• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U/15 Representative Team 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The selections are now available at www.juniors.rugbynet.com.au

Lachlan Anderson WZ
Delane Cherrington SZ
Daniel England NZ
Max Girdler NZ
Louis Heaton WZ
Tom Horton NZ
Conor Hurley NZ
Henry Hutchison NZ
Tom Leaver NZ
Sepesa Loga-Torogi SZ
Ryan McAuley SZ
Will McRae NZ
Jack McGregor NZ
Harry McClenan SZ
Jack Nettleton NZ
Guy Porter NZ
Jacob Richards WZ
Denzel Singleton WZ
Jacob Storey SZ
Will Stubbs NZ
Kirk Steven-Tuivali WZ
Cyprus Tutonoa NZ
Carl Winterstein WZ
ACHANYPRUS TUT
Who're the coaches as they are part of the team
their names have been hard to find as well:rolleyes:

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
The country side is:

Alec Corcoran
Andrew McDonald
Bailey White
Ben Allen
Ben Gunter
Cameron King
Duncan Woods
Harry Holmes
James Hawkins
John Seabrook
Josh Doonan
Kayden Ramplin-Smith
Liam Baker
Mark Binge
Matthew Bertalli
Max Stewart
Nick Finney
Pernell Filipo
Phillip Bradford
Reece Hewitt
Telenoti Moataani
Tristan Green
1 TBA

Coaches: Ray Bowden & Tony Leeder-Smith

http://www.countryjuniors.com.au/index.php?option=com_joomsport&task=team&tid=2&sid=1&Itemid=

S

Sydneybra

The country side is:

Alec Corcoran
Andrew McDonald
Bailey White
Ben Allen
Ben Gunter
Cameron King
Duncan Woods
Harry Holmes
James Hawkins
John Seabrook
Josh Doonan
Kayden Ramplin-Smith
Liam Baker
Mark Binge
Matthew Bertalli
Max Stewart
Nick Finney
Pernell Filipo
Phillip Bradford
Reece Hewitt
Telenoti Moataani
Tristan Green
1 TBA

Coaches: Ray Bowden & Tony Leeder-Smith

http://www.countryjuniors.com.au/index.php?option=com_joomsport&task=team&tid=2&sid=1&Itemid=

All I know is that Ben Gunter and Cameron King are monsters, enormous for 15

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
City has prevailed over Country 19-12. As the scoreline indicates I've been told that it was a very willing and tight contest.

Unfortunately, I coudn't be there. Rugby Mum or anyone else who saw the game, a match report would be appreciated.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Saw Rugby Mum there, My ID theory was right great to see her after twenty thrurumph years
hopefully we will all hear from her again after her "self imposed" exile. I am sure she was more rapped in the 16s match than this.

great day for Rugby cool 15 degrees, sunny and dry, a vast improvement on the drich 5 degrees in Bathurst last Saturday
The well co-ordinated prepared and motivated country team took it to the Sydney team today, there was a greater commitment in energy and numbers to break downs in the first 5-10minutes of the first half.
Sydneys Manager, Darcy, did a great job with the support of knowledgeable Sydney suporters/volunteers to get the Sydney team on the field sufficiently lifted to weather this early storm.
Sydney was advantaged by a hefty breeze that used correctly, helped turn the preasure back on the country lads, allowing them to go to the break two tries up 12-0. The country lads were unlucky not to score just before the break, as the Sydney number 7 was yellow carded ( I am not sure if it was repeated team infringements or cynical foul/killing the ball) The Sydney teams forwards deffence and a dropped ball at the line were all that prevented this from happening.

The lack of match practice as a team, and structural dicipline that may have existed with a coaches guidence was evident in the back line, as the backs functioned on their instincts as individuals, the back three showed their evasiveness from time to time, but cut out passes not slowing the country cover and passes not delivred, reducing the impact of half chances created by broken play or rare bends in the Cockatoos defence.

