• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marched Ten

Stan Wickham (3)
Mr. Azzuri,

Prepared to be infact marched 10 metres straight to the pies you so seem to love, the humble pie to be precise. First things first it would be as entertaining for NIS to see the beads of sweat running of the foreheads of the kings scoreboard attendants attempting to add a penalty conversion onto a try (those are some big numbers for kings boys). I have sat back and remained silent for some time, but my friend you have poked the bear. Secondly this forum isn't a court room and thirdly you are almost perceiving Shore to be a pushover this year, which couldn't be further from the truth. So how about we stick to what we know azzuri, like the meat pie review or something of that nature

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Mr. Azzuri,

Prepared to be infact marched 10 metres straight to the pies you so seem to love, the humble pie to be precise. First things first it would be as entertaining for NIS to see the beads of sweat running of the foreheads of the kings scoreboard attendants attempting to add a penalty conversion onto a try (those are some big numbers for kings boys). I have sat back and remained silent for some time, but my friend you have poked the bear. Secondly this forum isn't a court room and thirdly you are almost perceiving Shore to be a pushover this year, which couldn't be further from the truth. So how about we stick to what we know azzuri, like the meat pie review or something of that nature
image.jpeg

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Getting back to the rugby..
Any word on how the pitches have pulled up after the rain? I know Shore 1st XV has been training indoors.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Its a little known fact about Shore, but Shore is not actually the schools proper name.

Believe it or not, it is actually called Sydney Church of England Grammar School.

So its actually a church school founded by the church of England.

So you might expect the school to be populated by boys from family s descendant from that faith, which incidentally is very Anglo based.
Official name now Shore School - changed in early 2000's - my guess is their owners had a problem with the Church of England bit and really SAGS doesn't work.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Official name now Shore School - changed in early 2000's - my guess is their owners had a problem with the Church of England bit and really SAGS doesn't work.

Straight from Sydney Church of England Grammar School Website,

Perhaps it hasn't been updated recently since the change you talk about - but I am unaware of any change,
The School's Name

Whilst "Sydney Church of England Grammar School' is the School's official title, "Shore" is widely used and recognised in the community. The origin of this is clearly stated in the E.R.Holmes' book covering the history of the School's first sixty years (page 55).
"It was the boys themselves who invented 'Shore' in the earliest days of the School when...they had occasion to cheer their representatives in traditional sports." Finding it impossible to shout the full name and with 'Grammar' already in use by an older school, they shortened the officially termed 'North Shore' to the one-syllabled 'Shore'. Holmes concludes, "By convention 'Shore' is now the School's familiar and well-loved name". This is still the case and indeed for many people is the only identification.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The original name for Shore was "North Shore Grammar School". Easy to see how they adopted the shorter name "Shore".

Most other "Church of England" Grammar Schools, etc, have changed the CoE bit in their names to Anglican, I quite like SAGS. :D

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Mr. Azzuri,

If Bruce Jenner can identify as a woman who am I to stand in the way of you identifying as a bear. If that means you'll be wearing a boater, vest and no underwear to next weeks game at Nth Parra then so be it Humphrey.

Humphrey.jpg

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Sit back down in the witness box Mr NIS. You are not in a position to cross examine Counsel Azzuri.

You've been asked three very pertinent questions by Counsel. The Court has noted your reticence in replying and will accept your silence as tacit acceptance that you have no factual basis upon which to bring a claim to another 2 points in the GPS Premiership. This is not America Mr NIS, the 5th Amendment does not apply here.

The facts of this matter are indisputable Mr NIS and your attempt to divert the courts attention through your histrionics and thinly disguised cellar dweller jealousy has not endeared you to this court nor helped your case.

As a result of the above I find for Mr Azzuri and I order you to attend the JS White oval on Saturday week where the folly of your comments will be evidenced by the the beads of sweat on the score board attendants foreheads as they try to keep up with the Kings points harvest.

Your Honor, I have no choice but to appeal the matter to the District court of North Parramatta Saturday August 13 at 3:15 pm.

Yes we have no 5th amendment, Fortunately we have no 8th amendment either.

The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment.

The boys from North Sydney will have their instructions and "Show no mercy"

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Getting back to the rugby..
Any word on how the pitches have pulled up after the rain? I know Shore 1st XV has been training indoors.
Shore 3-6 grade athletics carnival today on shore main and it looked very wet before they started. Probably good for New if it's wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Your Honor, I have no choice but to appeal the matter to the District court of North Parramatta Saturday August 13 at 3:15 pm.

Yes we have no 5th amendment, Fortunately we have no 8th amendment either.

The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment.

The boys from North Sydney will have their instructions and "Show no mercy"

Thank you for your submission Mr NIS however Amendment VIII is not relevant to the matters before this Court. Your leave to appeal is therefore denied.

However as I have not rendered a final decision it's still open for me to refer this matter back into conciliation.

