• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Not sure who the 13 for Waikato was but holy crap he was a burden on that team, every time he got the ball the Waikato flow died in the ass

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not sure who the 13 for Waikato was but holy crap he was a burden on that team, every time he got the ball the Waikato flow died in the ass
Tupaia yeah some talking him up but he7s looked more like a liability to me in SRA

Jules try looked good in the highlights

Norfland what a comback. 3-20 down and win 40 something to 26.
Sam Nock is now full-on blonde
90's Techno MTV Vid Throwback Lid

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_1041.JPG

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Should be a heap of AB in action again this week e.g. Mo'unga & Beaugan in the Shield match but from next week there's no blanket release & at some point in the next week or two Fozzie will expand his AB squad to 46, further restricting the availability of AB. Gives the younger blokes a chance to strut their stuff but the standard will likely drop a little. Hopefully ratings (& crowds once allowed back) don't suffer.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to Shield clash WOB, and I am pretty relaxed when ABs get taken out next week, as I love seeing all the young uns anyway, one of the real strengths of the comp.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ with you 100% on that Dan but I think we'd be in the minority if past attendances & ratings are anything to go by.

Wouldn't mind 'naki grabbing the Shield this week as long as they lose it to the Aucks as that's probably the only way Mako get a shot this year. Bloody thing has developed a nasty habit of evading them!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Watching the Waikato/NH game at moment and thing that springs to mind for me is how good heads up rugby young Roe for Waikato plays, love seeing that in a 9, then he goes off for a HIA and the other young bugger that comes on is same. Real rugby brains , as I said I love it!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well well well, how good is rugby? I know most posters don't watch NZ rugby, but by geez that was a classic Ranfurly Shield match, and I feel for you that you missed it. 23 -22 and probably the most dominant performance by a 7 for quite some time!

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Well well well, how good is rugby? I know most posters don't watch NZ rugby, but by geez that was a classic Ranfurly Shield match, and I feel for you that you missed it. 23 -22 and probably the most dominant performance by a 7 for quite some time!

Bang on. What a wonderful game of rugby. Shield rugby is great - especially when a smaller province takes it off a bigger one. Boshier what a performance.

Invaluable learning for youngsters like Lord and Vaai to lock horns with Romano and Whitelock.

Speaking of youngsters - that Taranaki wing Kneepkens was terrific. Can see why he's in the 7s program. He completely outplayed Bridge - Bridge to me is a player who is far too dependent on those inside him - as he has next to no footwork he has very little ability to create on his own.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Bang on. What a wonderful game of rugby. Shield rugby is great - especially when a smaller province takes it off a bigger one. Boshier what a performance.

Invaluable learning for youngsters like Lord and Vaai to lock horns with Romano and Whitelock.

Speaking of youngsters - that Taranaki wing Kneepkens was terrific. Can see why he's in the 7s program. He completely outplayed Bridge - Bridge to me is a player who is far too dependent on those inside him - as he has next to no footwork he has very little ability to create on his own.

How Boshier isn't in the wider AllBlacks squad I really don't know. Such a smart/hardworking player.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

And what impressed me big time was Vai in first lineout just having a bit of a push and shove with Whitelock, letting him know he not going to get pushed around!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mighty 'nua 8-43 Wellyrapa Bush. Only saw the last few minutes on Mainfreight Rugby just now but clearly some shenanigans going on.