The second half saw City score quickly into the wind with a conversion taking the score to 19-0. City conducted several interesting interchanges to ensure all fit players had an oportunity to take the field during the match, I dont believe this disruption caused to any greater durres for the playes engaged in the game. than that under which they were already playing.

For the remainder of the game the country team managed to presure Sydney using the wind and taking advantage of the high number of penalties conceded at the breakdown and some set pieces. Sydey slowed the country progress suficiently well, though conced two tries, one right on full time, to win the game.
NSW Team

Liam Baker Country
Phillip Bradford Country
Daniel England (Sydney
Max Girdler (Sydney
Ben Gunter Country
James Hawkins Country
Louis Heaton (Sydney
Reece Hewart Country
Harry Holmes Country
Conner Hurley Sydney
Henry Hutchison Sydney
Cameron King Country
Tom Lever Sydney
Sepasa Loga Torogi Sydney
Jack Mc Gregor Sydney
Will Mcrae Sydney
Jack Nettleton Sydney
Guy Porter Sydney
Jacob Richards Sydney
Max Stewart Country
Jacob Storey Sydney
Kirk-Steven Tulavii Sydney
Cyprus Tutunoa Sydney

from program spelling as per program

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought the game was very scrappy. Felt the game lacked structure as noted above and that there were too many individual players not passing when perhaps there were better options. I guess that is selection rugby. Not many players stood out in my view. Thought the Sydney side should have had a couple more boys in the team as the country boys didn't looked well drilled and fit despite a big size advantage. Humble view is that the NSW side is diluted in strength and will beat ACT easily but doubt Qld. Also absence of coach didn't help with mental prep pre game although condolences to the poor fellow given the loss of his mother.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Saw Rugby Mum there, My ID theory was right great to see her after twenty thrurumph years
hopefully we will all hear from her again after her "self imposed" exile. I am sure she was more rapped in the 16s match than this.

great day for Rugby cool 15 degrees, sunny and dry, a vast improvement on the drich 5 degrees in Bathurst last Saturday
The well co-ordinated prepared and motivated country team took it to the Sydney team today, there was a greater commitment in energy and numbers to break downs in the first 5-10minutes of the first half.
Sydneys Manager, Darcy, did a great job with the support of knowledgeable Sydney suporters/volunteers to get the Sydney team on the field sufficiently lifted to weather this early storm.
Sydney was advantaged by a hefty breeze that used correctly, helped turn the preasure back on the country lads, allowing them to go to the break two tries up 12-0. The country lads were unlucky not to score just before the break, as the Sydney number 7 was yellow carded ( I am not sure if it was repeated team infringements or cynical foul/killing the ball) The Sydney teams forwards deffence and a dropped ball at the line were all that prevented this from happening.

The lack of match practice as a team, and structural dicipline that may have existed with a coaches guidence was evident in the back line, as the backs functioned on their instincts as individuals, the back three showed their evasiveness from time to time, but cut out passes not slowing the country cover and passes not delivred, reducing the impact of half chances created by broken play or rare bends in the Cockatoos defence.

The second half saw City score quickly into the wind with a conversion taking the score to 19-0. City conducted several interesting interchanges to ensure all fit players had an oportunity to take the field during the match, I dont believe this disruption caused to any greater durres for the playes engaged in the game. than that under which they were already playing.

For the remainder of the game the country team managed to presure Sydney using the wind and taking advantage of the high number of penalties conceded at the breakdown and some set pieces. Sydey slowed the country progress suficiently well, though conced two tries, one right on full time, to win the game.
NSW Team