The conciliation hearing will be held at Nth Parramatta at 3:15pm on Saturday 13 August. I expect that during this meeting the matters in dispute between the parties will be fully resolved.

This matter is therefore adjourned for a formal report back on Monday 15 August at 9am.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
St Josephs College has a policy to accept children based upon many factors. There is a system in place where you have categories for entry. The highest is Level 1. (siblings at school, /grandfather father an old boy, Catholic, Active Parish participation, all sacraments up to date, Catholic primary School K-6, reference from Parish Priest)

The College then takes in levels below depending on what of the above elements are missing. They select 175 kids to interview from over 200 applications

The toughest part is the interview. An old Brother is usually asking questions directly of the student and NOT the parents. It is not questions you would expect. he challenges the boys to look into their hearts and reflect upon what they will contribute to Joeys that is NOT rugby.

My sons went through this process. Another boy I know well was recently accepted into Joeys for 2017. What is his level? 10

NO link to the school, NO old boy connection, Muslim, non participation, NO sacraments, State school, no reference. The College interviewed him and he was accepted. Why? As a Marist brother once told me, "Having just Vanilla ice-cream only is plain boring and adds nothing new. You need to add many other flavours to make it interesting and worthwhile." This boy will do well, as Joeys knows, that tolerance and acceptance of the world starts in your own home.
It sounds like the Joeys propaganda is making you feel unjustifiably satisfied. It is a private school in Hunters Hill which charges similar high fees and has less diversity than almost all other schools, so let's not pretend it's something different. The Marist culture is no more charitable and diverse to the religious cultures and enrolment processes found in most other GPS schools. If you can pay the money and jump through a few hoops, then parents can get kids into Joeys reasonably quickly.
Can the stealthy wealthy Hunters Hill team PLEASE beat the overtly wealthy and posh Bellevue Hill team tomorrow. The Joeys forwards will need to play like men possessed especially in the wet.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

I don't think that's right. I've received some reasonably recent correspondence from the school and top left corner of the page is the school badge, beside it in large font is SHORE and straight underneath in smaller font are the words Sydney Church of England Grammar School.

I suspect that they've also registered the name Shore and use both so as not to create confusion.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It sounds like the Joeys propaganda is making you feel unjustifiably satisfied. It is a private school in Hunters Hill which charges similar high fees and has less diversity than almost all other schools, so let's not pretend it's something different. The Marist culture is no more charitable and diverse to the religious cultures and enrolment processes found in most other GPS schools. If you can pay the money and jump through a few hoops, then parents can get kids into Joeys reasonably quickly.
Can the stealthy wealthy Hunters Hill team PLEASE beat the overtly wealthy and posh Bellevue Hill team tomorrow. The Joeys forwards will need to play like men possessed especially in the wet.

Joeys previous wet weather performance this year was fairly ordinary. If they employ the same tactics tomorrow, Scots will win easily.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm not sure where you think the mungo pathway leads.
Todd Greenberg addresses every toyota cup team every year and warns them that only 3 from each team will ever play in the NRL and we all know the average life span in the NRL is less than 1 season. So on average you'll have 3 who make the NRL one very briefly, one for a season and one for 2.
Thats not really a pathway its a chicane: so the idea of a mungo pathway is yet another myth.
In union you have to face reality sooner and that's generally better.

More like a cul-de-sac.:)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Joeys previous wet weather performance this year was fairly ordinary. If they employ the same tactics tomorrow, Scots will win easily.

Think it will be relatively dry track tomorrow @QH. BOM predicts less than 0.5 mm of rain, slightly overcast with light winds.

Never thought you'd hear me say this but..... GO JOEYS!!!!!!

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Agree on the earlier performances in more meteorologically challenging conditions than those expected tomorrow, but:
1. Some mere precipitation this week doesn't amount to the Noah's Ark conditions of a couple of the earlier Rounds, and
2. The JoeBoys backline don't look 'biodegradable' to me, so as others have opined, a Scots game-plan based on the simple notion of "denial" (of ball / possession) to those 'Mel Gibsons' (aka 'lethal weapons' ;)), seems pretty good to this particular rooster operating from the very cheap seats, and
3. The notion of an "easy win" (choose whatever synonym suits) at this stage of this year's Comp, seems almost laughable as to amount to 'hubris' (if you want to see a Scots win, which @QH, I'm not suggesting that you do), or 'putting the mocka on' (if you want to see a JoeBoys win, which again, I'm not suggesting).

Am expecting an 'epic' at Bellevue Hill from 3:15pm tomorrow, and worth all efforts of students (even those who knocked off a HSC Chem Trial today!), parents and family, friends, girlfriends and 'prospects', and as many Old Boys as can be garnered to attend.

Can't wait; should be spesh. Go hard you Brothers in Gold! :)
(And Az, pls post scores emanating from Nth Parra tmrw to save me phoning you all afternoon! ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.