• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW GPS Cricket 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NSWGPS2012

The pre-season/start of season T20 comp was just played with riverview taking it out, Newington coming second, scots third and grammar fourth.

Crk123

Frank Row (1)
Who does everybody have for the GPS team this year?

Riverview look very solid in the T20 did not lose a match. Fielding is excellent with some powerfull batting. Kings seem weak on results in T20 not sure about their team in the T20 perhaps a few missing. Newington also bet Scots in T 20. Good tight bowling.

T

Tom Smith

It was a good day yesterday, played in very good spirit. Riverview deserve the win!!!

Grammar convincingly beat Scots in 3rd place playoff.

I heard from one of Grammer's parents that one of Scots' NSW u/19 bowlers is injured. Not sure which one though?

Predictions
1st Riverview
2nd Newington
3rd Joeys
4th Scots
5th Grammer
6th Shore
7th Kings
8th High

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Word on the street is that Scots have significant firepower this season.
Who this time??? Last year they got totally owned by everyone! sent kids back to where they once came, had a fast bowler get taken to by a Year 9 batsman. Who have they freighted in this year

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Who this time??? Last year they got totally owned by everyone! sent kids back to where they once came, had a fast bowler get taken to by a Year 9 batsman. Who have they freighted in this year
Nobody 'freighted' in - same attack as last seson. The kid you refer to wasn't sent back to where they once came. He went home for family reasons. Equal 4th isn't totally owned and could've been higher as had New on toast at end of day 1 and day 2 was washed out when every other game that weekend was completed.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Nobody 'freighted' in - same attack as last seson. The kid you refer to wasn't sent back to where they once came. He went home for family reasons. Equal 4th isn't totally owned and could've been higher as had New on toast at end of day 1 and day 2 was washed out when every other game that weekend was completed.
JJ Coutts is repeatin?

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
JJ Coutts is repeatin?

If you saw the kid talk on the Cricket Show last year, you wouldn't be so surprised...

Shepherd from TKS will be captain. Bats 3-6 and handy to open withy the pill, but probably a better first changer.

Apparently he has/had a serious injury; I am aware he will not be playing for at least the first two rounds.

Who does everybody have for the GPS team this year?

My guesses would be (in regards to some potential candidates):

Scots: Coutts, Skelley, Ho, Powys
Riverview: Spratt
Joeys: O'Brien, Rogers
Kings: Shepherd
High: Duffy
Grammar: Sutcliffe, McLean
Newington: Atallah
Shore: Stobo

Keep in mind I'm not particularly well versed in each teams players. And cricket being cricket, individual form can throw up so many unexpected inclusions. The only guys I would expect to be locks are Coutts, O'Brien, Shepherd, Sutcliffe and Atallah. They are all seriously important for their team, consistently put up results.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any predictions for the season? I'd guess:

1) Riverview
2) Newington
3) Grammar
4) Scots
5) Joeys
6) Kings
7) High
8) Shore

So many variables here.

I'll give 'View benefit of the doubt from the T20 games, though some of the other teams look very well suited to the longer forms.

Haven't seen much of Newington, though their results so far sound impressive enough.

Scots is a huge swing team; as much as they could end up 1 (where they should be based on talent), they struggle as a unit, and seem to crack with pressure.

Grammar look strong batting, though there doesn't appear to be a potent strike bowler (though the T20 match I saw at Rushcutter's appears to indicate they can hit their spots consistently enough).

I think Joeys may struggle with depth, having lost a number of players from last years team.

Kings sounded as though they were awful without Shepherd, but I still see them beating the bottom-feeders.

High are better than most would expect, though that's unfortunately not saying much. Fantastic batter in Duffy, he'll likely be carrying most of their innings.

Shore don't seem to have much on either side of the ball. I think most of the contenders will be hoping that they get these guys for a 2 dayer; outright win, and home by lunchtime on the second day.

Crk123

Frank Row (1)
Any predictions for the season? I'd guess:

1) Riverview
2) Newington
3) Grammar
4) Scots
5) Joeys
6) Kings
7) High
8) Shore

So many variables here.

I'll give 'View benefit of the doubt from the T20 games, though some of the other teams look very well suited to the longer forms.

Haven't seen much of Newington, though their results so far sound impressive enough.

Scots is a huge swing team; as much as they could end up 1 (where they should be based on talent), they struggle as a unit, and seem to crack with pressure.

Grammar look strong batting, though there doesn't appear to be a potent strike bowler (though the T20 match I saw at Rushcutter's appears to indicate they can hit their spots consistently enough).

I think Joeys may struggle with depth, having lost a number of players from last years team.

Kings sounded as though they were awful without Shepherd, but I still see them beating the bottom-feeders.

High are better than most would expect, though that's unfortunately not saying much. Fantastic batter in Duffy, he'll likely be carrying most of their innings.

Shore don't seem to have much on either side of the ball. I think most of the contenders will be hoping that they get these guys for a 2 dayer; outright win, and home by lunchtime on the second day.

I don't think T 20 is good way to start the season. Hard to get a real handle on team capabilities. This weekend will be the first real test of teams and individual form. Looking forward to saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.