• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If Folau had a run to line impeded by McNicholl, Slade and two other turnstyles, he would have finished that try as well.
On Twitter, I commented straight after that try how bad the defensive structure was from the Crusaders in that phase of play. In fact for a lot of the game - missed nearly 40 tackles I think.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Saders down again!! This is starting to get really serious for them. Injuries to their star players, losing home games, they are in serious trouble. One bonus point only tonight. You can hear the cheering of the Chiefs, Sharks and Waratahs from SA and the Brumbies from Melbourne.

Despite their raw deal in SA, you might think the Blues will go past the Saders for the sixth spot, particularly if their stars start to come good.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
v.entertaining stuff alright.

Leiua will put that match-winner in his highlights CV, holy crap. Gets Barrett out of jail for his penalty fuck ups. And his daftly racing out of the line early for Slade's try

wow, Savea utterly skins Dagg for pace over just 20 yards for his try.

I wonder why the Warratahs let Nadolo go?

Poor Cantabs don't even have enough residual nous left over in the tank from their glory days to take care of the shit-for-brains Canes, who they ALWAYS had the nous to beat, even when WGTN were trotting out Cullen, Lomu and Umaga as their goddamn back 3 while Cantabs countered with Ralph Hamilton, Caleb Ralph and Ralph the dog.

M

Moono75

Just not clicking for the Crusaders this year. Agree Dagg hasn't been great. They are missing that crazy Zack Guildford.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bogan barrett misses a sitter.

Crusaders this year look a lot more vulnerable than they have been in the past.

Has their bubble of invincibility burst?

We've suffered losses over the last few years that in earlier times we would have put away, & we've also had some ugly/scrappy wins when previously we would have been clinical.

The bubble was burst quite some time ago. McCaw & Carters absence is felt but I do think the bigger issue is the back line not gelling. We've had some shuffling/changes there, can't be good for cohesion. Forwards not too bad.

Not a great game for Reids' milestone but Canes deserved winners. I just hope we keep building as the season goes on & get better.

Just not clicking for the Crusaders this year. Agree Dagg hasn't been great. They are missing that crazy Zack Guildford.

A fully clothed & switched on Zack Guildford would help our cause right now. At least I think so anyway.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
v.entertaining stuff alright.

Leiua will put that match-winner in his highlights CV, holy crap. Gets Barrett out of jail for his penalty fuck ups. And his daftly racing out of the line early for Slade's try

wow, Savea utterly skins Dagg for pace over just 20 yards for his try.

I wonder why the Warratahs let Nadolo go?

Poor Cantabs don't even have enough residual nous left over in the tank from their glory days to take care of the shit-for-brains Canes, who they ALWAYS had the nous to beat, even when WGTN were trotting out Cullen, Lomu and Umaga as their goddamn back 3 while Cantabs countered with Ralph Hamilton, Caleb Ralph and Ralph the dog.
Because, back then, he was pretty ordinary. Big, yep, quick enough and hard to stop, but poor hands, and shocking defensively - turned slower than the Queen Mary. And was actually pretty docile then. He looks a little leaner and meaner now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well as a Canes man, I would say confidently I was never worried, never looked like losing........as the Tui ad says....yeah right!!
Surely enjoyed bthat game, thrush adds a bit to Canes tight 5, and Bateman certainly puts a little bit of stabilty to their mid field. Savea the older certainly looked like he was enjoying himself, Leiua was pretty tough to stop, and Andre Taylor rounded out a bloody good back 3, reports of Conrads demise looked a little premature too.
Still it just one game, but I been a Canes man long enough to know you jump on bandwagon when you can:D;)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Didn't like the way Conrad was mouthing off at the officials at different times....especially when replays show he was clearly in the wrong....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
HT, Blues 17-9 vs Highlanders, looking onto it here, big Georgie Moala busting out the K Rd afterburners to evade the cops I mean tacklers. Nonu into everything, Bryn Hall with a crucial break, a 1st 5 who can kick, the procession to the 2014 coronation starting to take shape.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT, Blues 17-9 vs Highlanders, looking onto it here, big Georgie Moala busting out the K Rd afterburners to evade the cops I mean tacklers. Nonu into everything, Bryn Hall with a crucial break, a 1st 5 who can kick, the procession to the 2014 coronation starting to take shape.

Does this mean there's a "Polynesian b-ball Paremoremo jailbreak" in progress?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha, too many pick and go's for that!

Maybe it's due in the last 20!

Sopoaga nailing enough kicks to keep them cl oops, edit, Piutau in after half-drunk Steve Walsh presides over another daft TMO bus stop orgasm

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nadolo (formerly known as Ratu something-or-other) was HUGE when he was at the Waratahs. Quite unsuited to pro rugby. He's obviously slimmed down with all the travel he's done, from Oz to France, England and Japan before ending up in NZ.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I strongly suspect Kaino wants the AB 6 jersey back if todays game is any indication, mind you Luatua seemed to be trying to point out he still wants a place too. Seems Triggs was a wise buy to bring back from Japan. Still not sure what Benji adds to team apart from a bit of depth on bench.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Chiefs were leading in the first half 16-14, but it looks like the Bulls could run away with the game here.

It aint pretty with the simple game plan of set-piece dominance and rolling mauls, but it's effective.
31-15 to the Bulls after 55 minutes.

Also, I thought Stuart Berry was stood down for the round? The muppet is running one of the sidelines.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
60th Minute, Maul goes to go ground and messam tries place ball back only to be blocked by bull lying on the wrong side, penalty bulls. what

Status
Not open for further replies.