• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 - schools, NSWJRU / SJRU / CRJU 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner

Allen Oxlade (6)
And the washup is:

Eastwood - 4
Gordon - 6
Warringah - 9
Parra - 2
Southern Districts - 2

WESTERN ZONE - 5 (21.7%)
NORTHERN ZONE - 7 (30.4%)
SOUTHERN ZONE - 2 (8.7%)
BARBARIANS - 9 (39.1%)

NORTHERN ZONE PLUS BARBARIANS (really NORTHERN ZONE 2nds) - 69.5% of the squad.

U16 Sydney Juniors
1AndersonLachlanEastwood WZ
2ChapmanHarrisonEastwood WZ
3CliffordCampbellGordon B
4DaltonBaileyWarringah B
5EnglandDanielWarringah NZ
6FaatuiEliaWarringah NZ
7GibsonStevenParramatta WZ
8HancockAlexGordon B
9HawkinsJamesWarringah NZ
10HeatonLouisEastwood WZ
11HortonTomGordon NZ
12HughesLachlanSouthern Districts SZ
13HurleyConnorGordon NZ
14LeaverTomGordon NZ
15Ligaliga-ToniseDenzalParramatta WZ
16McLennanHarrySouthern Districts SZ
17McRaeWillWarringah B
18MilhamLukeWarringah B
19OrpenChrisEastwood B
20SimpsonLochieGordon NZ
21StrangTheoWarringah B
22TooheyFraserWarringah B
23TutunoaCyprusWarringah B

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
And the washup is:

Eastwood - 4
Gordon - 6
Warringah - 9
Parra - 2
Southern Districts - 2

WESTERN ZONE - 5 (21.7%)
NORTHERN ZONE - 7 (30.4%)
SOUTHERN ZONE - 2 (8.7%)
BARBARIANS - 9 (39.1%)

NORTHERN ZONE PLUS BARBARIANS (really NORTHERN ZONE 2nds) - 69.5% of the squad.

U16 Sydney Juniors
1AndersonLachlanEastwood WZ
2ChapmanHarrisonEastwood WZ
3CliffordCampbellGordon B
4DaltonBaileyWarringah B
5EnglandDanielWarringah NZ
6FaatuiEliaWarringah NZ
7GibsonStevenParramatta WZ
8HancockAlexGordon B
9HawkinsJamesWarringah NZ
10HeatonLouisEastwood WZ
11HortonTomGordon NZ
12HughesLachlanSouthern Districts SZ
13HurleyConnorGordon NZ
14LeaverTomGordon NZ
15Ligaliga-ToniseDenzalParramatta WZ
16McLennanHarrySouthern Districts SZ
17McRaeWillWarringah B
18MilhamLukeWarringah B
19OrpenChrisEastwood B
20SimpsonLochieGordon NZ
21StrangTheoWarringah B
22TooheyFraserWarringah B
23TutunoaCyprusWarringah B

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
The analysis should be done after NSW Schools publishes its list of players as they draw from a common pool of players (with a few exceptions of those boys who do not play club). Hopefully they have thought about combinations of players after the debacle on the w/end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congratulations to all the boys selected.

Stay fit. Train hard.

The goal is a NSW Schools vs Sydney Juniors Final, with Country playing off against Qld Red Brumbies (there are some NSW Southern Inland boys there) for the Bronze medal.

Congratulations also to the Juniors Unpaid Interns.
You come in for some stick from me, most of it deserved, but I am also prepared to acknowledge good work when it happens.

Last year the SJRU U16 team was not up on the web site for about a Week after the names were published in the paper. This year you have beaten the Schools in the publishing stakes.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
spacer.gif

NSW TEAMS TO ATTEND THE ARU U16 CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

NSW Schools Rugby Union
P. Bradford, Harry Chapman, J. Donato, E. Filemu, M. Girdler, N. Gittoes, H. Goddard, T. Hill, H. Hutchison, S. Kennewell, S. Loga-Tarogi, L. Lough, R. McCauley, J. McGregor, J. Maddux, J. Nettleton, A. Nguyen, J. Oxley, S. Passfield, T. Piroddi, G. Porter, J.Richards & J. Storey. Schools team just posted

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great to see H Goddard in the squad after the stuff up by the Sydney 15s, best half in the 15s by a country mile. Looks like a good squad.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I see there are a couple of boys listed who are playing this week.
I really think these boys need to choose an age group and stick to it.
By all means play up in the Opens,but then don't go back to your own age group.

