• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Sorry - silly is not directed at you- your explanation is probably 100% accurate - what is silly is any circumstance that leads to 1 in 3 players from CAS being afforded the opportunity to participate - surely a second team from any numerically stronger competition makes more sense / moth

M

magpie4ever

Sorry - silly is not directed at you- your explanation is probably 100% accurate - what is silly is any circumstance that leads to 1 in 3 players from CAS being afforded the opportunity to participate - surely a second team from any numerically stronger competition makes more sense / moth

I fully agree or maybe a U16s NSW Indigenous team.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Yep, but unfortunately an idea like that would require some vision at NSWRU, and when it come to schools & / or juniors they are just about clueless - just ask garling

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just Guessing

1 Sandell
2 King
3 Streeter
4 Cutler
5 Schwager
6 Pennisi (if fit)
7 Kamp
8 Prassas
9 Davis
10 Lussick
11 Craft
12 Tulloch
13 Moerea
14 Popple
15 Jones

Like this... but initially would have been hesitant to split the Davis/Tulloch combination. That said I can see Tulloch doing some marvelous things for Tepai. He's very good but Tulloch will give him so many opprtunities during the game. Can also see Jones working off Tulloch to great advantage too.

Is Pennisi carrying an injury?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I noticed Lucas Bateman was not named in the President's side. Any reason?

When I met his father at the State Champs I was told that he'd been booked to go on a two week school History tour of Greece for over 6 months or so. As it leaves on Friday or Saturday this week he wasn't available to play in either the GPS or MWZ U16 teams .

Pity as he and Sandell would have made made a sensational 1 and 3 up front for the GPS team and would have been very strong contenders to be the NSW U16 Schools props.

G

G-78-XV-V

Just Guessing

1 Sandell
2 King
3 Streeter
4 Cutler
5 Schwager
6 Pennisi (if fit)
7 Kamp
8 Prassas
9 Davis
10 Lussick
11 Craft
12 Tulloch
13 Moerea
14 Popple
15 Jones

training on Wednesday @ riverview...will know then....

W

waves

Will Clark (T) playing Opens at the moment, be available to play for CAS U16's on wednesday ?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Some other notable absentees from the GPS U16 squad: - Hardy, Feehan, McCalman, Carter, King and Meagher. As they don't appear in the Open teams are they injured, out of form or unlucky?

Bill McLean (32)
Too True!!!

Yep, but unfortunately an idea like that would require some vision at NSWRU, and when it come to schools & / or juniors they are just about clueless - just ask garling

Australia is virtually the only rugby playing nation where the junior system is not properly co-ordinated under, or answerable to, the peak body (i.e. the ARU). For mine Garling was on the money!

A current and perfect example of how our dysfunctional system operates is where an under 16 player has been chosen for both zone and school representation. Admittedly both are on seperate weekends however training nights are presently conflicting in some teams (and this doesn't include club training as their are still games this weekend).

NZ does not have this problem

Regards,

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes that's correct and Kings only beat them 25-17

Where are Crichton and Crossley playing at Scots or are either of them injured?

Would that be Angus Crichton from Young by chance? If so, his dad was at Scots in late 80's or early 90's and played for Oz Schoolboys, great bloke...

I

International Badboy

Some other notable absentees from the GPS U16 squad: - Hardy, Feehan, McCalman, Carter, King and Meagher. As they don't appear in the Open teams are they injured, out of form or unlucky?

none of them seem to have done anything special or played any better than the boys listed in the team IMO

Except possibly hardy and mcalman

Status
Not open for further replies.