• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

NSW Shadow Players chosen for CS

Bo Abra; Ben O'Sullivan; Matthew Orpen; Lachlan Day; Edward Fry

NSW Shadow Players

T. Anstey CAS, M.Coghill CAS, B.Abra ISA, S.Ridley GPS, M.Douglas ISA, E.Fry CHS, B.O’Sullivan CAS, M.Basson CAS, D. Chipizubov ISA, B.Quenzle GPS, B. Hollingsworth-Dessent CAS, M.Orpen GPS, C.Shepherd CHS, L.Day GPS, B.McAndrew ISA

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
National Championships 4th - 9th July

Green and Gold reporting

The National Championships start next Monday, July 4th at Riverview, and end on Saturday 9th July.

I am putting this post in a few threads in the hope I can cast a bigger net.

Depending on how many writers volunteer to help, we will try to write brief reports on all the Division I matches. These will be played on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The schedule for Div I matches is:

Monday 4th July
10:00am - NSW II v WA
11:30am - Vic v Qld I
1:00pm - ACT v NSW I
2:30pm - Qld II v Combined States

Wednesday 6th July
10:00am - NSW I v CS
11:30am - Qld I v WA
1:00pm - Qld II v ACT
2:30pm - NSW II v Vic

Thursday 7th July
10:00am - Vic v WA
11:30am - CS v ACT
1:00pm - Qld I v NSW II
2:30pm - NSW I v Qld II

Saturday 9th July - Finals Day
9:00am - 7th place playoff
10:15am - 5th place playoff
11:30pm - 3rd place playoff
12:45pm - Championship match

I will probably be able to write two games per day, but I would rather not because I will have to edit the work of a few inexperienced writers as well, which takes a lot of time; so I hope some people can share the load.

So if you are going to the Championships during the week and would like to write please tell me which day, and which game you would like to report on.

Since most writers will be NSW supporters they may wish to write reports on games that involve NSW - but others have said that they'd rather write on one of the other games so they can concentrate on the NSW matches.

So I hope that some will offer to write on any game and be able to get there early.

I hope some people are able to write on the first two games on Thursday morning because it usually takes me until the early hours to finish my work from the day before, and I may not be able to be at the ground in time that day.

If you are able to attend and to write on a couple of games during the week please let me know here and I will give you some guidelines.

One of them will be that the reports will be just 350 words long; so it is just half as big an ask as for the normal 700 word report we do every weekend for the CAS and GPS matches.

I understand that people have to work so there is no need to advise that you can't contribute.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
No games today, if anyone has withdrawal syndrome here is the full footage of Joeys defeating Riverview on 18 June, condensed to 47mins.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
NSW Shadow Players chosen for CS

Bo Abra; Ben O'Sullivan; Matthew Orpen; Lachlan Day; Edward Fry

NSW Shadow Players

T. Anstey CAS, M.Coghill CAS, B.Abra ISA, S.Ridley GPS, M.Douglas ISA, E.Fry CHS, B.O’Sullivan CAS, M.Basson CAS, D. Chipizubov ISA, B.Quenzle GPS, B. Hollingsworth-Dessent CAS, M.Orpen GPS, C.Shepherd CHS, L.Day GPS, B.McAndrew ISA

FYI, Mr Jarse, and Mr Grant, young Mr Ridley is another member of the "Carter family", namely Sam's cousin, and David's nephew!!

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
This is not "strictly" a GPS shout out, sorry, nor even a CAS reference.

But the matches out at the National Champs today at Iggies (see, there was some kind of a AAGPS reference!) showcased close-as and about as fairly good, as it gets. Just say'n.

The 2x NSW teams went well. The 1's winning in a heart-stopper, with a try at the death over the ACT, who were abundant and well-deserving... right up until "Ozzy" Osbourne (Kings - and anuzzer AAGPS reference!) went in, right on death's door.

And for those interested, ACT (who NSW1 beat ever so narrowly), and Vic; well, they are not just there to varnish some NSW / QLD polish-your-knobs, silverware. Those roosters have turned up to play!

So, if you're not broke (post-Brexit), or dying (huge sympathy), can I commend that you get along on Wed and Thrs, and the Finals on Sat - unless of course you're bio-degradable and will perish in the unseemly predicted inclemency - so bring a brolly, but do come along!

'later
CJ

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
6 Schoolboys from the GPS: McTaggart (J), Jaffer-Williams (J), Wilkinson (J), Helu (N), Osborne (K), Suttor (E)

6 Baa-baas from the GPS: Orpen (K), Pietsch (K), Osborne (I), Rorke (I), Rixon (E), Serhon (N)

One extra player to be added in August. Terry, Fenn, Taukamo, Haskins all big names who miss out.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
6 Schoolboys from the GPS: McTaggart (J), Jaffer-Williams (J), Wilkinson (J), Helu (N), Osborne (K), Suttor (E)

6 Baa-baas from the GPS: Orpen (K), Pietsch (K), Osborne (I), Rorke (I), Rixon (E), Serhon (N)

One extra player to be added in August. Terry, Fenn, Taukamo, Haskins all big names who miss out.
Extra player! From where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyPurist

Bob McCowan (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.