• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Yep young Roe for Waikato looks really good - and against the best teams in the comp too (Wellington, Tasman). He should be in a Super squad next year.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
No idea who he is, but that Auckland reserve hooker was shockingly poor. Might as well have swapped his white hoops for yellow ones.

EDIT: Fortunately managed to survive squeaky bum time, despite the aforementioned punishers best efforts.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Poaching bastard Cantabs look to have poached a good 'un in young Fergus Burke (St Paul's Hamilton who may or may not have themselves poached him from elsewhere). Brett Cameron must be searching seek.com, keywords "ex All Black" right now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez didn't see the Harbour/Tasman result coming. Loved the fact that even when they had the game tied up the Hrabour boys kept putting bodies on line to try and stop Tasman scoring.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ 2 x overlapping YC wouldn't have helped but, yeah, I had that one pretty much inked in as a W. Hopefully that's their shit game of the year done & Shield glory awaits!

Edit: that being dependent on Otago holding onto the fucking which looks 50/50 right now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would ordinarily say it will be there for Tasman, but after the Bay's game yesterday I not sure.

Prescient man is our Dan.

Another Shield Challenge-less season for Tasman who've now had just two in the 15 seasons since being formed.

Actual challenges are now:

16/10 Northland
23/10 Manawatu*
8/11 Wellington

* if Wellington become the season's fifth Shield holder Manawatu would get another crack at it on 14/11. As above, Tasman two in 15 seasons, Manawatu potentially two in three weeks.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Possibilty that the Bay may hang onto it for season now. Wellington look like they will be tough, but would think Bay may hang on against Taniwha and Manawatu.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If anyone's wondering when the Shield last changed hands so often in a single season the answer is 1950 when Otago, Canterbury, Wairarapa (Bush were still a Union back then), South Canterbury & North Auckland (as Northland were known at the time) all held it. Shortest tenure is Hawke's Bay's six days in 2013 & several teams have only held it for seven days, Otago now included. Taranaki's preceding eight day tenure was therefore the third-shortest in the 116 years of Shield rugby.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Son of Michael Jones on the bench for Auckland for a debut - he's been with the NZ 7s program. Also looking forward to seeing Vikena who is a highly rated young hooker.

Auckland: Jordan Trainor, AJ Lam, Tumua Manu, TJ Faiane (c), Salesi Rayasi, Harry Plummer, Taufa Funaki, Waimana Reidlinger-Kapa, Blake Gibson, Adrian Choat, Jack Whetton, Scott Scrafton, Marcel Renata, Leni Apisai, James Lay. Reserves: Soane Vikena, Jarred Adams, Marco Fepulea’i, Hamish Dalzell, Niko Jones, Jonathan Ruru, Simon Hickey, Tanielu Tele’a.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mighty 'nua hosting Wanganui at a spruced-up (compared to how I remember it) Shannon Domain on tonight's Mainfreight Rugby featuring some names Dan54 will be familiar with: yet another Woodmass, Bob Wiki's boy Dallas & a Tovo whose first name I didn't catch - on debut. Getting a touch-up from the Butcher Boys, unfortunately.

Edit: 'nua CEO & all-round legend Corey Kennett helping to keep the production costs down by doing the pre- & post-match interviews.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mighty 'nua hosting Wanganui at a spruced-up (compared to how I remember it) Shannon Domain on tonight's Mainfreight Rugby featuring some names Dan54 will be familiar with: yet another Woodmass, Bob Wiki's boy Dallas & a Tovo whose first name I didn't catch - on debut. Getting a touch-up from the Butcher Boys, unfortunately.

Edit: 'nua CEO & all-round legend Corey Kennett helping to keep the production costs down by doing the pre- & post-match interviews.
Woner if Dallas is as hard as Bob was, geez now the Tovo's are back? Think Twiggy Woodmass had a boy who was ok, so obviously better than Dad or Uncles were, generally capable club players only really.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big weekend coming up in the Premiership.

Early game Saturday 5th place Wellington (15 points) v 6th North Harbour (11), must-win for Harbour or they'll struggle to make the SF.

Mid-afternoon Saturday 2nd Auckland (19) v 1st Tasman (20) both looking good for home SF but winner can put themselves in a good position to finish top seed.

Sunday 4th Canterbury (17) v 3rd Waikato (19), loser could potentially drop to sixth.