• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyDomin8r101

Stan Wickham (3)
I thought he played well on the weekend but I tend to agree he would be bench at best. If the selectors follow the form of the GPS selectors, he wasn't deemed good enough to make the starting Presidents B team. This I think was a bit tough.

But give credit to the boys selected above him in the Presidents B team. The likes of Duval and Brown played well in a tight 5 who managed a load of work in the tight and also the loose!

I notice the Newington "Cheer squad" have been quiet on backline selections. I thought the Presidents A backline selections were on the mark.

I doubt selectors will follow the form of GPS selectors. Like i have said previously, it is player performance that will gain selection. I don't know if im blind or missing something, but Titmuss is bloody strong. I'm sure others will agree. If you are telling me the President B #8 from TAS is better than him, you're kidding yourself. He was one of President A's best. By far based on nsw trials, he is the #8 with Harris at #6. Most logical selection.

Duval was definitely the most standout player from the President B team, no doubt pushing for selection.

I consider myself part of the Newington "Cheer squad" and i have already given my input on the backline selection.

9. Chambers (CAS)
10. Ilas (CAS)/Walsh (ISA)
11. H-D (CAS)/Dutalis (GPS)
12. Easy (GPS)
13. Cameron (CAS)
14. CHS #14/ Byron (CAS)/ Hopoate (ISA)
15. Bell (GPS)/ Hopoate (ISA)

B

Backline_Move

@Backline Move, it seemed as though Douglas was originally announced at 5 for ISA. Did they switch him into 8 in place of Manu? If so, do you know why?

He did play a game there during the opens selections.

He will be the NSW u16's No 8.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I've always rated Max highly as a lock, though thought he had a bit of filling out to do as of late last year. Maybe he has. Haven't seen him play at 8, but there were some excellent 8s on display at Curagul incl 2 in Reimer and Titmuss who couldn't even crack a starting spot in their own teams. The selectors have an embarrassment of riches to choose from and if it's Max, full power to him. But I don't share your strong conviction this will be the outcome.

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
Just Saying that ISA and CCC have some very good players who may not have stoodd out but definitely deserve a shot

- ISA Max Lehman - Winger or Centre - (Sydney U14 2014, Manly Harold Matts 2016 and NSW U16 State of Origin side 2016).

- ISA Albert Hopoate - Winger, Fullback or Centre - ( Manly Harold Matts 2016 and NSW U16 State of Origin side 2016 (didnt play due to injury).

- ISA, Max Douglas - No 8 or Second Row - (Sydney U15 and U14 2015 and 2014)

- ISA, Harry Wilson - HalfBack or 5/8 - (Newington U13 and 14 and Captain Manly Harold Matts 2016)

- ISA, Freddy Lussick - Centre, Wing or Fullback (Manly Harold Matts)

-ISA?, Kyle Devine - Hooker - (Vice Captain of Sydeny 2014 and Hooker for Sydeny and NSW U15 2015 but pulled out because he made the Under 16 NSW Schoolboy team last year)

- ISA, Jack Walsh - 5/8 - (Sydney and NSW 5/8 2015)

- CCC, Ethan Kreigton - Centre - (Sydeny U14, Tigers Harold Matts 2015 and Penrith Harold Matts 2016).

- CCC, Spencer Leniu - Second Row or Back Row - (Penrith Harold Matts 2016 and Sydney 2014/15 and NSW under 15).

- CCC, Musika Lotoaniu - No 8 - (Sydney 2014/15 and 2015 CCC)

There are plenty of Others.

YG4HUNNID

Stan Wickham (3)
I am sure this will be no way near the mark.. As horse trading continues however here is my NSW team for what its worth.
1. GPS #1
2. CHS #2
3. CHS #3
4. GPS #4
5. ISA (Max Douglas who played 18s)
6. GPS #8
7. CHS #7
8. GPS#20
9. CAS #9
10. CAS #10
11. ISA #15 Runner not a ball player
12. CAS #12
13. GPS #12
14. CAS Byron played in 18s
15. GPS #15

16.GPS #2
17.GPS #3
18. CCC #1
19. CCC #4
20. ISA #10
21. CHS #14
22. ISA #13
23. CCC #8

Break Up
GPS 8
CAS 4
CCC 3
CHS 4
ISA 4

Thoughts?