Liam Baker Country
Phillip Bradford Country
Daniel England (Sydney
Max Girdler (Sydney
Ben Gunter Country
James Hawkins Country
Louis Heaton (Sydney
Reece Hewart Country
Harry Holmes Country
Conner Hurley Sydney
Henry Hutchison Sydney
Cameron King Country
Tom Lever Sydney
Sepasa Loga Torogi Sydney
Jack Mc Gregor Sydney
Will Mcrae Sydney
Jack Nettleton Sydney
Guy Porter Sydney
Jacob Richards Sydney
Max Stewart Country
Jacob Storey Sydney
Kirk-Steven Tulavii Sydney
Cyprus Tutunoa Sydney

from program spelling as per program
Great Report Woodrat and I am still astonished you knew who I was................I must still look as young as I did in my Hey Day!
Still recalling the highlights of the 16's game. Be back shortly
Congrats also to your boy making NSW. A great honour to him and his parents - ;)

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
I had the pleasure of being at the Lindfield V Newport U/15 Major semi on Sunday
A healthy rivalry has developped between these two teams
A tough physical match with the lads on both sides still fealing it today I am sure
The genuine good will betwen spectators and players on both sides is a model and reminder of the good things in Rugby

No doubt the increased goodwill between these teams and their spectators is the direct result of the interaction between a number of the boys from these two strong teams playing rep games together.

Woodrat, I heard that there were potentially serious injuries to a couple of the Newport/NSW boys during this game. Do you know anything further?

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Woodrat, I heard that there were potentially serious injuries to a couple of the Newport/NSW boys during this game. Do you know anything further?

I understand both suffered deep bruising and will not miss more than a week with Physio

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The 15s had a good hit out this weekend
It is interesting seeing an intelligent team develop and mesh on the run as these teams have to.
It is difficult to pick significant points from this game as the NSW team was so dominant
the first quarter ACT pressured the NSW set pieces, though the NSW team managed retain some equilibrium. Both packs were playing a busy fast paced game and avoided committing significant numbers to the breakdowns. In spite of having to deal with a well spread defense the NSW backs threatened on several occasions without capitalising on opportunities. Mostly due to not knowing each other. This might be described as scrappy I think more likely the gnashing of gears in a new combination. Two tries were scored by the home team in the first twenty.

The final ten of the 1st half saw the NSW pack begin to dominate the ACT at the set piece. This dominance was also transferred to the break down. The backs passes seamed to find their mark and some the team found some rhythm

the team demonstrated the valuable discipline of continuing to 'turn the screws" Eight of the 9 tries scored required a constant pressure and were built towards over several phases.

The NSW team showed some pride in defending their line on several occasions in the last 10minutes of the game The young Brumbies were left without consolation.

Others that attended (I don’t know who else of the names here attended) may see fit to name players or elaborate on patterns more. For the sake of some domestic harmony I am choosing not to. Though for Vanuatu Chiefs.. your boy is bloody quick and I would have liked to see the ball in his hands a few more times. 66-0 is an indication a lot of the work was being completed inside him.

The lads will be responsible for maintaining their own fitness over the next week before heading into the training camp in preparation for hunting of bigger fish on the gold coast in less than a fortnight

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks, Wood Rat - junior VC will appreciate your generous comment.

Look forward to seeing you in Qld. Let's hope the gears continue to gnash together well & the team combines to overcome the might of Victoria, Qld I & Qld II.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The players and management should be congratulated on the united presentation during their trip from Sydney on Thursday. The option to wear uniforms added to team unity and sense of value in what they represent.

am sure the lads are appreciating being in cool Queensland away from the Sydney heat. Caloundra Rugby club has provided billiard table fields for this inaugural u/15 and 17 competition
NSW played the Stingrays Presidents invitational Team today a composite of the state cup finalists and some choice players from other Brisbane clubs. That Stingrays team had had a narrow win over Victoria earlier in the day.
It didn't take more than a couple of minutes for the strong running NSW back to commence what turned into a one way try fest. The presidents team fell of to many first tackle to present more than good oppose training for the rampant NSW back line. The NSW pigs made sure the "Stingrays" had few opportunities to demonstrate any attacking skill. This was exaggerated when the qld team option to kick for goal in a rare visit to NSW failed to save the team from indignity.

