1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by waiopehu oldboy, May 7, 2020.

1. ACR Dick Tooth (41)

That Jordan kid is annoyingly good.
    KiwiM and Dan54 like this.
  2. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

fffs aint that the truth, felt like the jammy cantabs played the entire 2nd half under advantage. Ref ushering them through. Armchair ride. "This way to the tryline boys".
  3. zer0 Bob Davidson (42)

Guess it's up to the undefeated Blues to sort out this Crusaders mob then.
    KiwiM and Dismal Pillock like this.
  4. ACR Dick Tooth (41)

76% possession in the second half. Just given the ball back constantly. Oh well, at least next week either the Blues or the Crusaders will lose, so I'll enjoy that.
  5. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

6. Dan54 Andrew Slack (58)

F*** that was a good bloody game! Jordan is having a good run of games isn't he? Smith never ceases to amaze me how well he plays and clears the ball, he really is a class above most other halfbacks playing the game at the moment. Frizzell is yelling that he wants the black No 6 jersey! Geez I enjoyed that game so much!
    aeneas and waiopehu oldboy like this.
  7. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

^ commented a while back that WJ reminds me of Christian Cullen but that chip, chase & regather last night was pure Goldie. He's my 14 for South & if Fozzy is gunna persist with Beaugan at 15 & DMac as Plan B I'd be looking at him as an AB wing, too.
    Dan54 likes this.
  8. Dan54 Andrew Slack (58)

Yep that take with the left hand on the kick and chase was pure class, as seems to be most of what he does, and by geez Reece is getting to be busiest wnger going around, Jordans take on the kick and reece snatching a ball that was at his feet while at pace are signs of players who really really want the ball and don't give up on it! Geez what's Fozzie going to do with Clarke, Ioane looks the 13 for me, and Goodhue at 12? So ALB , Lumpy could struggle for spots too!
  9. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

After a cool but sunny morning the weather here in the 'tron has turned cool & damp with a decent breeze. Anyone hoping to play March footy today will have to be either very accurate or very lucky. Cruden's ability to control a territory & possession game will be the difference imo. Tribe by 7-11.
  10. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

damn, Cheifs with 3 or so tries in as many games and they just do not look likely. Camped on Canes 22 forever, plugging away, zero impact

DMac vs Jordie, god I cant stand either of these players. Can't they both just bugger off to Toulon?

if I was the Canes coach I'd be giving Jordie a HT serve "HEY. TENURE BOY. There's a time and place for the cute footsy shit and its not as often as you fucken think, you dickhead."
  11. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

Geez Ta’avao is superb on the interview again, can we get him commentating regularly and ditch Marshall?
  12. Dctarget Tony Shaw (54)

Ta'avao looks like he works at some obscure microbrewery in Fitzroy.
  13. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

That was some kick by JBar, had to be 60m allowing for the angle. Not sure it's an 18-point breeze....
    aeneas likes this.
  14. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

woah, Weber with the "Today, Junior!" Billy Madison reference to Coles and his slow lineout throw

15. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Gotta feel for Scrafton, that first YC was pretty harsh. Less than 20 to go so he won't be replaced.
  16. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

So much for Cruden being the difference, he's been outplayed by JG-B to the point of anonymity & then he's overcooked the last-roll-of-the-dice penalty touchfinder. Tribe need two scores in four minutes, they've seldom looked like scoring twice in the preceding 76.

Edit: Boshier over in the corner but surely it's too little too late, less than two minutes left.
  17. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

whats the go with the Canes wearing the nearly black strip instead of the yellow one?
  18. Dismal Pillock Tony Shaw (54)

Dmac just makes the game more difficult for any of his teammates who enter his periphery.

Chiefs 4 games, 4 tries, 0-4. Gatlands AB fantasy in tatters.
  19. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Points table looking a little more realistic than the clearly-doctored one posted a week ago..

IMG_1006.JPG
  20. zer0 Bob Davidson (42)

[IMG]
    aeneas and Dismal Pillock like this.