Changes:

2. Kyle Devine

7. Will Harris

6. Luke Reimer

9. Harry Wilson

10. Jack Walsh

12. Dom Easy

13. Max Lehman/Ethan Kreigton

15. Will Hopoate

R

Runpasstackle

Harry Wilson and lussick didn't even make ISA. Are sure you missed any other Rugby League players. Good to see u watching very constructive as usual.

R

Runpasstackle

Can anyone shed light on the delay in announcing the Team... Why the wait to after the club zone teams etc??

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Boys who play at the NSW Schools trials and who also play club rugby and are selected into regional teams/Baa baas, are eligible to be selected by either Schools for NSW Schools u16s or by SJRU for Syd u16s (or by CJRU for Country U16s where applicable). As part of any uneasy truce b/w the tribes, they take it in turn to select boys who may be on both lists (SJRU gets first pick this year). So the Syd team must be selected following Regionals, and any necessary horse trading undertaken, before NSW schools can be announced.

This used to be a bigger issue when there was a national U16s champs as many of the top school boys continued with Club rugby at u16s level and there were a number on each list. Fewer now choose to stay on both paths. I understand from GGR snouts that last year there was only 1 boy on both SJRU and Schools' lists. Query whether if there was no one on the Schools' list who was also playing at the Regionals, Schools would be able to announce soon after the trials.

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Boys who play at the NSW Schools trials and who also play club rugby and are selected into regional teams/Baa baas, are eligible to be selected by either Schools for NSW Schools u16s or by SJRU for Syd u16s (or by CJRU for Country U16s where applicable). As part of any uneasy truce b/w the tribes, they take it in turn to select boys who may be on both lists (SJRU gets first pick this year). So the Syd team must be selected following Regionals, and any necessary horse trading undertaken, before NSW schools can be announced.

This used to be a bigger issue when there was a national U16s champs as many of the top school boys continued with Club rugby at u16s level and there were a number on each list. Fewer now choose to stay on both paths. I understand from GGR snouts that last year there was only 1 boy on both SJRU and Schools' lists. Query whether if there was no one on the Schools' list who was also playing at the Regionals, Schools would be able to announce soon after the trials.

So who are the boys doing both?

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So who are the boys doing both?

Quite a few. Apologies if I miss any but there are a lot of names to cross reference. Please feel free to add any as the boys deserve the recognition. If anyone could add the country lads that would be appreciated

I have only done the Sydney regional teams. I would expects some of these names to be under consideration for both NSW Schools and Sydney Juniors.

MNZ

Will Bremner CHS
Jordan Brown GPS
Tom Glascott GPS
Julian Heaven GPS
Nathanial Panozzo ISA
James Westbury CAS

MWZ

Aaron Cairns CCC
Dylan Glassie CCC
Liam Heka CCC
Musika Lotoanui CCC
Luke McDonald CCC
Connor Tunks CCC

MSZ

Kyle Devine ISA
Said Halbouni CHS
Trivaan Omullane CHS
Richard Tahaafe CHS

Barbarians

Kerei Ranganui CHS
Hayden Pomare CHS
Lote Taliaula CCC

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)

Fairly sure it is Schools that have 1st pick this year.
Last year there was only 1 common player and he went to SJRU (ie they had 1st pick)

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Fairly sure it is Schools that have 1st pick this year.
Last year there was only 1 common player and he went to SJRU (ie they had 1st pick)

CNP is correct. It was the other way was selected for Sydney then withdrew for NSW Schools. A reserve from memory

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
I was referring to Kyle Devine ISA and MSZ
Devine slipped thru as was common between NSWJRU U15 team and Schools u16's. As the NSW u15's were to compete in the u16 NSW Invitational he was suddenly in conflict (which hadn't occurred before). He then had to withdraw from one.
The regular horse trading is between SJRU u16 and Schools u16s.. SJRU u16s had 1st pick last year.
I suspect this year they will be onto it and NSWJRU u15s wont be named at regionals and will wait till horse trading is done.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Q for the experts - if you are on both lists and Syd get first dibs, do you as the player get told and the option to choose or does the fact you have left yourself on both pathways mean you can only go with whoever has first rights (ie, you can withdraw from Syd but cant then play for Schools)?

Status
Not open for further replies.