37 nil at the break was turned to 69-0 at full time. Given the 22 minute halves there is not much more to say

Man of the match as nominated by sting rays 13 James Hawkins
19 Cameron King ripped it up when he came on 15 mins into the game
Remarkable well supported jumping from Ryan McCauly meant line outs were one sided while his pod was together, I am sure the ball was being caught at around 12-15'

Unfortunately Vanuatu Chiefs has no Internet so you won't be getting any intelligent reviews

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
The players and management should be congratulated on the united presentation during their trip from Sydney on Thursday. The option to wear uniforms added to team unity and sense of value in what they represent.

am sure the lads are appreciating being in cool Queensland away from the Sydney heat. Caloundra Rugby club has provided billiard table fields for this inaugural u/15 and 17 competition
NSW played the Stingrays Presidents invitational Team today a composite of the state cup finalists and some choice players from other Brisbane clubs. That Stingrays team had had a narrow win over Victoria earlier in the day.
It didn't take more than a couple of minutes for the strong running NSW back to commence what turned into a one way try fest. The presidents team fell of to many first tackle to present more than good oppose training for the rampant NSW back line. The NSW pigs made sure the "Stingrays" had few opportunities to demonstrate any attacking skill. This was exaggerated when the qld team option to kick for goal in a rare visit to NSW failed to save the team from indignity.

37 nil at the break was turned to 69-0 at full time. Given the 22 minute halves there is not much more to say

Man of the match as nominated by sting rays 13 James Hawkins
19 Cameron King ripped it up when he came on 15 mins into the game
Remarkable well supported jumping from Ryan McCauly meant line outs were one sided while his pod was together, I am sure the ball was being caught at around 12-15'

Unfortunately Vanuatu Chiefs has no Internet so you won't be getting any intelligent reviews
So NSW WON 69-0 Woodrat. Huge effort.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The Queensland management gave NSW 20 head start at breakfast. If rugby was played at the buffet they may have been correct.

The teams were set loose on each other on time. NSW gave away nothing but size. A fired up Queensland looked to take NSW on through the pigs early and lost those exchanges. Demonstrated at around 5 minutes by a driving maul that took NSW from inside their 22 to Qld 1/2, NSW outside backs scared the Maroons defence and only failed to get full benefit through a series of forward passes. It took 12 minutes before they finished another lightning back line movement brought under the post for the kicker.

NSW continued to control the game through the forward into the wind for the remainder of the first stanza. On several occasions Qld managed to get hold of the agate and opted to return it to the NSW back three, who repeatedly carried the ball back to the Queensland defensive 1/3

NSW backs scored as a result of this relentless pressure once more before 1/2 time. At the break the score was 14-0

NSW continued to keep the ball in hand in a tighter second half and missed an early penalty attempt that would have seen them out by 17. This had little impact on the final result as they scored three more unconverted tries with the wind

Final score 29-0

The 20 start was returned unsoiled thank you for the offer

The lads won the final game against Vic by 60+ again read yesterday's report though I think the forwards had a bit more fun in this match

It's NSW teams 4 games
230 for 0 against

I may stand corrected but I believe there were no passengers. Reserves were assets and the team was benefitted for running on fresh legs

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Finally back online after an excellent trip to the well equipped Caloundra Rugby Union Club & a highly successful campaign by the boys.

IMO Wood Rat has captured the essence of the team’s performances very well.

Great to see the boys bonding so well on & off the field. Many memorable highlights in both attack & defence & looking forward to reliving them via the DVDs.

Head Coach, Bill Bell, and his coaching/management team are to be congratulated for the high quality & attractive rugby on display. Including the game against ACT in September to amass 230+ points for & nil against is a great result by any standards.

Plenty of talent in this squad that augurs well for next year & beyond. Given the number of quality players that missed out but will be competing in the U16s, NSW junior rugby appears to be travelling in a good space.

Status
Not open for further replies.