• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magpie4ever

You answered your own question. IGS is CHS by another name. Go figure eh!! Why call GPS President's ... lmao!!

Then going by that draw the only game I wouldn't be confident of predicting the winner is CAS v CCC and that depends on whether the CCC run their selected first 15 on or not. President's, ISA & IGS (CHS)

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
You answered your own question. IGS is CHS by another name. Go figure eh!! Why call GPS President's ... lmao!!

As we are not yet a republic, surely GPS should be called "Her Majesty's XV". An appropriate victory song springs to mind!

M

magpie4ever

As we are not yet a republic, surely GPS should be called "Her Majesty's XV". An appropriate victory song springs to mind!

Wonder how many of "Her Majesty's" team have been there since the start of year 7. :lmao:

D

Dingdong

Wonder how many of "Her Majesty's" team have been there since the start of year 7. :lmao:

Yeah.......... and I've heard some of 'em were abducted by aliens in year 6 and injected with some sort of implant.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Don't know the trial teams but the GPS U16 (President's XV) as selected following the trials is:

Streeter, Toward, (Shore - 2 )
King, Cutler, Kelly, Lyon, Tooth (Riverview - 5)
Sandell, Schwager, Pennisi, Goldie, Deegan (Joeys - 5)
Davis, Tulloch, Jones, Matson, Stacy (Kings - 5)
Prassas, Lussick, Moeroa, Popple, Morris (Newington - 5)
Kamp, Starkey, Craft (Scots - 3)

Some interesting selections and omissions there.

Thought that there might be a few more Scot's boys in the squad as they are very strong in this age group.

C

cold coffee

Thanks, I might sound a rugby dunce with this question; but who is IGS and what happened to CHS (combined high schools)?

Independent Goverment Schools sounds logical... Who is the President anyway? To quote our 1st ever famous redhead ... "PLEASE EXPLAIN"

M

magpie4ever

Independent Goverment Schools sounds logical... Who is the President anyway? To quote our 1st ever famous redhead ... "PLEASE EXPLAIN"

Just maybe, they go under the president's banner & not GPS is that the majority of the side came into the GPS system via the non-existence sport scholarship.:lmao:

R

rara10

Just maybe, they go under the president's banner & not GPS is that the majority of the side came into the GPS system via the non-existence sport scholarship.:lmao:

would be nice to read comments on the team and leave the other stuff on it's own thread

M

magpie4ever

OK, to be serious here are my predictions:

1st Round winners: President's, ISA, IGS (CHS). Now if CCC put their 1 to 15 up against CAS, then CCC.

2nd Round: President's to defeat ISA. If CCC defeat CAS, they can beat IGS, if CAS defeat CCC then, then IGS will win.

Final: While knowing a few of these blokes before they became GPS pupils, (or should I say 'the president's men (boys)' - they will be extremely difficult to beat.

R

rara10

Any thoughts on what the starting line up will look like for presidents?

D

Dingdong

Any thoughts on what the starting line up will look like for presidents?

Just Guessing

1 Sandell
2 King
3 Streeter
4 Cutler
5 Schwager
6 Pennisi (if fit)
7 Kamp
8 Prassas
9 Davis
10 Lussick
11 Craft
12 Tulloch
13 Moerea
14 Popple
15 Jones

M

magpie4ever

I noticed Lucas Bateman was not named in the President's side. Any reason?

Also, I've heard a great deal about Robbie Wolfgram's talent on this thread. Now, don't get me wrong, he scored a good try against CCC from close range but he seemed to carry a mass of surplus weight for a centre, is that his normal build?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Anyone want to tell me why CAS are putting in 2 teams - with 6 schools that would suggest that 1 in 3 players have been selected (ignoring the few boys playing 1st XV for their schools).

M

magpie4ever

Anyone want to tell me why CAS are putting in 2 teams - with 6 schools that would suggest that 1 in 3 players have been selected (ignoring the few boys playing 1st XV for their schools).

My guess, to make it a eight team competition and it is being hosted by Knox, could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.