• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Nothing to do with the team.
They don't need the cheap rubbish to win games.
It is a huge relief that my chosen team don't play in a higher grade.

It's a pretty contentious issue. I know for a fact that every school has been cracking down on the war cry issue in recent times, and making sure that anything that is chanted is fair and reasonable.

You could make an argument for the majority of the war cries of a few schools breaching the AAGPS Code of Conduct, but I don't think it's a real issue. If either the school, or the players on the pitch were taking offence, I'm sure it would have been sorted out already.

gps_pilfs

Bob McCowan (2)
Unbelievable game out at Lane Cove today. Shore really shocked View in the first half with some solid defence and managed attack, with View making far too many errors. However the turn around by the Blue & White in the second astounded me; easily some of the best schoolboy rugby tries I have ever witnessed in my time. Forwards were unstoppable: in particular Silk, Rorke and Fenn who are near impossible to bring down.

Huge huge game next weekend against Kings.

Well said Byron, beautiful game of footy today. Shore's backs looked deadly at times, but the game was won in the middle of the pitch. Rorke is a real talent. Its an absolute joy to watch a hard hitting 6 in such good form, he could push for some high representative honours in years to come.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can't think of last time joeys lost on the same day 1sts, 2nds, 3rds and 16as

The competition is wide open with next weekend featuring top of the table clash (view v kings) , joeys v scots ... Which is usually good ... And then a seemingly unlikely bottom of the table clash of newington and shore

Be curious to know who is leading 16s comp ... As that seems wide open ... Surprised that scots won today ... Assuming they are still missing their star backs

️Re newington ... I think Bailey Simmison (sic) is a freakish player, but today he seemed to be trying to do it all solo, whereas scots seemed to play more as a team

Either way will be v interested to see how scots go next week ... Will billy smith still be out ... ?

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)

The competition is wide open with next weekend featuring top of the table clash (view v kings) , joeys v scots . Which is usually good . And then a seemingly unlikely bottom of the table clash of newington and shore

Be curious to know who is leading 16s comp . As that seems wide open . Surprised that scots won today . Assuming they are still missing their star backs

️Re newington . I think Bailey Simmison (sic) is a freakish player, but today he seemed to be trying to do it all solo, whereas scots seemed to play more as a team

Either way will be v interested to see how scots go next week . Will billy smith still be out . ?

Re u16s this year with several key players injured for their schools along with boys playing opens instead of u16s its hard to gauge what schools will be standouts in the next couple of years.
I was very surprised as well that scots beat newington today but I believe newington also had injuries, they were my pick to win the 16s this year,that said scots forwards dominated kings last week as well as newington today so surely on those performances Scots can get a couple of forwards/players in the upcoming rep teams .

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Clearly your on the Money, Quick Hands, since 2010 Newington have secured 4 premierships. Now it appears our golden age in GPS Rugby is coming to an end. Its immensely disappointing, particularly as so much hard work has gone into raising the standard of Rugby at the School. Only, 10 years ago our rugby was only marginally better than Grammar. So with a disappointed heart I am predicting that Shore, will defeat Newington in Round One. So unless Lazarus can rise from the dead, it will be for us New Supporter's " Our winter of Discontent".

I haven't seen them play this year, but from the scores, it seems that they can score points, but let far too many in. In three games they've scored over 80 points, but yet to win one.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Newington are a joke this year.
Care to elaborate and share the joke?
@ruggernut, in the next 24 hours please come up with a rational comprehensive argument to support your hypothesis so forcefully articulated in your original post.

Green and Gold Rugby is not Facebook or snapchat. Either justify your view or stop wasting our time with your simplistic posts.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
All the 3's Round 2 info from AAGPS Rugby Results page. Likely, Father Jim may need a few more Rounds to sort out probables and possibles for 2016!

image.jpg

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)

The competition is wide open with next weekend featuring top of the table clash (view v kings) , joeys v scots . Which is usually good . And then a seemingly unlikely bottom of the table clash of newington and shore

Be curious to know who is leading 16s comp . As that seems wide open . Surprised that scots won today . Assuming they are still missing their star backs

️Re newington . I think Bailey Simmison (sic) is a freakish player, but today he seemed to be trying to do it all solo, whereas scots seemed to play more as a team

Either way will be v interested to see how scots go next week . Will billy smith still be out . ?

Joeys won the 2nds although i'm not sure that will be cause for celebration at HH.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Joeys won the 2nds although i'm not sure that will be cause for celebration at HH.

I guess not, although they opened the scoring with a cracking try from deep in their own half. Sadly I didn't have the video gear set up so didn't record it :mad:. The right wing beat his man on the outside and ran half the field with searing pace before cutting out the Kings no.15 with a pass back inside to his own fullback, also at full pace, to score.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
@ruggernut, in the next 24 hours please come up with a rational comprehensive argument to support your hypothesis so forcefully articulated I n your original post.

