby at U/16,u/18(Schools) and U/20 representative level is at times equal to that of the other traditional rugby playing states.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Scots have the pressure of sole leadership weighing heavily on their young impressionable minds with three games to go. Every team they will come up against in the run home is a more than genuine chance of cutting them off at the knees. Your present tense could become past tense quite quickly.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I
I could agree more, there needs to a whole school rundown of results from the 13Gs to the 11th XV and 12XVs. This is done with precise and well organised detail amongst all UK Rugby playing rugby schools.

Queensland GPS results also are featured from the 13Fs to the 6th XV results. I therefore encourage the moderators of Green & Gold to embark upon this wonderful concept of Public Relations for schoolboy rugby.

A further suggestion is also to establish a Victorian Schools site as the quality of Victorian Rugby at U/16,u/18(Schools) and U/20 representative level is at times equal to that of the other traditional rugby playing states.
B & W mod support is not required to set up such a thread if that is your interest. If you want to set up a thread to discuss/promote or otherwise postulate on all things U16 and below and Victorians schools etc it's very easy to do on this site. Click on the "post new thread" tab on the schools page and you're ready to go.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Gentlemen & Rugby Witch, & any other good peoples,

I would like to put together a Photo Gallery of the 2016 AAGPS Rugby season.

I can create a place in the cloud that anyone can upload photos to and we all can view. I could make a link available from a special Photo Galley Thread.

I have photos of all the Shore Matches, and I know LG has all the Joeys matches and hopefully he might contribute some of his best.

Is there anyone else with any photos or know someone who regularly takes photos at matches that might be will to share some of their best snaps??

I often see year 7 kids taking photos with equipment worth more than the fees at the school, there must be some really great photos out there and would be nice to put them all in a central gallery.

It would be good if we had more, Kings Scots, Riverview & Newington photos . And some good seconds and thirds pics as well.

Perhaps we could include photo of the year in the G&G awards.

I dont want hundreds of photos, just a few of the very best from each of the games.

Anyway, if there is interest or otherwise please let me know by forum discussion or PM me, and I will get moving to set it up.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Azzuri and NIS,

I understand your severe reservations on the age "grand finals" between the GPS and CAS, as it has never happened, needs head of school support etc.
BUT all things start somewhere, and I am sure that the ARU reads this thread, everybody in union you speak to has at least heard of Green and Gold Rugby.

Everyone I have ever spoken to thinks this is a good idea, and NIS there would be a lot of spectators interested in this.

Like all new ideas it needs to be developed and then SOLD otherwise let's not bother talking about the declining numbers in Junior Rugby.
ALL the relevant bodies could be enticed if the concept was fleshed out and trialled 1 year, what harm could that do, answer = NONE.

I think it is the responsibility of the ARU to either do something here themselves, or have another body, take control.
Of course this could also involve the wider public school system, perhaps in their own tournament, and indeed the QLD schools likewise.

Money could be generated from this and used wisely for good causes, which would draw good publicity for the game.

JUST TRYING!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Azzuri and NIS,

I understand your severe reservations on the age "grand finals" between the GPS and CAS, as it has never happened, needs head of school support etc.
BUT all things start somewhere, and I am sure that the ARU reads this thread, everybody in union you speak to has at least heard of Green and Gold Rugby.

Everyone I have ever spoken to thinks this is a good idea, and NIS there would be a lot of spectators interested in this.

Like all new ideas it needs to be developed and then SOLD otherwise let's not bother talking about the declining numbers in Junior Rugby.
!

It's sounds like this is an issue you are passionate about so I would urge you to set up a thread to discuss it specifically as this thread is designed to focus traffic on the AAGPS opens Comp and associated wanging. (See the instructions above in my response to Black and White)

I guarantee you that any public school parent you speak to who has a son that plays rugby won't think it's a good idea to concentrate even more power, resources and effort in building a super private school Comp rather than broadening rugby's base and making things a little more egalitarian.

I've made my views pretty clear on the subject of a combined private school Comp on page 138 in post # 2753 on this thread so I won't bore everyone again by repeating them.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Azzuri and NIS,

ALL the relevant bodies could be enticed if the concept was fleshed out and trialled 1 year, what harm could that do, answer = NONE.

I think it is the responsibility of the ARU to either do something here themselves, or have another body, take control.
Of course this could also involve the wider public school system, perhaps in their own tournament, and indeed the QLD schools likewise.

Money could be generated from this and used wisely for good causes, which would draw good publicity for the game.

JUST TRYING!

this is school boy sport played for its own sake. the schools are not rugby academies for the ARU, contrary to some marketing

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Understand about the prime subject matter here is GPS rugby, so won't labour my point.

I did include/mention a broader application for public and QLD teams, so the whole junior game could be energised, certainly not just a private school focus.

It is the CONCEPT that I am floating here for a body to think through, I don't see many/any other ideas being developed, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, enough said by me.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
I've never understood the reticence of both the AAGPS and CAS to recognise the the sub opens comps. IMO it's part obstinance, part tradition, part self interest. If you are holding a competition between teams then why would you deny the best team recognition of their superiority in the form of premiership trophy?

Alas that's not the way it is in the AAGPS world or CAS and frankly I can't see it being easily changed for all the reasons I mention above. Unfortunately agitating with the ARU, heads of schools etc would be an excercise in self flaggelation.

Regardless of the fact the schools don't endorse competitions outside the 1st,2nds and 3rds. The logistics of running a table for many of the age groups is near on impossible - other to say SJC wins plenty of them by virtue they are the only team in that grade.

I dont have every schools depth at hand but i suspect the easy ones are - SJC wins 10ths, 11ths, 12ths, U16F, U16G, U16H, U15F, U15G, U14G, U13H.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Regardless of the fact the schools don't endorse competitions outside the 1st,2nds and 3rds. The logistics of running a table for many of the age groups is near on impossible - other to say SJC wins plenty of them by virtue they are the only team in that grade.

I dont have every schools depth at hand but i suspect the easy ones are - SJC wins 10ths, 11ths, 12ths, U16F, U16G, U16H, U15F, U15G, U14G, U13H.

Suspect SJC would figure prominently in any tabling of results of lower grades and U13-U16

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I
B & W mod support is not required to set up such a thread if that is your interest. If you want to set up a thread to discuss/promote or otherwise postulate on all things U16 and below and Victorians schools etc it's very easy to do on this site. Click on the "post new thread" tab on the schools page and you're ready to go.

Thanks Azzuri, I shall take your advice and seek to establish such sites.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I've never understood the reticence of both the AAGPS and CAS to recognise the the sub opens comps. IMO it's part obstinance, part tradition, part self interest. If you are holding a competition between teams then why would you deny the best team recognition of their superiority in the form of premiership trophy?

But they aren't "holding a competition between teams", which is the correct way to go IMO.

Junior rugby should be about learning skills in a competitive environment. There's far too much emphasis on "winning competitions" in the younger age groups in club land and nowhere near enough emphasis on coaching players.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
But they aren't "holding a competition between teams", which is the correct way to go IMO.

Junior rugby should be about learning skills in a competitive environment. There's far too much emphasis on "winning competitions" in the younger age groups in club land and nowhere near enough emphasis on coaching players.
I agree with the sentiment QH, but the boys involved very much believe they are playing in a competition and can tell you where each team in their age group sits, including for and against required to split teams on even points. Arguably if they are going to construct a table anyway, it wouldn't hurt to have one provided and it wouldnt have to be at the expense of maintaining the emphasis you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.