• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
none of them seem to have done anything special or played any better than the boys listed in the team IMO

Except possibly hardy and mcalman

Both Hardy and McCalman should have been in the 25 named. I've heard that Sunday's trials were conducted on a "probables" v "possibles" basis so no doubt the selectors had some pretty firm ideas about who would be in the GPS squad before the boys trialled.

D

Dingdong

Like this... but initially would have been hesitant to split the Davis/Tulloch combination. That said I can see Tulloch doing some marvelous things for Tepai. He's very good but Tulloch will give him so many opprtunities during the game. Can also see Jones working off Tulloch to great advantage too.

Is Pennisi carrying an injury?

They played Tulloch at 12 in the last trial on Sunday. He played very well there, so I'm thinking it solves a problerm for them. Pennisi came off with some sort of leg problem as did Matson ( looked like shoulder or arm). Both might be in doubt

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
They played Tulloch at 12 in the last trial on Sunday. He played very well there, so I'm thinking it solves a problerm for them. Pennisi came off with some sort of leg problem as did Matson ( looked like shoulder or arm). Both might be in doubt

Have Davis and Lussick played together previously?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
What happens if Deegan makes NSW 1s or 2s open?
Then he wont play 16's as is the case with Kellaway and Redden, but seeing as the teams have been picked bar an injury in the above teams he will be playing 3rds and 16s

D

Dingdong

Have Davis and Lussick played together previously?

I've been told that they were paired up together last year in Canberrs (national 15's camp)and worked well together. Tulloch/Davis combo is a better combo but that leaves Lussick out all together as he's not a SJ's candidate. I just think the higher powers will be keen to accomodate as best they can ALL the ARU's gold squad boys.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I've been told that they were paired up together last year in Canberrs (national 15's camp)and worked well together. Tulloch/Davis combo is a better combo but that leaves Lussick out all together as he's not a SJ's candidate. I just think the higher powers will be keen to accomodate as best they can ALL the ARU's gold squad boys.

"SJ's candidate" - ?

Bill McLean (32)
Lol@hm-vx

Wonder how many of "Her Majesty's" team have been there since the start of year 7. :lmao:

I'll go one better than you here!

For those who know their history (albeit ancient history ... lol) given that the School Champs are at Knox this weekend I was intending to wear my favourite "Glasgow Celtic" jersey to see if sectarian fervour was still alive and well within the college.

Perhaps I might make Reverend Knox spin in his grave ... LMAO ... LMAO!!!!! Go the NSWCCC Taigs!!

Regards,
Newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.