• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
The weather here is atrocious! No day for rugby; entertaining rugby of course!

I might go down and suggest to the Coordinators to have each team elect their best swimmer and have them compete in a 100m freestyle swim off for the title!

LMAO!!!

SENT FROM MY iPHONE

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In the olden days, when Senior Junior Jarse was in Under 12's, I can recall that Victoria and South Australia sent teams to participate at Balmoral Oval. The Victorian team acquitted themselves well IIRC. South Aust were outclassed, but I'm sure that they were better off for experience of playing at that higher level.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Still a bit lost, so City is a NSWJRU team (must play or have played village rugby) minus country rep players? This is different from last year ehere there was Schools, Country and NSWJRU side (made up of both country and city players - is this correct?)

The NSWJRU side is made up of city and country rep players although the team in the nationals is Sydney. Both different teams. One is Sydney and the other NSW. Last year the NSW teams in the 15's 16's and 17's were made up of city and country players but did not participate in the Nationals in the Under 16s. Although i dare say a lot of these players were involved in one of the teams NSWCJU, NSWSRU or Sydney, as players. My son was in one of these teams and I felt it was more a development squad as games were rostered between ACT and QLD, and an opportunity for the ARU to look at the up and coming talent from 15-17 years.There was no competition these players played in such as the nationals. But that was last year!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I might go down and suggest to the Coordinators to have each team elect their best swimmer and have them compete in a 100m freestyle swim off for the title!

LMAO!!!

SENT FROM MY iPHONE

Newbie,

This is how we prepare the future superstars for Newcastle conditions. There is another thread bemoaning our ability to play in adverse weather conditions.

SENT FROM MY LAPTOP SITTING IN MY WARM LOUNGE ROOM WHILE IT BUCKETS DOWN OUTSIDE.

Bill McLean (32)
Newbie,

This is how we prepare the future superstars for Newcastle conditions. There is another thread bemoaning our ability to play in adverse weather conditions.

SENT FROM MY LAPTOP SITTING IN MY WARM LOUNGE ROOM WHILE IT BUCKETS DOWN OUTSIDE.

LMAO@TheJarse!

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Newbi

LMAO!!!

SENT FROM MY iPHONE
Newbie,

What was the results of the Under 15 water polo final

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not s good day for the fleet footed Gordon Rugby sides
ACT won the 12 and 14's
Warringah won the 15's

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
And Parramatta beat Randwick 22 to 7 in the 17's. By that stage the pitch was atrocious and the rugby was fairly good considering. I was wet and cold watching, poor kids must have been hypothermic.

Bill McLean (32)
Well people its time to put your money where your mouth is and put forward your SJURU selections for 17's (15 and 16's will have to wait until after regionals)!

A few of us have done so already, any more takers?

Fairpoint

Stan Wickham (3)
i'll take a stab,

1. Maile- Syd Uni/Winterburn- Norths
2. Coffill- West Harb
3. Fiala-Motu- Randwick
4. Taylor- Parramatta
5. Matairavula- Parramatta- Not an 8, strong runner and light as a feather these days
6. Orr- West Harb
7. Taweel- West Harb/ Morris- Norths
8. Moala- West Harb
9. Whicker- Parramatta/ Acreman - Cent Coast
10. Angeloni- Parramatta/ O'donnell- Randwick
11. Suamili- West Harb/ Tohi- Parramatta
12. Kagiassis- Syd Uni
13. Winterstein- parramatta
14. Polgoa- Norths
15. Cotton- Eastwood

Other possibles:
Koutsoukis- Randwick, Maa- Parramatta, Laga'aia- West Harb, Skelton- Syd Uni, Anderson- Eastwood.

**Did not see any Warringah games so pardon for any possible omissions.

H

Hang 5

The bait - every time you take the bait - hahahaha
I find it a joke that schools like Kings and Newington won't let their First and second XV players compete in the U17 state championships.
Do they forget where these players learn't their trade.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
I find it a joke that schools like Kings and Newington won't let their First and second XV players compete in the U17 state championships.
Do they forget where these players learn't their trade.
I'd be interested to know if the school doesn't allow them to play or if the players make the decision based on how many games they will end up player throughout the year. If you consider trial matches and GPS matches add in GPS 1,2,3 games as I'm assuming we are talking about the elite players, potential NSW schools games etc they must be playing up around 25-30 games already. Some of the dual code players have already played 10-15 games so playing club and then state champs could be excessive.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
Fairpoint,

Some names in their I am not too familiar with but also some good suggestions thinking about it.
Tohi for Parramatta did not play and Niu Tupou had on the 11 jersey, is that who you saw?

I felt that the number 13 for Randwick looked the goods today. I thought his name was Joshua Mitchell, but the book says Joshua Bradrook, not sure which one he was. Randwick manager said Mitchell but she didn't sound too convincing.

Also thought the 9 for Randwick played well today. Central Coast 9 also good value, tough one. Maybe the combination with Parra 9 and 10 will play a part in selections!!

H

Hang 5

i'll take a stab,

1. Maile- Syd Uni/Winterburn- Norths
2. Coffill- West Harb
3. Fiala-Motu- Randwick
4. Taylor- Parramatta
5. Matairavula- Parramatta- Not an 8, strong runner and light as a feather these days
6. Orr- West Harb
7. Taweel- West Harb/ Morris- Norths
8. Moala- West Harb
9. Whicker- Parramatta/ Acreman - Cent Coast
10. Angeloni- Parramatta/ O'donnell- Randwick
11. Suamili- West Harb/ Tohi- Parramatta
12. Kagiassis- Syd Uni
13. Winterstein- parramatta
14. Polgoa- Norths
15. Cotton- Eastwood

Other possibles:
Koutsoukis- Randwick, Maa- Parramatta, Laga'aia- West Harb, Skelton- Syd Uni, Anderson- Eastwood.

**Did not see any Warringah games so pardon for any possible omissions.
A few Warringah boys should get a look in they did make to the semi's, but give me a break with all the Wests players in your team.
They didn't look like chalking up a win all weekend.

Fairpoint

Stan Wickham (3)
A few Warringah boys should get a look in they did make to the semi's, but give me a break with all the Wests players in your team.
They didn't look like chalking up a win all weekend.

individually those players were fantastic, i viewed sunday mornings games and thought they were superb and were part of a lacking team. a reminder that again AN INDIVIDUAL position is based upon INDIVIDUAL performances, isn't it?

and i add those wests players have a lot of previous rep honours under their belt,
Moala- CAS Opens representative team
Orr- CAS Opens representative team and NSWJRU last year
Taweel- Western Zone and ISA shadow squad
La'agaia- Junior Gold Squad.
Coffill- SJRU last year

Status
Not open for further replies.