• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetjesus

Frank Row (1)
Marcus Blackburn was, and is a thorough Rugby gentleman.

The Joker appears to be just that.
Scots 2nd XV in 2014 was made up of the majority of the 2012 U16A team that did not lose a game. Exception was Jack Maddocks, current Easts 1st Grade and Australia U20 who refused to play for Blackburn. The team was coached by current coach Lee Morley who refused to coach under Blackburn the following year, preferring to coach 14As. That year, the 1st XV was stacked with 'imports'. Blackburn (who got booted from Randwick after 3 weeks) was not the coach - Wade Kelly was. Blackburn was only in it for his own glory and did a great job of demotivating the rugby ambitions of some very good players. Not sure what your definition of "rugby gentlemen" is - it does not apply to Blackburn.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Riverview v Kings -

Agree Riverview backs were the difference, particularly early on and made Kings 11, 12, 13 & 14 look very ordinary defensively. (They also had Kings backs pretty well covered all day in defence) If looking at tries scored against them, Kings may see an issue as points seem to have been leaked out wide and against Newington and Joeys, this allowed them to stay in the game. Its not so much missed tackles as bad defensive reads. A brilliantly worked set piece by Riv backs off the scrum, that cut straight through Kings centres, was looking like another try until called back only to see the ref award the scrum feed to Riv ?

Agree that Riverview's work at the ruck, not just forcing the turnovers but making life generally hard for Kings to get clean ball and retain phases was a significant factor in the win. Maybe a bit harsh that #6 & 7 for Kings wear all the blame. Can't agree Kings blew any clear opportunities. Kings 12 minutes before the break saw them edge back in the game and Riverview's forwards looking a bit spent from the effort they had put in. With the scores tied with less than a minute to go before the break, Kings allowing Riverview to score and convert was a coach killer. Besides Orpen #12 strong straight running, Kings seemed to be relying heavily on
Osborne #15 in the hope of impacting the scoreboard. He did it in fine style, first a cutting run of 60-70 metres, stopped 5 metres short. The turnover resulting, due to the lack of support. A short time later a clean pick up at the breakdown by Ozzie to score from 20 out had Kings on the front foot. Kings #10 did seem to be going sideways all day and then long passes from #9 to #12 only seemed to be cutting down space for Osborne to manipulate.

I thought the first half saw some really good rugby and when Kings got themselves back into it, capture the crowds attention. The second half a bit dour but as teams maybe sensed what was at stake. Riverview played a bit more conservatively to hold the lead and Kings having to push things, leading to errors and turnovers. Riverview were very solid. Smeallie's two try effort and looking dangerous whenever with the ball was MOTM performance. Terry, Easy and Pirina had their opponents covered. Riverview's 6,7 & 8 as suggested won the breakdown but forward honours apart from that were shared. Actually thought N. Brown for Kings stood out amongst the forwards. Hit ups and yards gained. Peitch tried all day but Riverview seemed to watch him closely. Lombardi was by far the best of the Kings front three. Final score should have looked worse for Kings.

Hombre

Frank Row (1)
If that be the case, it must be Brian Smith. Was petulant as a player, is petulant as a .

Nice work, just cue Der Ring des Nibelungen

I was next to smith when he stood up to yell at the boys. No rude words but pointless statements like "tighten up" and "they're gonna run it"
The boys couldn't hear him and looked confused and distracted.
Made him look like an amateur.
I think he was rattled all game. No one told him it was indigenous round and joeys beat him to the punch with the gestures. Ie jafferwilliams lead the boys out, scoreboard images of indigenous joeys boyd

Jean Pierre Rives

Frank Row (1)
I thought that this was an excellent summation of the game OAHI, however I would add that I thought that View's tight 5 were dominant in the scrum and Kings were more clinical in the lineout.
Tough day out for the View No.9 as well - had to deal with a lot of pressure all week and then a lot of attention during the game.

Great game overall.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought that this was an excellent summation of the game OAHI, however I would add that I thought that View's tight 5 were dominant in the scrum and Kings were more clinical in the lineout.
Tough day out for the View No.9 as well - had to deal with a lot of pressure all week and then a lot of attention during the game.

Great game overall.

While you are correct that on balance View got the upper hand at scrum time It was closer to a 55-45 ..... (After watching the full video) All I know is there are 5 very fired up Kings forwards who I know are very keen to even the score when Kings host View.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Far be it from me to be the voice of moderation but haven't we done the coach character assassination to death?

Agree. Is starting to sound a lot like sour grapes from supporters of losing side, sour because they were outplayed in many facets of game especially scrum

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
And who are these people anyway. Seems a few only signed up on Saturday. Could it be it is same person who has signed up multiple profiles

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
And who are these people anyway. Seems a few only signed up on Saturday. Could it be it is same person who has signed up multiple profiles

Trolls me thinks....

trolls.jpg

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Are you related to him @NIS.???;) .have lost count the number of times you've promoted him!

No he's not mine. But I suspect there is a proud Dad lurking on this forum.

I don't have any skin in the front row game. @Azzuri you seem particularly attuned to all things up front.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
COACHES
  1. All coaches (and particularly those who are not on the teaching staff) should ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations and practices of the school in which they are coaching. Coaches should remember that school sport plays an important role in a boy’s education and is for the benefit of boys rather than adults.
  2. Coaches should teach sound sportsmanship along with games skills; chivalrous conduct is an important element of school sport.
  3. Coaches are asked to bear in mind that even senior school students need guidance; make clear the school’s expectations regarding courtesies, punctuality, behaviour and dress.
  4. Leadership and responsibility on the part of the captain should be encouraged. Coaches should refrain from running every detail or interjecting from the sidelines.
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/about/code-of-practice/

Status
Not open for further replies.