• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
IMHO
Newington best 16As forwards
  1. Bell
  2. Icanovski
  3. Della Marta
  4. Janson
  5. Foley
  6. Dickens
  7. Duval
  8. Titmuss
Thru boys playing up and injury Newington can’t field this side But it would be a nice to have. New play left and right in the back row

waratahman

Bob McCowan (2)
IMHO
  1. Bell
  2. Icanovski
  3. Della Marta
  4. Janson
  5. Foley
  6. Dickens
  7. Duval
  8. Titmuss
Thru boys playing up and injury Newington can’t field this side But it would be a nice to have. New play left and right in the back row
RG what about the backs what is their best lineup and also what is the injury status of these players?

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
IMHO
  1. Bell
  2. Icanovski
  3. Della Marta
  4. Janson
  5. Foley
  6. Dickens
  7. Duval
  8. Titmuss

Della Marta and Foley have both been dropped to the B's

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Disappointing to hear of so many players injured across the age group from all schools.

Any news on the boys from Scots? I believe 3 of their backs were out; Strang, Mason and Savala.

Newington missing a few names that keep appearing in Presidents XV guestimates; Endemann and Ofahengue. Are they out for the season?

Joeys had a few out against Kings including Hooker Bouchier Centre Gascoigne and Dalton their half. Any news?

Kings lost Zakarian for the season ACL any other injuries?

View? or Shore updates?

We could select an awesome team from the hospital ward........

In 16s, tipping Kings over View, Joeys over Scots and New over Shore.

Will be some very interesting match ups in all games.

I reckon Shore will surprise their favoured opponents. If the Newington Backs don't click, I would suggest that a few of YG4HUNNID predictions for Rep selection fade.

Keen to see Scots v Joeys in the forwards.

Can View shut down the Kings Backs?

All players would be wise to bring their "A" game.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think that Daniel Darwall is one of the best open side flankers in Sydney, but from memory, he does not attend TKS. I think he attends an independent college in the Hills.

Darwall has been selected into AICES U16 team he will get his chance to show his worth at NSW U16 School Champs

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Disappointing to hear of so many players injured across the age group from all schools.

Any news on the boys from Scots? I believe 3 of their backs were out; Strang, Mason and Savala.

Newington missing a few names that keep appearing in Presidents XV guestimates; Endemann and Ofahengue. Are they out for the season?

Joeys had a few out against Kings including Hooker Bouchier Centre Gascoigne and Dalton their half. Any news?

View? or Shore updates?

We could select an awesome team from the hospital ward....

I reckon Shore will surprise their favoured opponents. If the Newington Backs don't click, I would suggest that a few of YG4HUNNID predictions for Rep selection fade.

Endemann to return next term I think that is the same for Ofengahue

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)

View? or Shore updates?

We could select an awesome team from the hospital ward....

Will be a good battle in forwards between scots and joeys with zylstra , Harris and WIlliams the standouts for scots who I believe are on the bench for the 2IV.

What surprises me in the names thrown around for rep teams is Ben Baker 2IV is not mentioned along with new player Brett Wellington who is playing 1IV this week but both can play Scots u16s. Seriously if those two backs can't make either rep team then I'm either a bad judge or somebody is not doing there job properly. I suggest the selectors have a good look at these two boys for themselves and then see if I'm a bad judge.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Seriously if those two backs can't make either rep team then I'm either a bad judge or somebody is not doing there job properly. I suggest the selectors have a good look at these two boys for themselves and then see if I'm a bad judge.

Well isn't this why G and G exists? for armchair selectors like us to ruminate and tell "them" where they went wrong! In the absence of information on who is playing up in 2nd XV or 1st XV, old farts like us will work with data to hand.

If the boys are playing up in Opens, I am sure they would be in the mix. Suspect the decision makers will be very busy at Hunters Hill tomorrow.

As always, any view opined here is one perspective, conflicted or not (doesn't really matter) but hopefully those who are the decision makers are far better placed!

So please continue to share so we all are better informed as to who is who in the zoo :D

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
My New thoughts After Round 3 for Presidents Team

Team 1)

1) McLennan (I) (Vice Captain)
2) Lock (K)
3) Bell (N)
4) Jansen (N)
5) Brown (K)
6) Pepper (K)
7) Harris (S)
8) Titmuss (N)
9) Dalton (J)
10) Lewis (N)
11) Dutalis (I)
12) Easy (I) (Captain)
13) Wellington (S)
14) Endemann (N)
15) Creagh (J)

Team 2)

1) Heaven (J)
2) Dombkins (J)
3) Zylstra (S)
4) Duvall (N)
5) Koopu (N)
6) Brown (K)
7) Scolari (J)
8) Harris (S)
9) Mcormack (N)
10) Bell (I)
11) Afeaki (N)
12) Minogue (K)
13) Gascosine (J)
14) Apps (K)
15) Glascott (I)

Sorry was a bit byast to Newington, here are my new thoughts.

R

Runpasstackle

Pretty clear your a Saul Lewis fan. Not sure if shore would be happy. However good luck.

R

Runpasstackle

Why do you say that?

Your reviews and selections. Also I see Bell in b's plays 1st and 2nds and scored a hatrick against joeys. ?? Just seems a bit strange bout your entitled to your opinion.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Any scores for the three 16As games, I am particularly interested how the Newington backline performed today.
Any information or reports deeply appreciated

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
Newington won 22-0 to shore.

Good game.

Stand outs of the game were Angus Bell (Prop) (N) and Lachlan Morgan (Winger) (N)

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington won 22-0 to shore.

Good game.

Stand outs of the game were Angus Bell (Prop) (N) and Lachlan Morgan (Winger) (N)

thanks Guys, clearly Shore have improved and this is good for GPS Rugby. Equally, View getting a win over Kings means this competition is wide open.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
My New thoughts After Round 3 for Presidents Team

Team 1)

1) McLennan (I) (Vice Captain)
2) Lock (K)
3) Bell (N)
4) Jansen (N)
5) Brown (K)
6) Pepper (K)
7) Harris (S)
8) Titmuss (N)
9) Dalton (J)
10) Lewis (N)
11) Dutalis (I)
12) Easy (I) (Captain)
13) Wellington (S)
14) Endemann (N)
15) Creagh (J)

Team 2)

1) Heaven (J)
2) Dombkins (J)
3) Zylstra (S)
4) Duvall (N)
5) Koopu (N)
6) Brown (K)
7) Scolari (J)
8) Harris (S)
9) Mcormack (N)
10) Bell (I)
11) Afeaki (N)
12) Minogue (K)
13) Gascosine (J)
14) Apps (K)
15) Glascott (I)

Sorry was a bit byast to Newington, here are my new thoughts.

Endemann is injured and hasn't played a single game this season and won't be playing until next term.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys beat scots 5-0
View beats kings 18-13

So after round 4:

1: Joeys 3 wins 1 loss
2: Kings 2 wins 1 draw 1 Loss
Newington 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss
4: Scots 2 wins 2 losses
Riverview 2 win 2 losses
6: Shore 4 losses (but looking competitive)

What a great Comp! Round 5 looking very interesting Joeys V New, Shore V Kings, Scots V View

2 great games next week. Joeys and New, Scots and View.

Love to hear about the Kings V View game!

Status
Not open for further replies.