As they have been in a winning position and/or leading in all three matches, and as they've been able to score 80 points in those three matches and as the final scores in each match indicated that they were competitive, I doubt he'll be able to do so.:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 AAGPS Draw & Results for 1st XV, 2nd XV, and 3rd XV games

Round 1 7 May 16
1st XV – N 32 def by K 40, J 15 def by I 17, E 13 def by S 25
2nd XV – N 8 def by K 26, J 24 def by I 29, E 5 def by S 29
3rd XV -Trial 3 – N 7 def by K 14, E 7 def by S 22, J 29 def G 24, A 33 def H 0, I bye

R1 1st XV Scoring:
Try: Turner (N) 2, Helu (N), Duvall (N), Pietsch (K) 2, Brown (K), Anese (K), Osborne (K), Reilly (I), McTaggart (I), Lenehan (J), Rorke (J), Hedley (E), O'Beirne (S) 2, Crawford (S), Burnett (S)
Conv: Simmonson (N) 2, Brown (K) 3, Day (I), Lenehan (J) 2, Sinclair (E), Burnett (S)
Pen: Simmonson (N), Brown (K) 3, Day (I), Lenehan (J), Sinclair (E) 2, Burnett (S)
ref: Results Round 1 2016
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Results-Round-1-2016.docx

R1 Tipping Comp Winning Combo: KISKIS

Round 2 14 May 16
1st XV – K 31 def S 13, E 10 def by J 33, N 30 def by I 44
2nd XV – K 10 def by S 44, E 7 def by J 36, N 25 def I 22
3rd XV – Round 1 – K 17 def S 12, I 17 def by J 29, N 6 def H 0, A 35 def G 0, E bye

1st XV Table
K 4 pts, I 4 pts, S 2 pts, J 2 pts, N 0 pts, E 0 pts

2nd XV Table
S 4 pts, I 2 pts, J 2 pts, K 2 pts, N 2 pts, E 0 pts

3rd XV Table
A 2 pts, J 2 pts, N 2 pts, K 2 pts, S 0 pts, H 0 pts, I 0 pts, G 0 pts, E 0 pts

R2 1st XV Scoring:
Try: Pietsch (K) 2, Brown K (K), Steele-Park (K) , Crawford (S) 2, Haskins (E), Day (J) 2, Ryley (J), Jaffer-Williams (J), McTaggart (J), Smeallie (I) 2, Lenehan (I) 2, Terry (I) Fenn (I) , Duvall (N) 2, Miller (N), Turner (N), Gilfedder (N)
Conversion: Brown K (K) 4 , Sinclair (E), Day (J) 4, Lenehan (I) 4, Simonsson (N)
Pen: Brown K (K) , Burnett (S), Sinclair (E), Lenehan (I) 2, Simonsson (N)
Ref: Results Round 2 2016
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Results-Round-2-2016.docx

R2 Tipping Comp Winning Combo: KJISJNKJNA

Round 3 21 May 16
1st XV – K 24 def J 18, I 47 def E 21, S 36 def N 20
2nd XV – K 10 def by J 16, I 29 def E 12, S 32 def N 10
3rd XV – Round 2 - K 3 def by A 5, S 22 def J 21, H 12 def by E 36, I 7 def by G 28, N bye

1st XV Table
I 6 pts, K 6 pts, S 4 pts, J 2 pts, N 0 pts, E 0 pts

2nd XV Table
S 6 pts, I 4 pts, J 4 pts, K 2 pts, N 2 pts, E 0 pts

3rd XV Table
A 4 pts, J 2 pts, N 2 pts, K 2 pts, S 2 pts, G 2 pts, E 2 pts, H 0 pts, I 0 pts

R3 1st XV Scoring:
Try: Lynch (K), Brown N (K),Dowling (J), Day (J), Rorke (I) 3, Terry (I), Williams (I), Pirina (I), Smeallie (I), Edwards (E), Stinson (E), Joyce (E), Yassim (S), Gavin (S), Green (S), Ridley (S), Penalty Try (S), Simmonson (N) 2, Haldane (N), Duvall (N)
Conversion: Brown K (K), Day (J), Fahy (I) 5, Clarke (I), Sinclair (E) 3, Shannon (S) 4
Pen: Brown K (K) 4, Day (J) 2, Shannon (S)

Ref: Results Round 3 2016
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Results-Round-3-2016.docx

R3 Tipping Comp Winning Combo: KISJISASEG

Fixtures to Come
Round 4 28 May 16
1st XV – I v K, J v S, N v E
2nd XV – I v K, J v S, N v E
3rd XV – Round 3 – N v K, J v H, G v E, A v S, I bye

Round 5 4 Jun 16
1st XV – E v K, J v N, S v I
2nd XV – E v K, J v N, S v I
3rd XV – Round 4 – H v K, E v J, I v A, G v N, S bye

Round 6 18 Jun 16
1st XV – K v N, I v J, S v E
2nd XV – K v N, I v J, S v E
3rd XV – Round 5 – J v G, S v E, H v I, A v N, K bye

Round 7 23 Jul 16
1st XV – S v K, J v E, I v N
2nd XV – S v K, J v E, I v N
3rd XV – Round 6 – G v K, A v E, I v N, S v H, J bye

Round 8 30 Jul 16
1st XV – J v K, E v I, N v S
2nd XV – J v K, E v I, N v S
3rd XV – Round 7 – J v K, E v I, N v S, H v A, G bye

Round 9 06 Aug 16
1st XV – K v I, S v J, E v N
2nd XV – K v I, S v J, E v N
3rd XV – Round 8 – K v I, J v A, E v N, S v G, H bye

Round 10 13 Aug 16
1st XV – K v E, N v J, I v S
2nd XV – K v E, N v J, I v S
3rd XV – Round 9 – K v E, N v J, I v S, H v G, A bye

AAGPS Rep Calendar
18 Jun 16 Representative Teams Selected and announced on AAGPS website (7pm)
19 Jun 16 Representative Teams Uniform Issue, Training & Photographs
20 Jun 16 Representative Teams Training, Dinner
21 Jun 16 AAGPS 2nd XV v CAS 2nd XV, AAGPS 1st XV v CAS 2nd XV
23 Jun 16 1st XV, 2nd XV, 3rd XV Training
24 Jun 16 2nd XV v CHS 2nd XV, 1st XV v CHS 1st XV
25 Jun 16 NSWSRU Teams announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom