• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW club rugby thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Nick - They were celebrating winning a grand final. Have you already forgotten what that is? :fishing

No need to take away from what the players achieved, regardless of whether it was a level playing field or not. As you know the team with the best players doesnt always win grand fianls, and the players have as much right to celebrate as any premiership team. The Uni board on the other hand....

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
NTA said:
One other thing before this thread dies a lonely death: What the fuck were the Uni players celebrating? There is nothing to be said for being the best team in a lopsided comp where you have, far and away, the best resources to win a comp against a bunch of amateurs.

Next year I think we split premier rugby into two tiers - a 6 team comp with the finalists from this year, to be played over 10 weeks. The other sides join up with the top 8 from 1st Div Subbies to decide promotion and relegation into the Super 6, replacing the two bottom teams in each grade + 1 colts. Everyone else sits around and watches Uni win.

Even though they dont get close to Uni, the other sides the Shute Shield would destroy the Subbies teams with the possible exception of Penrith/Souths depending on the year. Souths have suffered sad demise. I recall a time when they were regularly pushing or featuring in the semis. The top teams in subbies first grade were, when I last saw club rugby in Sydney, 2nd/3rd grade standard.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cutter said:
Even though they dont get close to Uni, the other sides the Shute Shield would destroy the Subbies teams with the possible exception of Penrith/Souths depending on the year. Souths have suffered sad demise. I recall a time when they were regularly pushing or featuring in the semis. The top teams in subbies first grade were, when I last saw club rugby in Sydney, 2nd/3rd grade standard.

Was only partly tongue in cheek :) But the dire circumstances of Penrith/Souths would get them barely above Beecroft or Drummoyne from what I've seen.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Recent posts on this thread have been moved to the Shute Shield 2010 thread.

Please discontinue using this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.