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Peter,
I know of one boy that played in the opens whom I was told played above his years. Don't quote me on this but apparently he was told that he would be going back to 16's.

My sons play alongside this fine young man in village and zone teams and although I would rather him not play two years above his age group I know he is quite capable.

Happy to see he made the NSW Schoolboys 16's :)

juniors spectator

Stan Wickham (3)
All teams are on the NSW Schools website although quite a few spelling errors! Country team is:

NSW Country Junior Rugby Union
L. Baker, R. Connolly, N. Cushan, I. Enright, B. Ford, R. Graham, B. Hauville, C. Hicks, H. Johnson-Holmes, A. King, N. McCrohon, R. Peden, D. Phillips, A. Pohla, K. Ramplin-Smith, D. Ryan, M. Stewart, J. Strange, J. Thorndyke, S. Townsend, Z. Trinkler, D. Woods & J. Woods

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Schools have assembled a very solid looking team, and should do well.

Posters, what do you all think about Hutchison and Kennewell being selected for Under 16s schools when both are playing in NSW 2 and CS this week? Is this just Schools making sure they beat Qld or should two other 16s get a gig? No question as to strength.

Also, as others have noted, I have a problem with upgrading 15s to 16s. All in good time. I didn't notice either of the 15s selected (although one has big reputation?)

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know when the country team will be announced

Interested to know if this is the same Country team that played at Knox? If so, it was not strong against the other associations let alone super teams. Does anyone know? Poor guys - most of key players have "moved on" to greener and more lucrative pastures.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
At Knox, a NSW Country Schools team plays.

This team is a NSW Country JRU team, and is typically stronger than NSW Country Schools.

Country JRU are chosen a long time before Jnr State Champs.

Some Country JRU players attend at Knox for their School Association such as CHS, CCC or ISA.

If these boys get selected by NSW Schools, then Country JRU generally needs to find another player.

Don't think that the city boys are the only ones with two pathways at U16 level.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Posters, what do you all think about Hutchison and Kennewell being selected for Under 16s schools when both are playing in NSW 2 and CS this week? Is this just Schools making sure they beat Qld or should two other 16s get a gig? No question as to strength.

Also, as others have noted, I have a problem with upgrading 15s to 16s. All in good time. I didn't notice either of the 15s selected (although one has big reputation?)
At this level of rep rugby it is surely about selecting the best available and eligible to play. whether that means players playing up an age group, or others having participated in higher age groups then realigning with their normal age group. I understand the sentiment but rep sport is not club. I am not endorsing the selections, thats their call, but in principal in my opinion there is no problem with players being promoted and also playing i their correct age group.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Unfortunately this naivety and clumsiness by the elected officials is of no comfort to the many boys who tried there hearts out in horrible conditions only to leave bitterly disappointed. I also get pi**ed off when people say all this is "a great learning experience for our lads and will hold them in good stead in adult life". There is no excuse for incompetence and ignorance in rugby today.
So True and a lot of Politics, I know first hand some years ago where Coaches and Selectors gathered at the Manly Skiff Club and picked the boys they wanted. Its a hard age to keep kids in any Sport and the selection needs to be fair and the right kids rewarded. These Boys aren't stupid, they know themselves if they should have been selected or not and why their mate who played so well throughout wasn't.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Interested to know if this is the same Country team that played at Knox? If so, it was not strong against the other associations let alone super teams. Does anyone know? Poor guys - most of key players have "moved on" to greener and more lucrative pastures.
None from the Knox country team seem to have been selected
There are I believe a couple from CCC and three or four from CHS in the country team.
Bradford Loose head from hunter was playing CHS opens 2nds made the NSW team

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The country schools carnival selection trial was held the same week end as the state cup and must have had a very limited or reduced pool to select from

Status
Not open for further replies.