• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW on the verge of another bailout

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Can you give us more detail? Did you call or go online? What was the issue?
Sorry for the delayed response. I went on-line, to cut a longish story short, I got through to the final stage, put all my credit card details in, and then the page froze. Could not do anything, had to abort. Never happened to me before.

But there were a few other niggles. For example, I had been receiving emails for a while asking me to renew, but what appeared to be links on the emails did not work. Weird marketing idea, send an emai asking for a response, but no link.

Then, apparently because I did not subscribe last season, I had to re-enter all my details, even though I was receiving unsolicited emails (we had subscribed for a while before having a break last year).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There has been an improvement in the Australian rugby websites in the last few years but they remain amateurish.
You can buy these mail out programs + commerce interfaces out of the box os there's not really a good excuse.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
There has been an improvement in the Australian rugby websites in the last few years but they remain amateurish.
You can buy these mail out programs + commerce interfaces out of the box os there's not really a good excuse.

You would think with all of the IT types who frequent GAGR (which I assume there are plenty) we could knock out seething nice and quick. On the face of it it would be a fairly standard CRM with some basic workflow, user mgmt, campaign mgmt and it would talk to various finance systems?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You would think with all of the IT types who frequent GAGR (which I assume there are plenty) we could knock out seething nice and quick. On the face of it it would be a fairly standard CRM with some basic workflow, user mgmt, campaign mgmt and it would talk to various finance systems?

Someone was telling me about the very clever marketing Man U do through their website. Its free to join but after a few months they ask for additional info in order to keep it free.
They then sell the info - which I gather they tell you when you sign up.
It is the most profitable part of Man U.
I can see the Tahs sending TahMan round to ask spectators what sort of car they drive and when they last ate at Maccas then trying to sell the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.