• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Number of tries scored by Maul 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Once again, do you really believe this internet forum is significantly influencing rugby media and officialdom on this topic?
And the "effluence" line was a little in-joke.

Nah your right. No chance an internet forum could effluence anything; even with an in-joke that could be seen as reverse engineered.

Looks like Georgina's been on here getting a story. Congrats to those quoted!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...up-jersey-slammed-online-20150609-ghk7jm.html

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
My solution and I've been banging on about it since early this year is that the attacking maul can't be allowed to "swim around the side".

Not only must the ball carrier be properly bound at the back and the ball not be handed back until the jumper is on the ground, if the defensive team get a stop, the attacking team can't peel off and create a new maul by discarding the players at the front who have been stopped. Half of all rolling mauls come from this and I don't see why the attacking team should essentially be able to swim around the side of their own failed maul.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
If you wanted some loose numbers to base the article off why not search the rugby match forum's for maul and try in same sentence. You'd catch 95% of the tries scored in Aus and NZ over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.