• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
2. Nick Reid
3. Eddie Jin
5. Jamie Greentree
6. Rob Black
11. Nathan Kumar
13. Tom Bucknell
14. Leslie Parwada

these boys plus the ones you mentioned i think are their full strength team.

Thanks QCF.

Just one thing... there was another boy who made the ARU U16 Merit team as the reserve hooker, Nick Brown. I was positive he was at Kings too.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Thanks QCF.

Just one thing... there was another boy who made the ARU U16 Merit team as the reserve hooker, Nick Brown. I was positive he was at Kings too.

i think he's in the 16Bs.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Hmm I forgot about him. I don't think he was in the A's at the start of the season but he might be there now.

my knowledge only extends back to when they vsed Newington as that is the only game where I knew who was in the team. changes since then i am unaware of. there's quite a few eastwood players in this age group at Kings, both in the A's and B's.

C

Casnovian

The big difficulty for U16s Schools selectors at the moment is that so many GPS and CAS schools are playing their U16s players in Opens rugby. Some of them get overawed by it all and don't perform as they can against their own age group whilst others find the physicality of Opens rugby just too much for them at this time. That said if you're U16 and can stand out in Open's rugby you deseve to get the opportunity of School's representation.

I hear you loud and clear. There are some who are relishing every minute mixing it with the big boys and far from disgracing themselves - holding their own. Be prepared for some - out of left field selections.

The down side of leaving the 16s in 16s and not exposing them to the opens - then playing up in the representatives is not being prepared for the intensity and physicality of players such as Gordon Broome, Rhys Dombkins and Josh Calcagno.

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSW selectors have had there eyes on the joeys under 16 opens boys as selectors have been at each game

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
NSW selectors have had there eyes on the joeys under 16 opens boys as selectors have been at each game

GPS selectors have been at all U16 and Opens trial games looking at U16 talent. They have to be because the U16 GPS team gets selected after the first two rounds of the GPS or perhaps even earlier given that the second round is on 18 June and the U16 Schools selection trials are on the following weekend. ARU "talent identifcation/development" officers have also been at select GPS, CAS, CHS and other games looking at the performances of members of their U16 NSW JGS and U16 Merit team and with the hope of unearthing a few "diamonds" who might only play schoolboy rugby. I think you'll find that the Sydney U16 selectors are also looking at a lot of schools games at the moment as I'm sure that this year they get first choice of selecting players who are eligible to play both NSW U16 Schools and Sydney U16s.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Jeff Markus (St Pats) would have to be in contention, especially after making NSW opens NGS. Him being one of only a few 16s i believe, and is very versatile. Got his mind set on union now after playing Parramatta Harold Matts' which is good news.

http://austschools.rugbynet.com.au/...uad_Lists_-_ARU_PATHWAY_TO_GOLD_PROGRAMME.pdf

There are about 56 boys in the NSW U16 JGS and a number of U16s in the NSW NGS. Add to this the boys in the JGS U16 Merit team mentioned previously in this thread and there is certainly plenty of talent to choose from.

I

International Badboy

Seems like we have no trouble finding under 16s talent in this state which is good to know

R

roosters123

For those that think that anymore than 3 Kings players (Matt Mattson, Rory Davis and corey tulloch) will make any team higher than the Kings 16A's, you must be mstaken.
Kings have the most woeful attack and defense i've seen in a long time, Newington were unlucky to lose, having a half strength team.

Newington, Scots, Joeys, Riverview will dominate GPS 16's selections with the 3 stated above Kings boys to make it,
Dream on Kings....

footy-kid

Allen Oxlade (6)
a kid from the country was in the junior gold squad and NTS, nic andrews, played knights harold matts this year and is a one of a kind, also playing country. natural ability and whenever i see him play is great, think he can match it with the sydney GPS players..id put him at 5/8

R

rara10

Gee roosters123 i would hate to see when they have a REF against them then they were smashed in the penelty count and had 2 trys disallowed

R

roosters123

John Robertson has been completely outplayed in every game so far this year, lacking in defence and attack

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
For those that think that anymore than 3 Kings players (Matt Mattson, Rory Davis and corey tulloch) will make any team higher than the Kings 16A's, you must be mstaken.
Kings have the most woeful attack and defense i've seen in a long time, Newington were unlucky to lose, having a half strength team.

Newington, Scots, Joeys, Riverview will dominate GPS 16's selections with the 3 stated above Kings boys to make it,
Dream on Kings....
Rory Davis will only make the team because Pat Curtin is injured.

I

International Badboy

John Robertson has been completely outplayed in every game so far this year, lacking in defence and attack

Bit harsh don't you think mate?

T

TigersFan5

Here here Roosters123, You said it all. They are to full of themselves from what the word around the GPS is.

I think View will be the toughest competition followed by New and Scots

Status
Not open for further replies.