• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Aaaahhhhh, Saturday dawns. Fine, clear, a light zephyr wafting in, pie ovens warming up, tom sauce bottles topped up, jerseys pressed and folded, stray socks located, mouth-guards rinsed and packed

Gawd I love Saturdays! Just LOVE them!

Have another grand day out, all you lads that're playing. Go hard, go well. And to the rest, see Yers all with big smiles on the sidelines

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Team Lists for New v View 1's, as printed

image.jpg

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Sauce or NO sauce?..
Why would anyone flood the delicate flavours of the Chicken pesto pies sold at St Ignatius with sauce?

827687-aussie-meat-pie-and-sauce.jpg
Arrrrfgghhh, FFS, Chicken and Pesto Pies???. Clearly the "Hairdresser of Pies" and aimed at galvanising the support of players with jerseys numbered 9 through 15 in the POTY voting. If you look carefully @Joker that's not sauce, it's lip gloss.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^^
Agreed, Az. Chicken & Pesto would rank alongside 'Curry Chicken' as a wanna-be "on trend" pie flavour, but not every main course dinner is worthy of making it into a quality pie crust.

Due to the absence of any creditable POTY contender coming out of the Newington College bakehouse, I kick-started my own Gastronomic Tour today with the Newington Rugby Dad's BBQ "Big Newie". I'll therefore have no more need for extra protein before hitting up The Kings School equivalent during the 3's match at lunchtime.

For those attending the 1's at NC this afternoon, and who're hankering for a baked item rather than a big burger, there is a worthy possibility close by to the College. A short sashay away down Stanmore Road (@ Cnr of Wemyss St.) there's the delightful "Petiterie" Cafe and they serve up a sensational Beef Guinness number. There's also a Beef Burgundy job too. Neither qualifiy as a POTY contender as it's not provided from the NC campus, but for those "in need" I reckon it'll hold you until you can next make it across to Northbridge.

And gee, I hope the Northbridge authorities have heeded the warnings from last week about 'lack of supply'. Could be molto trouble out there this arvo if they haven't.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Team lists for the 1s out at Nth Parra, as published.

Dylan Pietsch in at 8, and Rhys Millar at OC for Kings look to be the changes to the run-on side that played against Scots here a fortnight ago. And for Scots, big Tom Yassmin comes onto the Right Wing.

image.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Arrrrfgghhh, FFS, Chicken and Pesto Pies???. Clearly the "Hairdresser of Pies" and aimed at galvanising the support of players with jerseys numbered 9 through 15 in the POTY voting. If you look carefully @Joker that's not sauce, it's lip gloss.

The appearance of chicken pies (with or without pesto) should be enough to disqualify View from POTY competition. :)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
The appearance of chicken pies (with or without pesto) should be enough to disqualify View from POTY competition. :)

In breaking news from View, my spies tell me that the aforementioned Chicken Pie with Pesto has been renamed "The Angus Beef Surprise with Exotic Garden Herbs" in a cynical attempt to enter the POTY through the backdoor! Swabs will need to be taken in addition to the stewards inquiry as it's clear some people will stop at nothing!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
In breaking news from View, my spies tell me that the aforementioned Chicken Pie with Pesto has been renamed "The Angus Beef Surprise with Exotic Garden Herbs" in a cynical attempt to enter the POTY through the backdoor! Swabs will need to be taken in addition to the stewards inquiry as it's clear some people will stop at nothing!

Thin end of the wedge Next there'll be vegetarian pies at the rugby - barbrarians at the gates.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Scores from Nth Parra:

16A's: Kings with a conversion after the siren. 14-13. Great scenes afterwards
3's: Kings up in a tight affair, 17-12.
2's: unfinished, w/ 10'(?) to go, Scots up 5 pies to 2, 32-10

Status
Not open for further replies.