• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
Rod, I always enjoy your input, however u are very one eyed to Barker
Waves to me look pretty titanic . however a few areas to work on if they are to topple this year’s favourite. Rods red army

Rod is very honest in his reviews - he attends most games. A great man. He chats with me most games.

Do you have Waverley team list at all?

What do you mean titantic? Not a great score line - we are likely better. We are bigger - they have lost Amestero no?

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
The Barker hooker had the better game. Lineout throws hit the mark all the time. The Newington forwards need more practise. Barker won the New lineouts 50% of time. The Newington hooker has a size advantage and put on some big hits, and will be better for this run but he and his teammates need to bind tighter. Barkers scrum was square and straight and just went over the Wyvern lads.

Tyrone was Pollards understudy for a year after we brought him Across to Barker - learnt a lot of lessons from Billy.

Is potentially better than him in set piece- billy better around the field due to league background. He played high level league after he came across from St Leo’s.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
What do you mean titantic? Not a great score line - we are likely better. We are bigger - they have lost Amestero no?
When you see Aso Fretton on the wing, you will understand.
Have confirmed Dangar is to be ‘no spectators’... so it’s a shame .

And there will be security to prevent anyone lurking... Rose Bay residents quick to call the police

And email smh...

I know Scots proposing on live streaming... any mail on CAS schools doing the same?

It would seem sensible

Lovetap

Peter Burge (5)
Happened to be at QP walking my dog at 3:15. So managed to see a lot of the Waverley v Augustine fixture.As mentioned earlier Auggies got off to a quick start putting a lot of pressure on the Waverley goal line and coming away with the meat pie in the first 20min.
Waverley took a little while to get their attack fired up and burnt a lot of energy on defence which I may add was outstanding to see. Waverley tight 5 went about their work with gusto and were by far the dominant engine especially at scrum time.

It wasn’t until second half that Waverley came into their own with some great team tries scored. The back rower Fretton who started the game on the wing was a sight to see and ran in 2 tries. As a spectator he scared me so I felt for the Auggies winger marking this man.

I understand Waverley had an opposed session against Randwick 1st colts onThursday leading into this game which got heated especially after the students ran in 2 tries to upset the colts by I believe 4 try’s to 0. The physical contact definitely looked liked it paid dividends.

Auggies number 5 was very busy as to the 10 and 13 and they will be a lot better off for the outing.

Both teams should fear well in their respective comps should Saturday’s display be an indication of what’s to come.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
"I know Scots proposing on live streaming. any mail on CAS schools doing the same?

It would seem sensible"

SDW, WLF has told us that the Headmasters have decided against this "for privacy reasons".

Which is odd. They streamed the CAS swimming happily enough, with everyone walking around in speedos. And bits and pieces of the Rugby games get out on YouTube.

Anyway, looks as though most of us will have no idea what's going on. Or, in some cases, even less idea than usual.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
"I know Scots proposing on live streaming. any mail on CAS schools doing the same?

It would seem sensible"

SDW, WLF has told us that the Headmasters have decided against this "for privacy reasons".

Which is odd. They streamed the CAS swimming happily enough, with everyone walking around in speedos. And bits and pieces of the Rugby games get out on YouTube.

Anyway, looks as though most of us will have no idea what's going on. Or, in some cases, even less idea than usual.

Snort and SDW,

My thoughts on why they won't live stream is only my point of view but I do know the CAS Heads all agreed not to.
I suspect it was to risk adverse appetite to avoid any possible viewer objections to something on film, which I get, but like you, I would have really enjoyed this facility.

I also suspect CAS swimming was possibly easier to manage re seating etc vs a footy field with people roaming all over the place.

I also hope Barker3peat is a schoolboy, many of his comments are extremely naive and not enjoyed by anyone on this site.

Referees_rule

Bob McCowan (2)
Trinity ran an opposed training against St Pats on Monday, bright and early. Spectators not allowed... Lucky those new school fences have big gaps in them! The boys in Green and White looking quite slick against a clearly inferior pats side. This Saturday is looking to be a good matchup against Knox. I think it will be a real test for Trinity, and could define the season for them, whichever way it goes.

Blow hard,
RR

Reactions: WLF

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Snort and SDW,

I also hope Barker3peat is a schoolboy, many of his comments are extremely naive and not enjoyed by anyone on this site.

I disagree wholeheartedly WLF. I mightn't agree with him, but I certainly enjoy it:p

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I disagree wholeheartedly WLF. I mightn't agree with him, but I certainly enjoy it:p

We live in a democracy WTF, so your opinion is noted, I wholeheartedly disagree with some of the comments, interesting to see what others think about Barker3peats views and their level of enjoyment!

Having just posted my comment, it didn't take long for someone to disagree with you, ie Axel, and NO Axel and I aren't in the same school camp, quite the opposite, rival camps, but some things have common ground, Hope you enjoyed that!

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
We live in a democracy WTF, so your opinion is noted, I wholeheartedly disagree with some of the comments, interesting to see what others think about Barker3peats views and their level of enjoyment!

Having just posted my comment, it didn't take long for someone to disagree with you, ie Axel, and NO Axel and I aren't in the same school camp, quite the opposite, rival camps, but some things have common ground, Hope you enjoyed that!

Jeezus mate, its almost like reliving the SJRU U16's Grand Final again, and again, and again.

I did say I didn't agree with the comments, or did you miss that bit.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Jeezus mate, its almost like reliving the SJRU U16's Grand Final again, and again, and again.

I did say I didn't agree with the comments, or did you miss that bit.

No No I and others got that bit, it was the enjoyment bit where the disagreement lay, did you miss that bit.
The 16s GF is a bit long in the tooth now, let's look forward to the full season of 2021 Opens school Rugby, as I would much rather win that then the 16s club comp. Time will tell!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Similar at Barker, 1 parent per player only for this weekend's clash against St Aloysius.

WTF,

Are Aloys putting teams up against Barker in all/most age groups this Sat?

This Sat Waves are playing Cranbrook, BUT Cranbrook are only playing us in the 1sts and 2nds, NOT in any other grade or age group, so of our 22 teams, only 2 have games.

NOT HAPPY JAN!

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Same, only 1sts and 2nds. Comp starts for everyone else next week but goes another week. However, the 1sts and 2nds don't play the last week as they would have already played everyone.

Its done to assist the Year 12 boys so they have an extra week of study prior to the HSC. I know it wont help all of them (i.e. its not all Opens sides)

Don't tell me your son isn't playing tomorrow?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Same, only 1sts and 2nds. Comp starts for everyone else next week but goes another week. However, the 1sts and 2nds don't play the last week as they would have already played everyone.

Its done to assist the Year 12 boys so they have an extra week of study prior to the HSC. I know it wont help all of them (i.e. its not all Opens sides)

Don't tell me your son isn't playing tomorrow?

Yep in the 3rds, but I doubt if the other grades and age groups play the week after the 1s and 2s finish.
Hope I am wrong.