• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Runpasstackle

So you want Teams full of anomalies that put 100 points on others.

They are called representative teams not School first XV

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Didn't say that. Like the comp better comp. however skill level not to same standard. If you think otherwise far enough. But if you think skills are better. Comments weren't directed at level comp.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
A quick shout out to Father Jim of the 3's.

Word from the 'vine, Jim, is that the Scots lads have figured the necessary GPS 'triangulations' just fine, made it safely over the Range after some serious grazing in Scone enroute, and are now laying their heads down on the used egg carton mattresses spread around the sumptuous surrounds of the under-floor heated TAS Gym.

Word had spread that Grammar doing a 'lights out' at midnight before their Round 1 clash didn't work out too well, so there's a serious focus on getting some shut-eye 'round about now.

As these are the lads that 'survived' Glengarry as youngsters, 3-night solos in the warm embrace of the Kangaroo Valley in the dead of Winter, cold-as, wet-as, I reckon they'll probably sleep pretty well tonight and be ready to rock with TAS tomorrow.

Should be an absolute belter of a contest.

And Jim, if you haven't already, maybe you should make sure the TAS Dad's BBQ Quartermaster knows that the Scots lads have all been called on, win, lose or draw, to not leave town without first sampling " Father Jim's Famous Angus Sambo", and as 17-18yo's I can't imagine "1 sambo" will suffice. I'd not like to think of the possible crush of humanity if there's been any kind of underestimating of the lads in Blue & Gold, when too much is not nearly enough! :)

I hope that the New England Writers Festival(?) releases you early enough to attend the match (and the BBQ!). @ 12:15 kick-off, it's still an early-ish start!

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
A quick shout out to Father Jim of the 3's.

Word from the 'vine, Jim, is that the Scots lads have figured the necessary GPS 'triangulations' just fine, made it safely over the Range after some serious grazing in Scone enroute, and are now laying their heads down on the used egg carton mattresses spread around the sumptuous surrounds of the under-floor heated TAS Gym.

Word had spread that Grammar doing a 'lights out' at midnight before their Round 1 clash didn't work out too well, so there's a serious focus on getting some shut-eye 'round about now.

As these are the lads that 'survived' Glengarry as youngsters, 3-night solos in the warm embrace of the Kangaroo Valley in the dead of Winter, cold-as, wet-as, I reckon they'll probably sleep pretty well tonight and be ready to rock with TAS tomorrow.

Should be an absolute belter of a contest.

And Jim, if you haven't already, maybe you should make sure the TAS Dad's BBQ Quartermaster knows that the Scots lads have all been called on, win, lose or draw, to not leave town without first sampling " Father Jim's Famous Angus Sambo", and as 17-18yo's I can't imagine "1 sambo" will suffice. I'd not like to think of the possible crush of humanity if there's been any kind of underestimating of the lads in Blue & Gold, when too much is not nearly enough! :)

I hope that the New England Writers Festival(?) releases you early enough to attend the match (and the BBQ!). @ 12:15 kick-off, it's still an early-ish start!

Now I'm truly sad, CJ. I'm still stuck in Sydney. I had to cancel at the last moment for work reasons. I am also fearful. Not at the results, but at the sheer risk that the BBQ might not live up to expectations. I hope that the Scots boys are well rested (ahem). Not like one GPS visit I remember where a slab of the visiting team, so to speak, ended up at the pub the night before.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Clash of the round .. I'm excited!

Should be a cracker. View have two of their best returning from injury, and Kings confident after a convincing win over a solid Joeys team.

For me, the game will be won in the forwards. Kings have solid size and their defense is impeccable at times. If View can play like they did last week with their hard-running and crafty offloads, the front foot ball created will prove to be too much for Kings to handle out wide.

View by 7.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Now I'm truly sad, CJ. I'm still stuck in Sydney. I had to cancel at the last moment for work reasons. I am also fearful. Not at the results, but at the sheer risk that the BBQ might not live up to expectations. I hope that the Scots boys are well rested (ahem). Not like one GPS visit I remember where a slab of the visiting team, so to speak, ended up at the pub the night before.
Yes, Armidale has that aura for "touring" sides, where young men occasionally find themselves somewhat no longer "on task", but printing memorable moments just the same, as young blokes are want to do! Can't imagine the Coaches wouldn't be sympathetic in the warm-up drills. ;)

Word from the TAS Gym this morning is that a fresh 4 degrees and clear skies greeted the visitors.

Team lists as published, and thanks to 'Scoop' who's on the ground.

image.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I reckon that these cooler and wetter conditions will be to Newington's advantage against Shore today. The hotter conditions that have occurred over the previous 4 Saturdays would have been to Shore's advantage. The big boppas in the New pack won't tire as quickly in 16 degrees as they would in 26 degrees.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes, Armidale has that aura for "touring" sides, where young men occasionally find themselves somewhat no longer "on task", but printing memorable moments just the same, as young blokes are want to do! Can't imagine the Coaches wouldn't be sympathetic in the warm-up drills. ;)

Word from the TAS Gym this morning is that a fresh 4 degrees and clear skies greeted the visitors.

Team lists as published, and thanks to 'Scoop' who's on the ground.

View attachment 7897

:) CJ The weather forecast says presently 6.1 but feels like 0.8! Windy. Those westerlies! A few TAS names there that we know from last year

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So, time to judge View's entrant in the POTY....the Chunky Beef Extravaganza!
image.jpeg

And in news from the View BBQ... Today witnessed the release of their secret weapon. Not satisfied with bbqing an old hockey puck and serving it up as a steak sambo VIew have released the Angus Ribeye steak Sambo. For the princely price of $8 it's clearly pitched at Scots supporters.

nadine

Frank Row (1)
Newington 4ths won on the buzzer according to my brother - since my nephew plays for them (10-8 I think was the final score with a penalty goal to win). So finally got their first win of the season :)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
From FB. No score at this point: "A Scots Rugby XV enjoying the authentic Armidale experience, in a game against TAS: 8°C, raining, wind gusting to 67kph. Bloody cold out there."
Scots v Armidale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.