• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW on the verge of another bailout

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

And no franchise/state rugby union got the gate for the Lions game. The ARU got it all (including corporate hospitality etc) and paid each state a 'compensation' payment instead.

But my Rebels membership last year included a 9 game option, which was a guaranteed seat for the Lions game.

That means a portion of the money for each financial member was skimmed off and sent to the ARU, as well as all game tickets sold.

Seems odd.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
But my Rebels membership last year included a 9 game option, which was a guaranteed seat for the Lions game.

That means a portion of the money for each financial member was skimmed off and sent to the ARU, as well as all game tickets sold.

Seems odd.
The ARU actually run the membership program for the Rebels, Waratahs and Reds and only disbursed the payment for membership proceeds after taking out the Lions match component.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
The ARU actually run the membership program for the Rebels, Waratahs and Reds and only disbursed the payment for membership proceeds after taking out the Lions match component.
gees ....i think "the Mob" run a similar plan. Beware of ticket sellers outside Tahland in blacksuits with fedors and spats.......

D

daz

Well, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

T

TOCC

I don't quite understand this comment, are you suggesting that the ARU runs the membership for these teams, in what regard, the Reds run all membership in house.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
I don't quite understand this comment, are you suggesting that the ARU runs the membership for these teams, in what regard, the Reds run all membership in house.
The ARU run a shared service call centre located at ST Leonards that takes all the calls for the teams and processes all of the memebership applications.
Certainly the teams set their own programs, fees , benefits etc. However ARU staff man the membership line , receive the payments and then disburse the cleared funds to the states

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Nup. The reds run theirs in house as of this year.

My experience with Reds membership was pretty dire. I had a go at subscribing yesterday, and finally gave up. Diabolical.

I hope mine was an isolated problem. Because if all prospective members have to put up with the pathetic service that I did, nobody would have the patience to sign up.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
My experience with Reds membership was pretty dire. I had a go at subscribing yesterday, and finally gave up. Diabolical.

I hope mine was an isolated problem. Because if all prospective members have to put up with the pathetic service that I did, nobody would have the patience to sign up.
Online?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'll comment that the renewal for my Rebels (foundation blue) was flawless - did not have one problem. There were some technical glitches at one stage (guessing the registration server was overloaded or something), but I managed to avoid that. Trick is to register out of peak-time.

Didn't know about the shared service; certainly a more cost efficient way of doing it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

My experience with the Reds mob is that they are extremely helpful. The process has always been easy and any issues they seem to go out of their way to solve. I hope yours was an isolated issue! Give them a call if you still have problems, I am confident they'll sort you out quick.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Can you give us more detail? Did you call or go online? What was the issue?

T

TOCC

I didn't have any problems with the online membership, but the process could definitely be more streamlined and simplified..

Reactions: Ash

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gotta love Green and Gold Rugby.

On a thread to discuss the lack of cash reserves at the Waratahs Ltd, we have moved on to discuss how the Queensland Reds Membership Call Centre and on line experience could be optimised.

Keeping that meandering theme going, I think Triple J has sold out to commercial music interests and thirty/forty somethings. Time for the J's to get back to their youth culture roots. Ditch the high rotation Hottest 100 plugging playlist, and play some more youth oriented organic Aussie music.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Trying to steer the conversation in any forum, let alone this one, is about as difficult as this job.

Udtpc.gif

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Keeping that meandering theme going, I think Triple J has sold out to commercial music interests and thirty/forty somethings. Time for the J's to get back to their youth culture roots. Ditch the high rotation Hottest 100 plugging playlist, and play some more youth oriented organic Aussie music.

As a 32 year old long time JJJ listener, I'm not getting that.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
As a 50 year old ex listener It's too young for me. I still listen a couple hours a week.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.