• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW on the verge of another bailout

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wa
Do you mean NSWRU instead of the Waratahs? It gets confusing since they are technically different organisations.. I would have thought tat the Waratahs would have received the income..

The ARU didn't take the gate takings for the super teams playing the lions..
Waratahs were the team on the field therefore they not NSWRU would've got the gate etc less expenses? Would their Annual Report & Accounts not answer the question? Or has it not been published yet?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wa
Waratahs were the team on the field therefore they not NSWRU would've got the gate etc less expenses? Would their Annual Report & Accounts not answer the question? Or has it not been published yet?
Fiscal year 2013/14 not done yet, I would guess.
I agree the Tahs should have got the gate money (and I assume they did).

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
IIRC the Waratahs are to the NSWRU as the Reds are to the QRU.

The Reds are essentially the revenue-generation arm of the QRU; any profits go in to the community rugby (participation) side. The community rugby (participation) in the game is the entire reason the QRU exists, and the Reds franchise (which they own) is how it's funded.

NSWRU owns the Tahs franchise so who got the gate from the Lions game is irrelevant.

T

TOCC

IIRC the Waratahs are to the NSWRU as the Reds are to the QRU.

The Reds are essentially the revenue-generation arm of the QRU; any profits go in to the community rugby (participation) side. The community rugby (participation) in the game is the entire reason the QRU exists, and the Reds franchise (which they own) is how it's funded.

NSWRU owns the Tahs franchise so who got the gate from the Lions game is irrelevant.

No, Waratahs are a separate entity to NSWRU, they pay an annual license fee of $1.1million to the NSWRU, they both run separate budgets and have a different board of directors.

Reds are still a part of the QRU, no license fees are paid between the two, all Reds funding is controlled by the QRU board.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And no franchise/state rugby union got the gate for the Lions game. The ARU got it all (including corporate hospitality etc) and paid each state a 'compensation' payment instead.

T

TOCC

And no franchise/state rugby union got the gate for the Lions game. The ARU got it all (including corporate hospitality etc) and paid each state a 'compensation' payment instead.

Incredible, what was the value of the compensation payment.. Some of those games would have been worth almost $1million plus.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Do you mean NSWRU instead of the Waratahs? It gets confusing since they are technically different organisations.. I would have thought tat the Waratahs would have received the income..

The ARU didn't take the gate takings for the super teams playing the lions..

Yep.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Imagine how much Rugby Central would be trying to stiff the junior clubs and subbies clubs for if the Lions didn't come last year to top up the ARU coffers.

Emergency Declared. Must be NO shiraz at all left in the St Leonards Boardroom cellar.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Imagine how much Rugby Central would be trying to stiff the junior clubs and subbies clubs for if the Lions didn't come last year to top up the ARU coffers.

Emergency Declared. Must be NO shiraz at all left in the St Leonards Boardroom cellar.

Tell me, do they rate the cab sav above or below the shiraz? Just trying to work out how close to bottom we are.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If there's a shortage of Shiraz, or Cab Sauv, at Rugby Central I'm yer man.....:D

Waiting by the phone.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
They're in enough debt.

Like any form of politics, NSWRU has too many pigs eating too deeply at the trough. Cut out some of the luxuries for these guys, and find people who want to work for the betterment of the organisation, and they'll reap the rewards.

Crusaders were dominant because their back office ran smoothly.

Chiefs finally figured that out.

Until NSW do, we're stuck in this cycle of money up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.