• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Election 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Do the Greens have any credible chance of winning seats in the NSW elections like they seem to do down here for ours this weekend? It has got to the point where the Libs and Labor are preferencing each other to try and keep the Greens out of certain inner city seats.

C

chief

NSW Liberals will cruise through this election. I predict only about 20 Labor seats will be won. Maybe even 1 greens seat

A 25% swing at a By-Election (Penrith I think it was) is huge which could suggest swings of around 10-15% even more.

What did everyone think of Nathan Rees as a premier? Out of interest, would you have rathered him or Keneally?

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
What did everyone think of Nathan Rees as a premier? Out of interest, would you have rathered him or Keneally?

Nathan Rees was chief-of-staff of Milton Okopolous, yet knew nothing. Not a good look.

Keneally is a part of the NSW Labor machine. There for the sake of power, a duplicitous, hypocritical light-weight with neither the intelligence nor vision to be a anything but a member of the NSW Labor party: of whom, in general as a whole, I wouldn't even piss on if they were on fire. Their self-indulgent, corrupt self-serving antics have done great damage to the concept of the ALP, but they don't seem too care.

Reactions: Ash

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Depends on where you go in Adelaide. Places like Norwood and Glenelg all have posh accents but Elizebeth and Norlunga have some of the roughest in Australia.

If you want a shocking voice from SA, look no further than Christopher Pyne. Half posh and the other half like his balls haven't yet dropped. Alexander Downer is not far behind him though.

I resemble that remark! But seriously, Glenelg wasn't a flash suburb around the time I was born there and my parents were growing up there and in Brighton.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I resemble that remark! But seriously, Glenelg wasn't a flash suburb around the time I was born there and my parents were growing up there and in Brighton.

Agree TBH. Don't know how old you are but it used to be very working class. It is a flash joint these days though. My old man lived in Henley Beach for a while in the 70's and it was not flash back then but is now.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm in my late 30's and my memories of it was a sleepy and fairly working class seaside suburb. Now it's all flash and expensive, but it wasn't that way for a long time. I think people woke up to the fact that it's by the beach and very pleasant.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
NSW Liberals want to repeal the ethics classes being taught in NSW schools for students who don't attend RE.

Dumb move. I wonder how many dumb moves they can do before costing themselves the election? Lots, I'd say, but now they are starting to rack some up.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
NSW Liberals want to repeal the ethics classes being taught in NSW schools for students who don't attend RE.

Dumb move. I wonder how many dumb moves they can do before costing themselves the election? Lots, I'd say, but now they are starting to rack some up.

Yes stupid move....who are they trying to placate with that???

I get the idea that there are some in the Liberal Party who would prefer to stay out of power rather than allow some of their internal opponents a chance or opportunity.

Barry really does need to show leadership over certain things and get his party ready for government or otherwise he deserves to lose. In spite of how bad/ venal/ detested the current mob are.

Mike Baird or Gladys Berejiklian for premier....Barry pull your finger out...you seem to be as much a "temporary/ there because no one else was around/ facile, shallow inconsequential" leader as Kristina Keneally.

I had better stop there before I get too worked up!!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
With the result in Victoria we are now looking at the very real prospect of having 4 state Liberal/Coalition governments within the next year.

I wonder if this will adversely affect the national coalition's chance of winning the next election?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
NSW Liberals want to repeal the ethics classes being taught in NSW schools for students who don't attend RE. Dumb move.

Yes stupid move....who are they trying to placate with that? I get the idea that there are some in the Liberal Party who would prefer to stay out of power rather than allow some of their internal opponents a chance or opportunity.

O'Farrell being nagged by the two Sydney archbishops, Pell and Jensen, for a start. And then the poor bastard's got Clarke's crazy Christian crowd on his right. Big Bazza's only got so much room he can move in before these mongrels start to flex their muscles.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
It does seem the norm to have State Governments from a different party to the Federal Government. I think all States were Labor during Johnny's tenure.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
And I reckon that's not a bad thing. It creates just the right amount of friction between the Commonwealth and the states. This kind of thing generally stops a total overreach of power from the Federales.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I agree in principle about getting rid of one layer of government, but people here in the West would be sceptical, as it might concentrate too much power over East.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The west is always sceptical.

State governments are a joke no matter who runs them. Hopefully when the republic comes to fruition we get rid of them all together. Waste of time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.